fiduciary

Author Topic: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!  (Read 46610 times)

Offline Sparhawk

• Padawan Learner
  • I'm a pretty pretty princess...DON'T JUDGE ME.
Re: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2009, 07:17:37 PM »
After a long thoughtful read, I don't think anyone here is jumping down DT's throat, what we have here is simple. Simple frustration. Everyone here waiting is patient, everyone here understands, and knows about DT's health problems. To me this is quite frankly blowing off steam. Steam,that for one reason or another has been building for two years. From what i'm reading, the majority of people here know and understand the problems inherent with their projects. At the same time, those selling, building, or working on said projects KNOW it's been just over TWO YEARS. But we can all agree, and the option has ever been out there for those that did not wish to wait before, Ultra WILL make it worth the wait.  I write as one who's lost two expensive sabers, and waiting on one. I myself have faith that our collective patience will, and soon, be rewarded. SO reach deep, my people, for that last vestige of patience. We've made it to the horizon, and the sun rises soon.
Not every Jedi is a Hero, nor every Sith, the Villain.

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2009, 10:34:19 AM »
I agree and disagree with Sparhawk. Mostly this IS a blowing off of steam, but it's also more than that. Usually, blowing off steam is just that - blowing off excess pressure, then calming down. I don't think most of us in the middle of this SNAFU are going to calm down until it is resolved. We're certainly not going to settle down and wait for another year or two. Mostly, what I see is that people just want some sort of word from Ultra. We want to know that something is happening, that we're not in limbo like we've been for so long. We want some open communication. I think that would go a long way toward calming down the masses.

I still have faith in Ultra and Ultrasabers. They have always made things right in the past when there have been issues. They're not always the best with communication, though, and that's really what is needed here. I don't need to know things are in the mail (as much as I'd love to hear that), I just want to know what's going on, and how things are being fixed. A little honesty will do wonders in a situation like this...
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2009, 01:34:12 PM »
We are currently in the middle of the forest, albeit a very epically deep forest. We will emerge on the other side. Then this all will simply be a lesson learned for the next saber.

...and this my friends is the lesson I plan to learn. The following is not a statement on what anyone else should do, but more of a reaffirment of what I plan to do.

I've dealt with my fair share of people on the forum and guild members as well and mostly it's been a pleasant experience, but there have been the occasional hiccups (and let's face it...they happen). However, because of the increasing amount of situations that have arisen such as this one, I'm really not planning on doing much of any business in the future outside of Ebay auctions, and the occasional commision. Let me reiterate: that's just me, because the days of paying in full for a product and potentially not seeing said product for months on end are over. Once all my outstanding "orders" if you will, are taken care of, (like for example say, the US2.1 or .2 or whatever they are now) that's it. Don't get me wrong, in most instances I knew what kind of waiting would be needed and it's my own "fault" for lack of a better word, that I ended up in certain positions. I just can't leave hundreds of dollars spread out everywhere with no product to show for it.

So in closing, I'm not really trying to lay blame on anyone as much as I'm trying to do the right thing and look out for my own finances. The saying goes "if you can't take the heat...get out of the kitchen" well, I'm headed for the deck with an ice cold one. :D

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2009, 02:47:43 PM »
I hear ya, Shadeslinger. The point a lot of us have reached now is a sad one. Where once there was trust and faith in our community, there is now doubt and trepidation. One or two issues like this are enough to shake the foundation of trust built over years of quality products and service. I need to restate my belief that Ultra is doing his best to fix this, and my hope that he'll get it worked out soon, but the point where I personally would send money and parts to people for work or modification on nothing but a smile and a handshake (figuratively speaking), are gone. The only bright side is that it forces me to decide - if I continue with this as a hobby, I need to learn to do everything myself. Which I have no problem with. I just feel bad for some of the new people coming in now. They enter a community more guarded and paranoid than the one I came into when I first started. And no more exclusives from Ultra is just another loss for them. If my Overlords ever arrive, I think I'll put them behind glass, knowing they are the last relics of a time gone by...

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2009, 03:09:09 PM »
Guys, you're in a tough situation.  You feel jaded, like you weren't told the whole story or you've been given the runaround or you were just flat out lied too.  And I wish I had some great news to tell....but I don't.  What I can you is that I'm sure things are happening behind the scenes and that you're best interest is A LOT of peoples proirity....even if it doesn't feel like it now.

The recent problems (Starkillers included) would make anyone question sellers motives.   I watch this thread everyday, hoping that the right thing is done as this is another blemish on the saber community and I'm sure a few others feel the same way.

All I can say is, I hope, Reaver....that your views on this community can be salvaged. 

To GMLUmpy, respectfully....about your comment about how "quickly people turn".  Really?  Quickly?   Do you know how long this has gone on?  And if so, what is your acceptable timeframe for which people can start inquiring about there merchandise?  I believe, Sir, these wounds are running pretty deep so to insinuate that, at the drop of a hat, people would start "claiming scam"....well, that's just isn't the case. 

Hang in there guys.

