fiduciary

Author Topic: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!  (Read 46143 times)

Offline morrisart85

• Experienced Force User
Re: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2009, 10:30:18 PM »
I did all the graphic work for his website and forums. As payment for my service I was to be sent an Overlord. No overlord. Then he "upgraded" my saber with an Ultrasound V1. Still no saber. I offered to pay for the board when i got the saber. Glad I didn't pay, because I still don't have the saber.

Offline Orakaa

• Master Force User
  • I'll send you in hades... with a taste of paradise
    • Orakaa - photography and computer graphics
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2009, 10:42:03 PM »
Let's hope DT's fine.
My Overlord was supposed to be shipped last Thursday but I guess it didn't go as planned.

I sent him a PM but didn't get an answer so far. Sure I'd like to have my saber (especially since it's ready and just need to be shipped) but this is no way near Machine Defects case.
I'm more concerned about DT's health and hope he's not in a bad condition

Orakaa - photographer, photoshop expert and graphic designer

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
  • Evil is just a point of view
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2009, 10:50:34 PM »
You're right Orakka. It is no where near the Machined Fx situation, Machined FX is actually sending out the sabers. I have spoken to DT recently and he himself has said he is recovered and back at work. There is no excuse as to why our stuff has not shipped.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 10:52:59 PM by Ri-on Ozryel »

“We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.”

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2009, 11:18:35 PM »
Well I bought some stuff from DT when Qui-gon did as well and haven't recieved it. I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon here though. I know we all have investments in what we've talked about here and you all have made some valid points. I'm sure everything will become clear in good time. Not having seen anything of him in the last couple weeks I'm with Orakaa just hoping he's ok.

Offline hullbreach

• Master Force User
  • Too dangerous to be kept alive
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2009, 11:32:08 PM »
These issues well predate his illness, so that's not a valid excuse. On November 11, Derek posted in the forums that my soundless Overlord stunt was "done, ready to ship." But then in December, he posted that the Lux V orders were actually not ready, because of battery holder issues -- a contradiction that I chose to let go at the time -- so I changed my order to a Lux III to accommodate this, which he confirmed. In January, he actually sent me a USPS shipping notice, but nothing ever shipped. In March, when I inquired about it, he told me he was waiting on a shipment of buckpucks. In April, and again in May, I requested that he just send me the empty hilt. He said he would. Nothing ever shipped. Then in this thread he said, yet again, that the Overlord's were about to ship, but, YET AGAIN, they were delayed due to "idiot postal worker." See a pattern here? It's called LYING. I would not wish serious illness on my worst enemy, but none of this has anything to do with that. It's a torrent of lies and excuses.

Offline killphil

• Master Force User
  • ...you know, as in Kill Bill?
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2009, 11:42:46 PM »
I sure hope this doesn't turn into a Jedi sabersmith/Equinox debacle like the one we had 2 or 3 years ago.

All the same signs, lack of updates, false shipping alerts and excuses are here...

I really hope this one straightens out fast, not that I have any personal stock in this, but it bodes ill for the saber community at large when these sabersmiths go MIA with our money in tow...never to be seen again.

It's already happened twice by my count.

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2009, 12:07:03 AM »
Mine should have been shipped already, I'm on the 6th place.
What's going on???

On deck RIGHT NOW:

1. Poker Jedi: Overlord, Imperial Knight, and Two Stunt repairs Will ship Thursday
2. Hullbreach: Stunt DONE, Ships *
3. Ben Trask: 2.1 DONE Will Ship *
4. Orakaa In progress Will ship *
5. Morris@rt85 1.0 Awaiting 1.0 Board arrival from Canada
6. Darth Matth 2.1 Will ship With other international orders. I have to declare it at post office.
7. Qui-Gon Jinn (Ships *)
8. Darth Doodie Preliminary Assembly Started
9. Tori Chef Preliminary Assembly Started

Look, the man is sick, I can understand that this also gives psychological problems like depression.
This can be the cause of seeing a mountain when looking at those sabers.
(I'm pretty sure that is the case, cause you've only to look at DT's amount of posts, and you can see how much he did put into this site. This community is important to him. The man has a problem.)
If that's the case, ULTRA has to step in to helphim out.
I know that DT is the person who got payed for the job, so this is playing also a part for Ultra-Sabers.
Well,... I am willing to pay again for the work to Ultra, if that ensures me of getting my Overlord.
I'm sure a lot of us think that way.

I do think this reflex on Ultra Saber cause the trust in Ultra as a solid company was for me the reason to go along with this Overlord-action back than.

I'm also curious how long DT worked for Ultra before they choose him for this job.
Could he handle this amount of work before.
If Ultra had no experience with DT, than they should not have given him that responsabillity.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:24:42 AM by Darth Matth »

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Jedi Knight Logan

• MASTER OF THE HURRICANE FLURRY
  • Master Force User
  • "Have lightsaber, will travel....."
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2009, 12:21:24 AM »
To whom it may concern,

Illness or not, enough is enough.

