fiduciary

Author Topic: Novastar and Caine's Saber Combat System "NCSCS" (1st COMPLETE System!)  (Read 61887 times)

Offline Bazzard

• No Force
Re: Novastar and Caine's Staged Combat System (1st Complete System!)
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2010, 05:32:36 PM »
I would be all about getting this set when it's ready.  As an intermediate when it comes to fight choreography and a barely-trained neophyte in actual swordplay arts, I sadly don't have much to offer in terms of offering my own contributions to the saber-dueling community, but I've been following Caine's stuff for a while, and would love to learn the complete system that you guys are developing.

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2010, 11:18:18 PM »
Great teaser! Can't wait! And it's a shame those CFs are too darn loud...couldn't hear what you guys were saying! :D
@Jasher... I was *just* talking to my wife about that.  Seriously... sometimes--I think the Flange IIIs actually HAVE pole-vaulted over the line... and are ~too~ loud...

@Bazzard...

You know what?  If all goes the way I'm hoping... eventually:

* People will utilize the system to express their OWN choreography...
* People will share said choreography and be able to post at our new site (sabercombat.com)
* I would like to get people to use the system to express choreography from Nick Gillard's work (Star Wars)... and any other fights in movies they've seen... just as practice and to TEST to see if the system can help express 85% to 90% of any given fight scene!!

The last one is tough to explain, but... all will be revealed in good time.

As it is... I'll probably open a new thread concerning a "behind-the-scenes" project I'd like to place on the community.  These people would get a "sneak peek" at the system... major credits on the DVD... and probably a free DVD set!!  HOWEVER... it *WOULD* require study and work.  More on that later though... :)
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline Romulus

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010, 11:22:02 PM »

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2010, 11:27:46 PM »
And YouTube video challenges using the system to create the ultimate choreographed fight scenes. The possibilities are endless.

Offline Skipernicus

• No Force
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2010, 11:01:14 AM »
I'd be interested. it seems that the item most missing from a good lightsaber prop is a convincing user.

Offline Spence

• No Force
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2010, 01:43:53 PM »
I am unbelievably excited about this! I studied stage combat for over 2 years in college, so to have this information on top of that will be amazing. Thanks for putting this together guys!

Offline gchu149

• Master Force User
  • Now we are cosmic friends forever, ok?
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2010, 03:07:37 PM »
I'd be interested. it seems that the item most missing from a good lightsaber prop is a convincing user.

Lol. Oh come on lets play nice guys.
de CF
Click the link to view my collection at the very bottom of the page:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=20080.msg330140#msg330140

Offline jc1350

• No Force
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2010, 07:19:49 PM »
I've been lurking here for about a week and this is my first post.  So...hello all.

I am very interested in this/these DVD(s).  I can't wait to see the release announcement.  I watched a few of the Novastar birthday party videos and think that's a neat idea.  If you were in Maryland, I would definitely book you for my birthda...uh...I mean, my sons' birthday parties.  :)

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2010, 02:40:42 PM »
hahha, thanks JC1350 that is sweet of you, lol!

And Spence... glad to hear you did 2 years of staged combat in college!  I remember those days, it's definitely a lot of work to "get it right" (to be convincing for an audience).  I certainly know you'll find some good stuff on the DVDs in relation to things such as "camera"/viewer angles and so forth...

But... back to work for me!
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2010, 12:59:05 AM »
Yaaargh, it's been like 6 months since we announced stuff on May the 4th (heheh)... but lemme tell you guys... we're still working on things!

We have enough footage to get DVD #1 going into the editing process (or at least 90% of it)... but it's been a problem for us to get together and get the work in.  We both have our own businesses, and... it's tough these days to do things in "spare time".

(SPARE TIME?!?!?  WHAT THE HECK IS ~THAT~?!?!?)

Anyhow... bear with us.  It is most ugly when one is juggling 1,138 projects at a time... ;)  As you all know... ALL TOO WELL!

Hope everyone's summer months were stylin' and stellar...

--Nova

Click here.

Offline Darth Midian

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2010, 11:05:20 AM »
I'm really looking forward to the release your dvd.  I can't wait to order it.  When you get closer to the release date are going to have pre-orders?

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2010, 11:26:03 AM »
I'm really looking forward to the release your dvd.  I can't wait to order it.  When you get closer to the release date are going to have pre-orders?

Most likely not. We are going to wait until we are totally done with it before posting a sale thread.

Because of my business (getting SUPER busy this time of year) lack of time to film has been an issue. We are getting together and doing some more work next week, and it will be touch and go from there. Real careers take precedence, ya know.  ;)

Offline Darth Midian

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2010, 11:34:43 AM »
Caine, I completely understand.  Thanks

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2010, 10:06:14 PM »
Yah, I'm going to second the notion of not doing pre-orders.  Much as we'd like to do so.  I mean, I do NOT want to "someday become" the guy who promises something to the LED saber community and then magically renege on said promise.  We've all already seen too much of that, and... I ain't "goin' there", even if it would be deemed "by accident" if that all went down.

What Caine and I *CAN* promise is... yup... it's comin'.  Comin'... when it's READY.  :)

<--- we ain't sac'in quality for cashola.   ;D

Click here.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2010, 10:24:26 PM »
We'll be waiting patiently...and we know y'all won't take as long as Duke4 eh?  ;)
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

retrousse