fiduciary

Author Topic: Want to buy custom saber  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Hiryushiro

• No Force
  • Hi everyone :)
Want to buy custom saber
« on: July 16, 2018, 08:51:10 AM »
Hi,
I'm new to this website and i would like to know if anyone could craft me a custom high end lightsaber both combat ready and for display.
I want it to be single bladed, one that would be inspired of galen marek's 1st saber with visible crystal chamber. 
For the colors i'd want it to be black, silver and copper (with a chromed look), a red kyber crysral.
I'd need some advice on how to choose the electronics and sound i want to put inside of the saber as i don't know much about crafting sabers.
I'd have a maximum of 2300$ to spend on this

Could anyone help me please?

Offline Brad1981

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Want to buy custom saber
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 12:08:27 PM »
Hello.

I'd start off by searching in the mining colony or the saber guild and perusing the work of the many talented craftsmen on this site.  Really go through their work, and start reaching out to them.  Lastly, and I can't overemphasize this, you get what you pay for.  My first go around, a few years ago, didn't go so well as I used someone that wasn't a mining colony/saber guild member (not from this site, actually).  What seemed like an excellent value quickly turned into an expensive mistake. 

The second attempt went well as I used a certified installer from another site and Exar Kun (Space Windu) for my current build from this site.  And bless Exar Kun because I've had so many questions and ideas that I've bounced off of him that I felt somewhat bad for the sheer amount of emails I've kicked out of him.  As a customer, you want to feel comfortable that your hard earned money is being applied accordingly.

I know that doesn't answer your question completely, but finding the right sabersmith that can create what is in your mind's eye is a process, but a fun process.  This site really assists in that process by having the saber guild and the mining colony established. And one final thought: pay attention to the communication you receive from the various sabersmiths and use your judgment.  I knew after one email from Exar Kun that I'd have a good customer/sabersmith relationship just based off of the level of detail in his correspondence. And take your time...don't rush. 

Hope this helps.

Oh...one more thing.  Really learn how to use this site to your advantage.  You don't have to actively participate (I generally do not), but there's a wealth of knowledge about everything from the latest in technology to lessons learned from some of the finest installers in this community.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 12:13:43 PM by Brad1981 »

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 04:10:45 PM »
Your best bet would be to speak with one of the Mining Colony  or Saber Guild members, they are the only ones authorized to accept commissions on this site.

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline Yaraell_Ren

• Force User
  • Listen Yaddle, I'm gonna need to borrow your car!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 06:56:49 PM »
If you're looking for a Starkiller hilt, I recommend you to check out Vader's Vault (saber guild member here). Highly customizable, super detailed, and reliable Starkiller - Vader's Vault

Offline Hiryushiro

• No Force
  • Hi everyone :)
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 08:02:57 PM »
If you're looking for a Starkiller hilt, I recommend you to check out Vader's Vault (saber guild member here). Highly customizable, super detailed, and reliable newbielink:http://store.vadersvault.com/starkiller/ [nonactive]
Hi,
Thank you for your answers, Vader's vault starkiller's saber looks good but 2600$ is a bit too much for me.
I'll see what i can get for less than 2300$.

Offline Yaraell_Ren

• Force User
  • Listen Yaddle, I'm gonna need to borrow your car!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 08:08:18 PM »
Also, check out Phoenix Props' new Starkiller run of hilts. These are supposed to be super accurate versions. https://www.facebook.com/phoenix.props15/

Offline cvsickle

• Force User
  • Avid Saber Enthusiast and Build Attempter
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 06:28:10 AM »
If you're looking for a Starkiller hilt, I recommend you to check out Vader's Vault (saber guild member here). Highly customizable, super detailed, and reliable Starkiller - Vader's Vault
Hi,
Thank you for your answers, Vader's vault starkiller's saber looks good but 2600$ is a bit too much for me.
I'll see what i can get for less than 2300$.

If the difference between the saber you want and what you have available to spend is only $300, I'd wait until you get the extra money. You won't regret a VV saber. And if you do go with the VV starkiller, please don't settle yourself short, and get the Crystal Focus sound board. Best lightsaber sound and motion detection on the market.

retrousse