fiduciary

Author Topic: Yoda DIY Graflex Chassis Kit ESB Vintage  (Read 34413 times)

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
Re: Yoda DIY Graflex Chassis Kit ESB Vintage
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2011, 02:52:05 AM »
you can't go wrong with a custom stand from ArkaiHalon, i contacted him a few weeks ago and
waited 2 weeks for a reply. he told me that he is very sorry about the delay and its because he is
very busy at the moment. be sure, he will reply!  ;)

Offline Evan Zal

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2011, 12:17:49 PM »
I'm sure he will. I've heard nothing but good things about him. I'm sure his whole life isn't just to make $20-$60 saber stands for people :)

Offline Obi-Shane

• Master Force User
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2011, 01:49:13 PM »
Oh, it's nice, don't get me wrong. I am unemployed at the moment and I can't spend that much on a stand. I bought the DIY kit with money I had saved for over two years just for that purpose. I can justify a $20 or so Halon stand though 8)

If your handy with some tools I would recommend possibly making your own? It's quite fun and rewarding, such as building your own DIY chassis or Graflex. After doing my Graflex and being unable to find an adequate base/stand/case combo I decided to just build everything myself. It is a tad time consuming though :D

Cheers

Shane

Offline Evan Zal

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2011, 06:01:28 PM »
I thought that they (the acrylic ones anyway) had to be laser cut. Like, I could go to Home Depot and get a sheet of acrylic, but I wouldn't know how to cut it other than by laser :-\

Offline Obi-Shane

• Master Force User
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2011, 10:50:37 PM »
I thought that they (the acrylic ones anyway) had to be laser cut. Like, I could go to Home Depot and get a sheet of acrylic, but I wouldn't know how to cut it other than by laser :-\

Easy peasy actually. Just get a "L" square and measure the peices yourself for straight lines. and use a zacto knife or sheet metal/ acrylic score tool. and score the lines then snap em. this method is for larger peices, then sand and polish the edges yourself. Small peices i would just use a rotary tool, then sand/ wet sand then polish them. materials are dirt cheap for small stands, its just takes time to make em. I'm doing one this week and will have it complete with any luck by the end of this weekend

Shane

Offline Evan Zal

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2011, 11:29:11 PM »
Cool, maybe I'll try it sometime 8)

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2011, 07:17:22 PM »
Well done Egon McGregor ;D
I am very pleased to see your progress and how everything come together for you as well as your ability to modify what you needed to
and the kits ability to adapt to those needs.

Thank you so much for your compliments on the kit and manual and I'm glad they helped you manage to convert your own Graflex.
IT came out Great and I hope you are enjoying and learned from it 8)

MTFBWY
always
YODA

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2011, 02:41:24 PM »
thanks master Yoda! yes, i learned a lot during the building process! i also have some new ideas for the next chassis ;)
hope you have some ready soon!

Offline Obi-Shane

• Master Force User
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2011, 05:16:50 PM »
thanks master Yoda! yes, i learned a lot during the building process! i also have some new ideas for the next chassis ;)

Something tells me you have deep pockets Egon,  ;D. I too am looking forward to his next run. I wonder by any chance, how difficult it would be to install a slightly larger speaker to the end of the chassis. With a new line of speakers on the market soon, 2W 4/8 Ohm speakers, I wonder how hard it will be to modify one of these chassis to fit the speaker. JQ has a new line of speakers in the works, and this is the route I think I'll try and go if its possible to fit them on the DIY Yoda chassis.

Shane

Offline LUKE SKYWALKER

• Formerly Egon Mcgregor
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Keeper of the Graflex
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2011, 01:32:21 AM »

Something tells me you have deep pockets Egon,  ;D. I too am looking forward to his next run. I wonder by any chance, how difficult it would be to install a slightly larger speaker to the end of the chassis. With a new line of speakers on the market soon, 2W 4/8 Ohm speakers, I wonder how hard it will be to modify one of these chassis to fit the speaker. JQ has a new line of speakers in the works, and this is the route I think I'll try and go if its possible to fit them on the DIY Yoda chassis.

Shane

not so deep like they should be for that hobby  ;) i've seen the speaker prototype from jq, and if they have the same diameter like the premium speakers from tcss, the only thing we need is the REAL CR123 battery setup from Yoda, that will give us the necessary space for mounting a deeper speaker. by the way, those speakers
sound awsome, deep in bass and rich in the high frequency tones!!!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 12:11:07 AM by EgonMcGregor »

Offline Lim boon hwa

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2017, 03:11:32 AM »
I want to buy the crystal chamber set

retrousse