fiduciary

Author Topic: Star Trek Las Vegas  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
Star Trek Las Vegas
« on: March 03, 2007, 06:05:02 PM »
Has anyone been to star trek the experience in vegas?  i have done it three times now and every time i wish it was SW.  I mean i love STNG almost as much as SW.  But come on GL you're mising the boat here.  I know he has star tours at orlando and i have never been but have had many friends and a sister that has and from what i am told it is nothing like ST the experience in Vagas.

They could even make a blue screen room with costumes and all and shoot a short video to sell you.  i saw them doing that on the vegas strip.  can you imagine flying in an xwing down the trench etc.  what am i missing here.

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
Re: Star Trek Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 07:07:06 PM »
hehe... I lived in Vegas for 21 years (most of my life and I'm 25).  I went to Star Trek The Experience I think about 5 times and twice before I moved from there.  I love it a lot.  I luckly got a chance to go through the Borg 4-D Invasion shortly after it opened up (which was almost before we moved).  I will admit I didn't like that one as much as the Klingon Encounter (the original ride).  It really is a neat place to go and see all the props on display before the rides and of course all the stuff in the prominade shops.  Quarks bar and resturant is pretty cool too.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 07:37:40 PM »
 8)Hey guys!!How much does it costs to get in and all?Also do they have a shop for shirts and all?The reason why I'm asking is due to the fact one day maybe next year I'd like to take my wife there!!She is a big star trek fan!!I for one a pure starwars fan;but;I want to do this for my wonderful wife!! ;D

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 07:55:11 PM »
Hm, they seemed to have raised the prices a bit.

However according to www.startrekexp.com prices for one person are $37.99 a PERSON but that's for both rides.  Before the Borg 4-D Invasion opened up you were allowed to go on the Klingon Encounter as many times as you wanted with that ticket...but after the Borg 4-D Invasion you could only go through each ride once.  Unless they've changed that rule since I've moved...

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 08:36:21 PM »
 8)Thanks for the info bigT1981!! ;D

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 04:13:02 AM »
I am also a big Star Trek fan. I would love to go there. I have heard a lot of good things about STTE. Must get there sometime. Seems you need to take a lot of money, especialy for the shopping!
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 05:17:35 AM »
The price is on the website and if you purchase only save about 5 bucks off the walk up price.  as of 4 weeks ago when i was there ride as many times as you can fit in.  just go early enough to have enough time.  klingon encounter takes about 18 minutes to ride.  figure on 1/2 hour per cycle. i believe the klingons go every half hour and the borg on the hour.  yes nicd gift shop with lots of goodies.  t shirt hats uniforms if you have 300 bucks.

I am bald and resemble Jean Luc a bit i have had fun with this in the past.  Not to give a spoiler but the other folks riding the ride look at me like i am part of the gag.  last time i even gave a tug at my jacket like patrick used to do.  if you have ample time and can afford to wait it is always best to go with as few people as possible as not to make it feel like you are on an amusement ride.  my first time only had 4 of us so you really go involved in the plot.

retrousse