Darth Morbius, I wish you a speedy recovery, that being said...

If you are unable to fulfill your responsibilities then YOU NEED TO MAKE OTHER ARRANGEMENTS...

Send out these sabers...

Or send out the refunds.

I write this not as a Overlord buyer but as a Bane OWNER ( I've been paid in full for oh... 2 years now) but no saber.

And I am not alone.

Yes it's just a toy... that's not the point.

This situation is beyond absurd and needs to be rectified immediately.

Do the right thing.

-JK Logan
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 01:31:07 AM by Jedi Knight Logan »

"A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack..."

Offline killphil

• Master Force User
  • ...you know, as in Kill Bill?
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2009, 12:44:40 AM »

I write this not as a Overlord buyer but as a Bane OWNER ( I've been paid in full for oh... 2 years now) but no saber.

Are these the initial Banes that went up years ago? They still haven't been shipped?  :o

What's the holdup on these? I would've assumed those were well over and done with by now...

Offline CybKnight

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2009, 01:09:00 AM »
I understand there is some frustrations, but maybe people should lay down the pitchforks and torches for a while.

Lets wait until Ultra or Jango has managed to talk to the man.
CybKnight - Saber fanatic
---------------------------------------------------------
--=Sabers=--
---------------------------
AwesomeSauce X11000 #17 & 18
VV Starkiller run 2 #17
SC/VV Qui-gon TPM
Orbital Machining Obi TPM #3
Yoda's Graflex V 2010 version
Yoda's Obi Wan TPM Negotiator #2
Yoda's Qui Gon TPM Ambassador #1
JSS Starkiller
Many, many MR sabers.
Multiple MHS parts and hilts for future projects.

• Master Force User
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2009, 01:15:00 AM »

Are these the initial Banes that went up years ago? They still haven't been shipped?  :o

What's the holdup on these? I would've assumed those were well over and done with by now...

Yes I am one of the original Bane buyers, and there is no reasonable explanation for why this saber is not in the hands of their owners.

And I like my pitchfork right were it is. ;D

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
  • Evil is just a point of view
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2009, 01:30:35 AM »
I understand there is some frustrations, but maybe people should lay down the pitchforks and torches for a while.

That is part of the problem right there. Every time someone talks to him, whether it be Jango, myself, or the mods over at ORA, we are all given different excuses which all contradict each other. You may be willing to put down your pitchfork but I am tired of empty promises and excuses. The fact that he has all these Overlords that are supposed to be done, people's soundboards, and countless Ultra sabers that have yet to be repaired and is not contacting any of the owners or returning emails or PM's, especially to those who have lent him money to help out is highly suspicious in my eyes.

“We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.”

• Master Force User
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2009, 01:35:38 AM »

That is part of the problem right there. Every time someone talks to him, whether it be Jango, myself, or the mods over at ORA, we are all given different excuses which all contradict each other. You may be willing to put down your pitchfork but I am tired of empty promises and excuses. The fact that he has all these Overlords that are supposed to be done, people's soundboards, and countless Ultra sabers that have yet to be repaired and is not contacting any of the owners or returning emails or PM's, especially to those who have lent him money to help out is highly suspicious in my eyes.

Agreed...

I would also add respectfully that the only people who have business commenting on this matter are those who are waiting on something from the person in question.

Offline CybKnight

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2009, 01:47:04 AM »

Agreed...

I would also add respectfully that the only people who have business commenting on this matter are those who are waiting on something from the person in question.

FYI, I have payed for a Overlord, and I am waiting for it to be delivered as the rest of you...
CybKnight - Saber fanatic
---------------------------------------------------------
--=Sabers=--
---------------------------
AwesomeSauce X11000 #17 & 18
VV Starkiller run 2 #17
SC/VV Qui-gon TPM
Orbital Machining Obi TPM #3
Yoda's Graflex V 2010 version
Yoda's Obi Wan TPM Negotiator #2
Yoda's Qui Gon TPM Ambassador #1
JSS Starkiller
Many, many MR sabers.
Multiple MHS parts and hilts for future projects.

• Master Force User
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2009, 02:12:46 AM »

Agreed...

FYI, I have payed for a Overlord, and I am waiting for it to be delivered as the rest of you...

Then my previous statement is not for you Cyberknight. It's meant for individuals who seem to be making excuses for a situation that is inexcusable. I do not know how long you have been waiting for your Overlord. If it is as long as I have been waiting for my Bane, then you are a more patient man than I ... and I am a VERY patient man.

If you are content to continue to wait for your saber that is your choice. I myself ...as stated, have waited more than two years and that is quite long enough. There are others... like Ri-on... who share my opinion on this matter.

retrousse