fiduciary

Author Topic: AVOID THIS EBAY MEMBER "MADNOTEMIKE"  (Read 12032 times)

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
Re: Luke ROTJ EL 2003 Bought on Ebay-BROKEN IN HALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 07:48:42 AM »
Sounds like to me he was just passing off the saber to get rid of it. He ought to pay you back your money. You bought a new, sealed saber. Not a opened, gently used one. Well, I take that back, not an open, broken-bladed, gently used hilt. :P :-\ Did the blade have anyscuff marks or scratches like it had been dropped? If it broke off during his obvious playing with it, then it could have small blemishes on the blade near the top.

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline JediKnightBJ

• Master Force User
  • The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart i
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 08:55:01 AM »
I couldn't find any scuffs or signs of breaking on it.

HELP!!!! HE IS NOW SAYING THAT THERE IS A SERIAL NUMBER ON IT SOMEWHERE AND THAT I'D BETTER SEND HIM BACK THE SAME ONE.  DOES  ANYONE KNOW OF WHERE THE SERIAL NUMBER IS ON THE LIGHTSABER?
The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force. The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined: the crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one."-Luminara Unduli.

Offline The Highwayman

• Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 08:58:24 AM »
Serial number, i know of no serial number on a saber. Unless it's inside the hilt somewhere... let me look at my ANH luke.

Ok I was wrong. my saber does have one.

Where the battery pack goes in, there may be a little white sticker with the number on it. Thats how mine is. It may be on the pack itself.

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2008, 09:01:21 AM »
Take the pommel off and remove the battery pack.  The number is on a sticker inside the hilt near the threading. However, that number is the SAME number on all Luke ROTJ Hilts.  It is a part number and nothing more.

Ask him what serial number he is referring to. Make sure to do it THROUGH paypal AND Ebay's resolution centers!

Also, if you can try to get a good clear close up shot of the serial number.

*EDIT*

Here is what the label will look like. This one is from an LED model, but the label should be similar.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 09:08:56 AM by DARTH TYRANUS »

Offline JediKnightBJ

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2008, 08:24:22 PM »
Take the pommel off and remove the battery pack.  The number is on a sticker inside the hilt near the threading. However, that number is the SAME number on all Luke ROTJ Hilts.  It is a part number and nothing more.

Ask him what serial number he is referring to. Make sure to do it THROUGH paypal AND Ebay's resolution centers!

Also, if you can try to get a good clear close up shot of the serial number.

*EDIT*

Here is what the label will look like. This one is from an LED model, but the label should be similar.

This doesn't even have one of those.  I just escalated the case so paypal will decide. I sent the guy an email asking him to explain where this supposed serial number is, he has sent no replies.  I gave him until 25 minutes ago to send me where the serial number is supposed to be, and I examined every inch of the saber and I cannot find anything, even a model number sticker.  I guess we will see what paypal decides.
The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force. The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined: the crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one."-Luminara Unduli.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2008, 09:29:11 PM »
Worst case, you can convert it to a Luxeon V green, with Ultrasound or CF.

When you file with Paypal, use the item not described reason. It was presented as a mint piece and arrived otherwise. Insurance is there to protect the seller, not the buyer. That is what buyer protection polices are for.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline The Highwayman

• Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2008, 09:15:14 AM »
Thats not incriminating at all. Here's what I get the feeling happened - He removed the #'s, sold the saber and got his money, all with the knowledge that it was broke. He must have known he was ripping someone off. >:( :-\

Offline JediKnightBJ

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2008, 06:37:20 AM »
Here's what the guys latest reply said.  Paypal is telling me to send it back,and I'm going to send it back, but I'm worried I'm being screwed here.

"Just send it back and we'll handle it from there. Trust me when I say I'll know if it is the orginal one I sent. I am no scammer and I'm not calling you a liar bro just send it back i'll refund you and it'll all be over. If it doesnt match my recipt you'll hear from me trust me."

I'll be sending it back tonight when I get home from work.

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2008, 06:48:02 AM »
As for as the serial number...he must be refering to the UPC barcode on the box....since he states that he never took it out of the box...how could he have inspected the saber otherwise, right?  
Quote from the item description:
 "Collectale light saber from Star Wars Movie. MINT CONDTION!!! Never Removed from box."

So...if it was NEVER removed from the box...how could he have inspected it for a serial number?

Good luck, "bro"... ;D
And when comparing feedback totals....I'm pretty sure your 250 POSITIVES transactions out-rank his 7. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 06:53:38 AM by Master Jedye »

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline The Highwayman

• Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2008, 08:18:43 AM »
And if he argues, you have us to vouch for your honesty. a website full of vouching saber-wielders would be very convincing. ;D

MJ- thats a very good point

Offline Darth Thalos

• Skipping Vinyl Playback Loop
  • Master Force User
  • oh look, a leaky canister
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2008, 08:27:12 AM »
hmm, this situation does does seem a bit out of whack.  For all we know this guy could have peeled that sticker off the inside of the pommel himself.  Maybe this was his intention, in which of course, what kind of person would want to do such a thing?

I also agree with Jedye on this one.  You do seem to have the better side of this dispute, but in all reality it is up to paypal to see who is the culprit.  Let us all hope in this case, this guy is the culprit.

Before I forget, I would also check the blade for any sign of use.  Any Scuffs, scratches, or even cracks.  Just to make sure.  In case that he provide false information on this item.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 08:35:15 AM by Darth Thalos »
Oh Look!  A leaky canister, *cough cough*  BRAAAAAAAINNNNNNNNS!

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 08:43:36 AM »
When you send it back, make sure you use an online trackable service, such as UPS or FED EX.
Insure it for the full amount, and require direct signature confirmation.

This way you are covered against him *claiming* not receiving it, and in case it gets lost.

I know you are pissed, but remain calm and reasonable and paypal will side with you.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline JediKnightBJ

• Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 09:55:58 AM »
Does anyone know if UPS or Fedex Delivers to a PO box?  I just realized figured out what is going on. If I ship it back to a PO box, which is what paypal is requesting at this point, I don't know if UPS or Fedex will for one deliver there, or if they can do Signature confirmation to a PO box?

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2008, 10:05:42 AM »
Sounds like you may have to ship it Certified/Registered mail via USPS...little green card that requires a signature.  And it should be trackable.

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline The Highwayman

• Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2008, 10:10:39 AM »
Just take lots of photos to prove you had it and that it is in fact the same saber. I hate these swine that take advantage of collectors. >:(

retrousse