fiduciary

Author Topic: WANTED: Clash sensor boards from FX  (Read 2417 times)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
WANTED: Clash sensor boards from FX
« on: April 10, 2007, 11:36:37 PM »
 :) If anyone has any extras laying about. PLEASE let me know! :o

These little things are extremely hard to come by, so I'll take what I can get! The sensor is labelled SW-18020P.

While I have found suppliers of the component, they can only be purchased in quantities of 200 units or more. I might start stocking these switches when we get our store up and running, but until then, I only really need a handful... ;D

Offline vortextwist

• formerly known as vortextwist
  • Master Force User
Re: WANTED: Clash sensor boards from FX
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 05:01:29 PM »
what company was that. I found a place in china that has them but not sure how to order becouse it is all in chinees. I don't want to download the language thingy. maybe Tim from TCSS, ultra. and other shops might go in with ya?

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 05:43:10 PM »
i have a sound board, but no sensor.
sensors are really easy to make though.

The clash is detected by a closing electrical contact (means that it's N.O. = Normally Open). It can even be "manually triggered" by a push button (momentary).
The only point about "compatibility" is the sensitivity of the sensor, but a hasbro one is used as well in a saber, no reason it would not work. You can even make your own sensor. Take a ball-pen spring or something even more flexible, like a pull-back spring from an old VCR / Walkman / tape deck mechanical system, solder it on a piece of PCB or bakelite (salvaged from the same hardware as the spring), a put a central pin in the middle, use a steel needle for instance. If the spring is not flexible enough and then it's hard to get a clash effect, you can weight the spring a bit at its end. Make the spring a bit longer than the central pin and glue some weight on top of it. A drop of hot glue can be enough. Drop + lead ball (fishing accessory) + another drop of glue... Until you get the proper sensitivity.
Erv'

from erv on TCSS  ;)

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline vortextwist

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 06:27:06 PM »
yes but if you want stock stuff and don't have much room,(also want it enclosed)a  stock one is the way to go.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 07:58:02 PM »
what company was that. I found a place in china that has them but not sure how to order becouse it is all in chinees. I don't want to download the language thingy. maybe Tim from TCSS, ultra. and other shops might go in with ya?

There's a couple from china, and one in the U.A.E. I found it using an electronics component search engine. MEC Makes them as well as Yusan. MEC is the only manufacturer brand that I could find in the SW18020P vibration switch besides a few other companies in China. They come in 1kilo bags, and the smallest amount available to order is 200 units... That's 200 kilos of those little switches...

I have discovered that the little flashy LED's in kids shoes are ran by the EXACT part SW18020P BUT, they are soldered to the PCB and COPLETELY encased in  poured acryillic block, and you cannot remove them without destroying them... I have heard that thee are some novelty toys that have pcbs that are not dipped in this substance, but I have yet to find anything like them. Cheap toys with motion detection are a good bet. I'll keep looking.

Offline vortextwist

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 02:09:26 PM »
hmm, well I'll keep lookin also. let us know what ya find.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 12:25:06 AM »
You betcha ;)

retrousse