fiduciary

Author Topic: The Flashgun Challenge  (Read 14203 times)

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
Re: The Flashgun Challenge
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2020, 06:47:11 AM »
Oh man, if I did that to all my retired hilts, I'd end up losing multiple grand... and a few years worth of installs. 

Idk, I kind of like the ones with old boards, there's something nostalgic about those frozen-in-time hilts.  My Iron Man still has a CF V3, and I don't think I'll ever change it. :afro:

I still have my K3GR1. It's safely tucked away with two of Jon Judges' brass masterpieces (brassterpieces?) and possibly a brass/copper sibling. :wink:

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2020, 07:51:26 AM »
Oh man, if I did that to all my retired hilts, I'd end up losing multiple grand... and a few years worth of installs. 

Idk, I kind of like the ones with old boards, there's something nostalgic about those frozen-in-time hilts.  My Iron Man still has a CF V3, and I don't think I'll ever change it. :afro:

I still have my K3GR1. It's safely tucked away with two of Jon Judges' brass masterpieces (brassterpieces?) and possibly a brass/copper sibling. :wink:

Agreed, I only upgraded Malignant Fury (a.k.a. The Ban Saber on FaceBook) and have one other (Illustrious) on the docket. All my others are going to retain their cards since they’re CF 5 and up. I’m not upgrading either of MY k3GR’s, which is why I’d only do one IF I had a second. Most of the “modern” setups I do on stuff for clients, when I decide to take on a project.

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2020, 10:46:21 AM »
Externally my saber is finished, just needs a clean up. Needs a few bits for the install.

Build pics will abound my Insta once the competition is done.
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2020, 01:48:57 PM »
Nice. :cool:  I'm pretty much done with my entry.  I'm just waiting for parts to dry/cure. 

Next: pictures. I have to find a way to take pictures that don't look like my usual set-up... bye-bye ottoman and dining room floor. :tongue:

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2020, 05:24:59 PM »
I am still planning to be in. Have the parts, but need to design a chassis and actually build the saber. Have about 10-15 installs to finish before I have the cycles, so fingers crossed!

Offline Iggy

• Formerly known as Polarcupz
  • Master Force User
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2020, 10:43:23 AM »
Oh wow. Oct 1st is just around the corner...I need to finish mine up.
I finished everything but the install on the one I am working on, but not sure I am feeling it.

Just ordered another flashgun to play with on the side so I might see where that one takes me while I wire this one up.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 06:25:51 AM by Iggy »

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2020, 01:21:46 PM »
That's awesome!  I'm super stoked to see everyone's.  Yeah, the last month can be a back-breaker, but it will all be worth it. :azn:

#flashgunchallenge

Edit: btw, best be lookin out, suckas, cause mine's done! :tongue: Just need to take pictures and send them to FJK. :cool:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 01:24:09 PM by eastern57 »

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2020, 07:15:43 PM »
Done before I started. Uh oh.

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2020, 03:07:07 PM »
You'll make it, Scott. :wink: 

If I'm lying, may I be subjected to an epic self-wedgie, the likes of which I shall only dare to imagine. :cry:

Please finish and don't make me a liar...

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2020, 03:39:02 PM »
It also might be a good idea to verify with FJK that he received your entry once you sent it to him.  :police:

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2020, 07:27:34 PM »
I will finish eastern...just a matter of quality based on how much time o have to invest after the I clear out the paid stuff.   I have had an idea for a while that is more of a personal preference but won’t be flashy, just how I would have liked a graflex for a dual rather than aesthetics. We will see!

More interested in seeing what everyone comes up with than I am about my own entry.

Offline Darth Chasm

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2020, 07:43:39 AM »
Unfortunately I have to back out guys. No other excuse aside from procrastination. Good luck!

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2020, 10:33:01 AM »
It's all good, man.  Maybe we can catch you in the next challenge. :azn:

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2020, 06:44:21 PM »
I have officially started, early stages, and won’t be that guy asking for more time...but if DC or anyone else can get back in if we add a few weeks, I certainly wouldn’t complain!

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2020, 12:44:51 PM »
I'm kind of biased since I'm finished.  If someone asked for more time, I think I'd probably ask the rest of the non-finished-yet-still-planning-on-submitting participants how they'd feel.

and waitaminute, Scott, does that mean you finished 10-15 installs in SIX DAYS?!?!

That's bananas... that's crazy... that's... LDM/General Grievous caliber-fast. :laugh:

retrousse