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline Darth Akira

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2009, 07:52:22 PM »
all i have to say is this

we need an update from derek or alex, they both know how people are feeling right now and need to communicate with us

i have been waiting for my overlord too, and i lost patience awhile ago, right now yeah i hope derek is doing ok and i think hes a cool guy but still this is a business, any other company, if their customers were waiting for a product/service that they already paid for, do you really think that they would be like oh ok after 1-2 years of waiting.... if the company says oh yeah our tech is sick you must wait another year.. no i dont think so

anyways im not complaining to derek etc but either him or alex should post some kid of update since both of them know whats going on  on the forums now with people complaining and wanting an update etc

also jango did you get my PM about my shipping address update?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 07:25:15 AM by Darth Akira »

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
  • Evil is just a point of view
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2009, 11:27:41 PM »
Honestly, I don't care how many posts DT has. Actions speak louder than post counts, and as of late his actions are despicable. It has been over a month since this thread has been updated and every time someone talks to him the story changes. Ultra has emailed me and stated he was working on them, Jango has said the same thing. When I talked to him 3 weeks ago he said they were done and ready to ship. So, which is it? I also don't care if comparing him to Machined FX pisses any one off. Fact is Machined FX has shipped out far more Starkillers than DT has Overlords in less than a year. I think I speak for everyone when I say I want answers not excuses. The fact he was signed in last Thursday and didn't bother posting in this thread or giving any kind of update is somewhat questionable.

We all know Darth Real Life gets in the way and I can forgive for that. But there is a point in time where if you can't produce the services you were paid to do then either send them back to their owners or to someone else who can help out.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:36:07 PM by Ri-on Ozryel »

“We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.”

Offline Ultra

• Master Force User
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2009, 01:54:29 PM »
I really only have one thing to say to those still waiting on the last run of OverLords:

You can count on me to make things right just like you always have.  If I need to, I will drop everything and make an entire new run of Overlords just for you.  If you don't want one anymore, I'll refund your money. Simple as that.

I'm really hoping it won't come to that. We heard from Derek just last week and he said he's building the sabers and shipping them out. I trust him.

But whatever happens, you can always trust in me and my company.  We've always held up our end of the deal and we'll make sure this deal is upheld as well.  We're not washing our hands of this in any way. We're just asking for a little more time to sort out the builds.  Thanks.

Offline hullbreach

• Master Force User
  • Too dangerous to be kept alive
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2009, 02:02:41 PM »
Personally, that's all I needed to hear. I trust you and your business, Ultra, and I will continue to shop with you and look forward to more great products, whether that's limited forum items or the upcoming series of Hasbro Obi TPM and Dooku UltraFX conversions  8) I was more angry at Derek than anything else because I feel that he has lied to me repeatedly, disrespected me repeatedly, and has not behaved as the man I originality thought him to be. So that was my gripe and I'm done with it. Thanks.

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2009, 09:10:03 PM »
I'm with Hullbreach on this one. My faith may not be where it once was, but communication goes a long way towards easing minds. Not completely all the way, mind you, especially considering that A) we've heard things were being completed and shipped before... and B) there's no mention of any kind of timeframe yet. I don't need to know what day and time they'll be done, I'd just like to know if we're looking at days? Weeks? Months?

In any case, thanks for speaking up Ultra. It's good to hear a little reassurance from the only voice I really needed to hear. Cautious optimism is coming back...

Offline Ultra

• Master Force User
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2009, 09:36:33 PM »
When I get a time frame, I'll let yall know.  The most immediate concern is that your investments in these Overlords are protected, and that's what I want to reassure everyone of.  In the next couple of days I should have more information for everyone.

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2009, 11:36:17 PM »
Thank you, I'm glad to hear from you also.
I needed that.
I don't like to be left in the dark.
(No Overlord to light it up you now.)

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline DerFrownmacher

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2009, 06:13:23 PM »
Came back from Northern Wind to see all this, glad to see somethings being done.

It has been literally years since I first signed on to receive an Overlord, and when I saw my name on the 'Ships' list I was overjoyed. The lack of updates between then (late May) and now has been the most alarming aspect for me, as I saw that shipping was delayed 'a week' due to a postal worker and had begun to fear my saber was lost. That said, I have utter confidence in Ultrasabers to deliver a quality product, even if it takes time to make that possible. So I continued to wait.

When I signed on I knew the OverLord was going to be a long term project. I accepted this. While it has taken far longer than I thought (the credit card I used to pay for the original has since expired, I live in a different home, and attend a different college) I continue to have faith in my investment paying off in the end. That is the Ultrasabers way, and from the looks of it that won't change anytime soon.

Thank you for the update Ultra.

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2009, 12:33:24 PM »
This topic will be re-opened.

However, for the sake of all parties involved, as well as for the situation itself, please refrain from posting unless you are directly involved with the issue at hand. Those with no knowledge of the stated situation have no business of commenting on either party.

Lets do our best to keep things civil.

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2009, 06:26:28 PM »
Pm sent.

retrousse