fiduciary

Author Topic: Orange County, California - Checking in!  (Read 10191 times)

Offline Wilson McDermot

• Experienced Force User
    • This And That
Re: Orange County, California - Checking in!
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 09:50:00 PM »
Dear Jedi Loreen,

Thank you for your information.  I'll take your advice and contact the Inland Empire Fan Force.

Thanks again!

Wilson McDermot

Offline Jedi Loreen

• Force User
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 10:06:37 PM »
You're welcome.

But you really don't need to address your replies like a formally written letter.  We're pretty informal around here.
  ;)
In order to see the Light
You must sometimes risk the Dark

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 10:10:45 PM »
Sounds interesting. I'm actually in OC myself. I'll have to look into this.
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ANH with Removable Blade
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS with Removable Blade
Darth Maul TPM with Removable Blade
Kit Fisto AOTC with Removable Blade
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline Jedi Loreen

• Force User
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 11:09:09 PM »
Are you? We're not doing Sunday classes anymore, but we still do our Wed. night classes.

We meet at Twila Reid Park in Anaheim. It's on Orange Ave. between Beach Blvd and Western Ave.

We meet on the old basketball courts that is the red painted concrete area near the center of the above aerial photo.

If you decide to come out some night and check out our class, let me know.
  :)

Offline cerosik

• No Force
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2010, 08:13:12 PM »
i'm in south orange county myself, i'll have to grab a few of the guys and come check you out... we usually meet wed nights at chapman university from about 9-12 or so... we also play capture the flag on occasion in aldrich park at UCI... tbh i wanna start dueling new people, our group is getting kinda... stale...

edit: just realized that was my first post... been lurking here for some time now... um... hi guys o/

Offline Jedi Loreen

• Force User
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2010, 11:18:40 PM »
You're certainly welcome to come check us out.

We do have specific rules that everyone involved in the class must follow. You can read them here:
http://www.ocsws.com/images/ocsarules.pdf

We also require anyone who joins our class to sign a liability waiver. Because we are part of the Fan Force, an LFL sanctioned organization, we have to cover our butts, as well as LFL's, because we are associated with them.

We aren't a bunch of people that just flail around with lightsabers, trying to hit each other anywhere, we are an organized class and we have a lot of team games that we play to keep things fun and interesting.

We encourage people to bring their own sabers, but every weapon must be inspected and approved as safe before it is allowed to be used. The first 2 games we always do are only done with Kendo shinai. We have a limited number of shinai and gloves to loan out in class.

Some people may think we have too many rules, but our number one concern is safety, and fun is number two.

If, after all this  ;), you're still interested in coming out to check us out, then please do.

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 02:44:32 AM »
Lori... I just saw this about Zhi-Don.  :(  I'm sorry to hear that... if you see him, please extend my condolences to him?

I think he was one of the first people I "posted back and forth with" (I think)... back in the day when I was just getting ready to put together BOP I...
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline Darth Kuya

• No Force
  • Join Light Saber Team!
    • Light Saber Team
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 03:50:05 PM »
You're certainly welcome to come check us out.

We do have specific rules that everyone involved in the class must follow. You can read them here:

We also require anyone who joins our class to sign a liability waiver. Because we are part of the Fan Force, an LFL sanctioned organization, we have to cover our butts, as well as LFL's, because we are associated with them.

We aren't a bunch of people that just flail around with lightsabers, trying to hit each other anywhere, we are an organized class and we have a lot of team games that we play to keep things fun and interesting.

We encourage people to bring their own sabers, but every weapon must be inspected and approved as safe before it is allowed to be used. The first 2 games we always do are only done with Kendo shinai. We have a limited number of shinai and gloves to loan out in class.

Some people may think we have too many rules, but our number one concern is safety, and fun is number two.

If, after all this  ;), you're still interested in coming out to check us out, then please do.

Since this was posted over a year ago, is your group is still active and meeting regularly? If so, I searched all over the OCSWS website but couldn't find contact information so I could ask questions directly instead of posting them here...

retrousse