fiduciary

Author Topic: Question RE: TCSS v Saberforge Part Compatibility  (Read 4845 times)

Offline GnostDural

• No Force
  • Keeper of the Jedi Archives.
Question RE: TCSS v Saberforge Part Compatibility
« on: July 30, 2019, 08:16:16 PM »
Hey FX Forums, skill testing question for you.

If hypothetically, I was looking at building a Saberforge ASP saber.. but there were 1 or 2 parts (extensions in particular) from TCSS that I really wanted to include in my saber build..

Could I, hypothetically, screw them together?
Are the MHS parts and ASP parts the same dimensions to do something like that?
There is a particular "Gear" from TCSS I bought ages ago that I wanted to use, but I've been really loving the new stuff Saberforge has to offer.. Wondering if such an endeavour is possible.

Has anybody tried this?
This will be the subject of my next report. May the Force be with you.

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
Re: Question RE: TCSS v Saberforge Part Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 08:35:10 PM »
No, they are nowhere near compatible. Also, SF’s stuff is essentially crap, the ASP system was SF’s pathetic attempt of copying the TCSS MHS system.

I dueled against someone with an ASP hilt a couple of years ago, and I almost died laughing as I watched their hilt fall apart during the fight. Needless to say, my opponent lost, and I ONLY use MHS. as a base for almost all of the sabers I’ve built through the years,

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 09:59:10 PM »
I'll admit some of the Saberforge ASP parts look interesting which might be fine for a "shelf queen" display saber but the better threading on MHS is more suitable for dueling sabers so its just as well they aren't compatible imo. I only use MHS as well, and genuine TCSS MHS parts (sometimes modified) have been used on many 'masterpieces' by some of the best elite sabersmiths in this hobby's history, so you won't go wrong sticking with MHS.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline GnostDural

• No Force
  • Keeper of the Jedi Archives.
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 07:06:52 AM »
I'm glad I asked, then. Definitely feel like I dodged a blaster bolt there. Thanks guys, I appreciate your expertise.
This will be the subject of my next report. May the Force be with you.

retrousse