fiduciary

Author Topic: AVOID THIS EBAY MEMBER "MADNOTEMIKE"  (Read 12030 times)

Offline JediKnightBJ

• Master Force User
  • The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart i
Re: AVOID THIS EBAY MEMBER "MADNOTEMIKE"
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2009, 08:07:08 PM »
Check out this email I JUST GOT FROM HIM!

"I can't find anything saying you sent it. And I really don't apricate you leaving me that comment on my feedback."

I left him bad feedback....NO DUH!!

Again thanks for the help.  I notified ebay of this fradulant seller.  The security email guy replied,

"We've had a lot of complaints about a seller with the same address and several accounts. We will be looking at this very closely."
The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force. The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined: the crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one."-Luminara Unduli.

Offline illz302

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2009, 10:09:34 PM »
Check out this email I JUST GOT FROM HIM!

"I can't find anything saying you sent it. And I really don't apricate you leaving me that comment on my feedback."

I left him bad feedback....NO DUH!!

Again thanks for the help.  I notified ebay of this fradulant seller.  The security email guy replied,

"We've had a lot of complaints about a seller with the same address and several accounts. We will be looking at this very closely."

Wow that sucks. At least you might get your compensation at some point if they catch him that is.

Offline JediKnightBJ

• Master Force User
  • The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart i
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2009, 10:11:33 PM »
I got my refund.  He's just such a liar, he can't even remember the truth.
The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force. The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined: the crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one."-Luminara Unduli.

Offline illz302

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2009, 10:38:03 PM »

If there is one thing I've learned in my years of law enforcement a lot of times these guys actually start to believe their own lies!

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2009, 10:41:21 PM »

If there is one thing I've learned in my years of law enforcement a lot of times these guys actually start to believe their own lies!

True.

I never knew you were a LEO there illz! 8)

Offline Matt Thorn

• Experienced Force User
    • Köjin Köbö
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2009, 05:13:29 PM »
Live and learn. I just received the same thing you received--a 2003 ROTJ Luke broken off at the hilt--but in my case it was my own carelessness and not deception on the part of the seller that led me to buy something I can't really use. Mine was advertised as "junk", and the seller was very clear on the condition of the saber. I just foolishly assumed I was getting a broken LED saber. In fact, until I read this thread, I wasn't even aware there was an EL version of this saber. I got it for 5500 yen (about $60 U.S.), and was cheerfully planning my conversion of the saber to a Luxeon III, until it arrived an hour ago. As soon as I saw the box, I thought, "Wait a minute. ROTJ Luke, broken off at the hilt...?" Sure enough, the box read "©2003". Ouch. I've been struggling to convert my 2002 AOTC Anakin to a Luxeon. And now I've got another EL hilt to deal with. If I had read this thread before bidding, I would have thought to ask the seller what year was printed on the pommel and saved myself $60. Live and learn.

I'm glad to hear you got your money back fairly quickly.
There's always a bigger fish.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2009, 05:19:02 PM »
Live and learn. I just received the same thing you received--a 2003 ROTJ Luke broken off at the hilt--but in my case it was my own carelessness and not deception on the part of the seller that led me to buy something I can't really use. Mine was advertised as "junk", and the seller was very clear on the condition of the saber. I just foolishly assumed I was getting a broken LED saber. In fact, until I read this thread, I wasn't even aware there was an EL version of this saber. I got it for 5500 yen (about $60 U.S.), and was cheerfully planning my conversion of the saber to a Luxeon III, until it arrived an hour ago. As soon as I saw the box, I thought, "Wait a minute. ROTJ Luke, broken off at the hilt...?" Sure enough, the box read "©2003". Ouch. I've been struggling to convert my 2002 AOTC Anakin to a Luxeon. And now I've got another EL hilt to deal with. If I had read this thread before bidding, I would have thought to ask the seller what year was printed on the pommel and saved myself $60. Live and learn.

I'm glad to hear you got your money back fairly quickly.

$60 for a soundcard really isn't that horrible.  You can sell the card and the hilt and probably make a buck for your trouble.  At the very least you should be able to break even and treat it as a learning experience.  Always ask questions before bidding. ;)

Facebook: VVFB

Offline gundamaniac

• Force User
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2009, 01:45:38 AM »
Yep...the Luke RotJ MR is a pretty comfortable MR hilt, and you can still strip the sound as Allaerra said. It might be a pain to attempt a Lux conversion and it might not be what you expected...but it's not all bad!

JKBJ, sorry to hear about your troubles with this guy. It's good to know that eBay is investigating this guy though. It's almost funny how he tries to feign ignorance and act like he's not a crook.

Offline Lord Bane

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • LB CUSTOM SABERS
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2010, 07:43:00 AM »
I had a problem like that where I had a guy on Ebay convert an Obi TPM for me with all the bells and whistles, US2.5 blinking accent led etc. I waited almost two months to get it.  Needless to say it was all botched up so I sent it back giving him another chance to fix it and almost a month later It still looked like crap. Well I obviously was not gong to get any help from Paypal since it was over 45 days so I called my credit card company. They gave me my money back immediately and went after this guy. I never see him on EBay anymore.
Talk to your credit card company if all else fails. They'll back you all the way.

retrousse