fiduciary

Author Topic: might be a deffect but...  (Read 7848 times)

Offline Daleon Brande

• Force User
  • Board of Director for London Rogues (Retired)
might be a deffect but...
« on: July 30, 2007, 05:40:43 AM »
I seriously hate this saber. Well one side of the two that I have. I bought the thing a few weeks ago and the first time i try to do a light spar with it, one side gets completely messed up. The thing turns on fine for a little bit then it starts to die out on the LEDs then it completely locks down with the sound card beeping madly at me. At first I thought it was maybe bad batteries (cause this never happend with my other sabers) so i changed them and it still gave me the same results. Any suggestions guys?

Offline Andy Anonymous

• Master Force User
    • Andy Anonymous
Re: might be a deffect but...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 12:09:02 PM »
Well obviously that isn't how it's supposed to act, so don't blame the Maul saber in general. ;)

If you tried a fresh set of brand new batteries (high powered ones I hope), and it's doing the same thing, you probably got a defective one and should exchange it for another.

Offline Daleon Brande

• Force User
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 01:06:23 PM »
yes to the fresh batteries but since I bought it several months ago and this was the first time for me getting to trying it out i doubt that they'd let me trade it in for a replacement.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 02:37:58 PM »
Is your battery holder sitting securly on the pins? One of the pins might be stuck and not seating properly.

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 03:08:17 PM »
If that doesn't work, contact Amy or Jerry at Master Replicas and I'm sure it won't be a problem getting a replacement.

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline Daleon Brande

• Force User
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 05:36:55 PM »
well i checked it and I don't see a problem with it. I sent an email to MR and i still haven't recieved an email back from them.

Offline Ti-el_terall

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 09:54:55 AM »
Sounds odd indeed. Lucky for me, I never leave my MR sabers stock, long enough for them to get mesed up :D

But serioulsy now, MR should be able to replace it, expecially since it looks like a board problem not a broken blade or battery pack problem.

Offline Daleon Brande

• Force User
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 07:44:36 PM »
well they're bothering me since they haven't responded to my emails. It's been over a week or so since i emailed them.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 07:58:01 PM »
I'd shoot them another email.

Sometimes it takes them a while to get through all the emails they receive a day though. I emailed them a while ago about a battery holder for my Vader ESB (Speaker was bad upond first firing the saber). It took about a month to get a response.

They are probably pretty swamped right now, with the Luke ANH delay. I can only imagine the emails they are receiving just because of THAT. ::) ;D

Offline Daleon Brande

• Force User
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 04:31:37 AM »
true but i put "Darth Maul force fx saber- ATTN required" as the subject.

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 07:42:18 AM »
Two things:

1)  Was it a "couple of weeks ago"  or "several months ago".  Two entirely different time frames you mentioned in two different posts.

2)  You might have screwed yourself.  You admitted to "light duelling" when in fact, it plainly states in the warning that they are not to be duelled with.  Everyone KNOWS what people are doing to do with them, but because you chose to do something against the warning label, they have no liability.  I think this was a smart move on MRs part.  Imagine how much money they would have lost had they NOT included that in the package.  People trying to return the sabers for all sorts of reasons.

At this point, if Amy or someone from MR is able to help you out, I'd consider it a BLESSING and not something owed to you.  Not trying to sound like a jerk, but unfortunately with the admission of duelling, you kind of hosed yourself.  Plus the fact that you aren't really clear as to HOW long you've had the saber.   ???

Offline Daleon Brande

• Force User
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 03:56:13 PM »
well they're both basically in the same time frame.  Few weeks ago and several months for me are like 2-3 months in total for my definition. And light duelling is just tapping, with complete control and slow motion during the movements.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 03:58:54 PM by DaleSabers »

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2007, 04:58:59 PM »
You're missing the point.  It says on the warning to not do that.

So basically, MR doesn't have to replace anything.  You violated the warning.

So at this point, if Amy or someone from MR that is here on the forum can help you, I would consider it a true benefit.

We all know that we duel with these things.  Heck, there's things we do all the time that violate the warning or warranty.  But you do so at your own risk.  Caveat Emptor.

Just like when you overclock your 2.2 Ghz processor to speeds over 3.0Ghz  =)

Intel isn't going to help you out if you don't know how to do it correctly.  They plainly say....do not overclock.

That's what i was getting at.  MR doesn't have to help you.  Hopefully they will. 

That would be great if they did.   ;D

Offline Daleon Brande

• Force User
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 05:36:14 PM »
still i don't believe that just tapping the thing would cause it to do that

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2007, 06:35:06 PM »
I gotta agree with Lord Vader on this one that you practically screwed yourself over by admitting to MR that you dueled with the saber.  Even light tapping can damage the sabers over time.  As Lord Vader said it says in the instructions that the sabers are NOT to be dueled with and that they are collector's items.  Now if you want to get the thing converted into a Luxeon so you can duel with it that's one thing but trying to have MR replace your saber because it was your own fault that's something that won't happen.

Yes I have lightly dueled with my FX sabers with my youngest nephew but that was only once or twice and I told him no more after that because one point while dueling I had my Mace saber and he had Anakin's and he hit my Mace hard on accident and caused the blade to loosen up.  I just told him that we're not playing with the FX sabers any more because I want them to remain collector's items and in good condition.

Yes I plan on going outside to the patio when we move into our new place to play with my Maul, but that's just twirl it and do various moves with it.

retrousse