fiduciary

Author Topic: Mando, Season 2  (Read 2000 times)

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
Mando, Season 2
« on: October 31, 2020, 08:21:44 AM »
Haven't seen a Mandalorian 2 thread yet, so I might as well get the ball rolling.

So, after watching the first season at least a half dozen times this year, and the companion Gallery series, I was sufficiently hyped for Season 2. And it started on a pretty solid note for me, anyway. So far, so good. The atrocious, almost George Lucas-grade direlogue is still there, but that's about as much criticism I've got. Can't wait for the rest of the season, and I can't wait to see how they do Asohka, whenever she appears.

I have one question that the show failed to answer, though: where are they getting all that wood on a desert planet?

What did everyone else think of it?

Better late than never.

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
Re: Mando, Season 2
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 09:13:04 AM »
I have one question that the show failed to answer, though: where are they getting all that wood on a desert planet?

Are you talking about the fires?  Banths poo is flamable.

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 09:45:35 AM »

Are you talking about the fires?  Banths poo is flamable.

I mean, yes, I'll grant you that. doesn't cover the wooden ballista they use later on, though. :wink:
Better late than never.

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 09:54:12 AM »
um :angel: ... wholesale from Watto's Import Furniture?

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 10:04:04 AM »
My guess: Tatooine is so hot, it doesn't have polar ice caps, it has polar rainforests.
Better late than never.

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 10:10:21 AM »
ah well, in that case, [switches hats] you want Watto's Exotic Patios & Porches :wink:

Offline Kanjiklub

• Force User
  • Those Little Freaks
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2020, 03:35:53 AM »
Great start to the season!

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2020, 08:16:07 AM »
Chapter 10 fell a bit flat, I gotta say. Definitely had the smell of filler episode all over it.
Better late than never.

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2020, 06:33:20 PM »
My sentiments exactly. I think I actually said “pure filler” out loud when it ended without even a resolution to a silly side story. Let’s hope it doesn’t pick up where it left off next week!

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2020, 02:59:59 AM »
Yeah. It was off to a good start (is Boba Fett kidnapping the Child?) but it just fell flat after. And somehow, those giant spiders were creepier in Rebels than they were in full scale. Something about the added detail just didn't translate well for me.

Oh well. Every show has to have some bad episodes every now and then. I wonder when they're going to start the multiple storylines that Favreau mentioned, though, and who they'll be splitting off with. I kinda figured this episode would have more of a focus on Fett.
Better late than never.

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2020, 06:13:42 AM »
Chapter 11's a win.

Next week should be fun, too.
Better late than never.

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2020, 08:43:55 AM »
Yep, much, much better episode this week! 

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2020, 01:11:22 PM »
Chapter 12 was okat, I thought. I figured we'd meet up with Ahsoka this episode, but I guess they're keeping Lady Tano for later. It was nice to see the old faces of last season again, even if, plot-wise, things were a little simple.

I gotta say, seeing all those Snoke-like clones floating in vats was a bit of a downer. I mean, I suppose Disney had to start integrating the ST into Mando at some point, but I hoped that would be way, way further down the line.

I am, however, secretly hoping those troopers Gideon is building are Dark Troopers being brought back into canon. Because if they're bringing them back, then logically, they'll bring back the only known antidote to Dark Troopers, Kyle Katarn.

A Jedi Knight fanboy can dream, right?  :wink:

Better late than never.

Offline DARTH VADER

• SMF tech support
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Turtle Shell Productions
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2020, 02:20:15 PM »
Meh, the Jedi are seriously overrated :P
Actually, in all seriousness, (and knowing that it is a show and not real) I have MAJOR issues with the Jedi. essentially authorized kidnapping and indoctrination of force-sensitive children.

The Sith aren't a whole lot better, but at least they're HONEST about how terrible they are.

But as for THIS show -- I am loving every moment of The Mandolorian. Even the episodes y'all went "meh" to, I loved.  Looking forward to Darksider Grogu.
I really like Ahsoka and the return of Boba, but my favorite thing about this series is that we're mostly dealing with "the rest of the universe" separate from those self-important Skywalkers and Palpatines

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2020, 08:02:22 AM »
Meh, the Jedi are seriously overrated :P
Actually, in all seriousness, (and knowing that it is a show and not real) I have MAJOR issues with the Jedi. essentially authorized kidnapping and indoctrination of force-sensitive children.

Yeah, the more times goes on, the less I disagree. In this case, though, by Jedi Knight fanboy, I meant Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, the excellent shooter/slasher of my childhood, featuring Kyle Katarn, slayer of Dark Troopers (in Dark Forces I)

And hey, I called it, those were Dark Troopers in Mando.  :wink:

Ahsoka's episode was awesome. I gotta ask, did anyone else thing that, from the comment about the Magistrate's people being destroyed in the Clone Wars and the red robes she was wearing, that she was going to be a Dathomir Force Witch? Because that's what I expected.

Anyway, she's getting her own show now, so, that's more fun to look forward to.

The Boba Fett chapter was a bit mixed for me. I enjoyed it, but I didn't enjoy Robert Rodriguez's directing style with it that much. that whole sequence where they went through all of Fett's arsenal (including the kneecap rocket launchers at long last) was cool, but the slowmo-focus on each separate thing reminded me too much of Rodriguez doing the same in the Mariachi trilogy, and it just didn't gel with the style of the Mandalorian that well for me.

This week's one was cool, but that's all I'm saying until more folks have had a chance to see it.
Better late than never.

retrousse