fiduciary

Author Topic: Rogue One yay or nay?  (Read 2780 times)

Offline I am a Skywalker

• Padawan Learner
  • I couldn't find a speeder that I really liked
Rogue One yay or nay?
« on: January 04, 2018, 05:28:19 AM »
I know that I'm backtracking a bit here but people still seem to be debating how enjoyable (or not) Rogue One was. What does everyone think, feel free to leave comments too!

Offline Sethski

• Master Force User
Re: Rogue One yay or nay?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 05:52:44 AM »
I'm curious on opinions, too. Personally, I've really enjoyed all the recent gen of Star Wars films on the whole, but I (pleasingly, surprisingly) enjoyed Rogue One the most - I found it really engaging and compelling, visually top notch and exciting, and, for me, it pulled off both doing new stuff that still felt like it belonged in the Star Wars universe and storyline AND channeling the spirit of the original trilogy and giving me a warm fuzzy, grinny nostalgia hit, esp the way it segued into ANH really nicely (aside from the minor niggle that the plans weren't beamed to the Tantive IV as Vader said in ANH, but I can give that a pass lol). I thought I'd enjoy it as reasonable filler between the main films, but found it way way better than I expected  :azn:

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 06:39:49 AM »
I liked it a lot more than I liked The Last Jedi.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 08:37:41 AM »
I liked the pacing of the film, and K2SO a'la Alan Tudyk was great.  Humor, sarcasm, and no jar-jar.  so much better than TLJ*

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 09:42:58 AM »
I'm not saying it was my favorite (also not saying it's not..) but it is definitely the best movie that is also a Star Wars movie.  It played on universal themes and told a story about people with complex and relatable motivations while holding authentic to both the aesthetic and mood of Star Wars.  It could have taken place any time, any place (with some obvious adjustments) from feudal Japan, to Sparta, to the wild west.

Offline RyDiddy

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 12:51:45 PM »
I really liked Rogue One.  It tied in well between the prequel trilogy and the original trilogy, and it has the same feel as the original films.  I really liked the characters and the parallel of the father - daughter relationship of the Ersos and Vader/Leia.

Offline Kanjiklub

• Force User
  • Those Little Freaks
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 01:49:42 PM »
Awesome!

Offline Guylo Ren

• Padawan Learner
  • Hi to all,dark side & light alike!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 02:15:10 PM »
With the exception of That Vader Scene at the end,it's a big nay from me.Totally forgettable characters (with the exception of K-2SO,hilarious),some lamentably daft space action & a predetermined ending.Rogue Yawn. :rolleyes:

Offline Darkmatter73

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 05:42:07 PM »
The Battle of Scarif may be the best space battle yet, it was fantastic. Loved Rogue One.
Also, that look on Krennic's face when Vader's door opened at his castle, and he visibly gulped. Then Vader's 30 foot shadow behind him, what an entrance!

Offline I am a Skywalker

• Padawan Learner
  • I couldn't find a speeder that I really liked
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 10:42:25 AM »
I liked the film too and thought that the characters were well portrayer by the actors. I think that the film carried a lot of emotion as well, moving from humour to sadness to anger (mainly from Krennic I feel with his my achievements not yours and deploying the garrison etc XD). Overall I thought the film was really good and it did well at carrying on the theme with a good set of characters which were realistic characters for within the star wars universe.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 10:51:20 AM by I am a Skywalker »

Offline SharkyMcShark

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 02:57:59 PM »
I enjoyed it slightly more than TFA, and less than TLJ.

It was visually excellent if a little light on depth.

Offline DXistenz

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 06:18:01 PM »
Having grown up with the original trilogy, I have to say Rogue One fit in perfectly. It so far is the best Star Wars film Disney has put out. I liked Rogue One more than any of the recent Star Wars films including the prequels.

Rogue One, A New Hope, and Empire Strikes Back.

retrousse