fiduciary

Author Topic: Acerocket appreciation thread  (Read 4718 times)

Offline Foe Hammer

• Force User
Acerocket appreciation thread
« on: April 11, 2016, 08:39:36 AM »
Hi Ace,

I haven't been active on this board for very long but I am no stranger to the amount and quality of the work you do for this community.  I am shocked to hear that you have received such negative messages from people in this community regarding your various runs.  I am on Chewie's Obi ROTS run as well as your Obi-Wan TPM run.  Words can not express how excited I am just to be on these runs knowing that you are the machinist behind them.  I just want to say thank you for working countless hours while dealing with such health issues to do your part to bring us these wonderful world class lightsabers.  You deserve far better than being treated in such a negative manner and I hope you don't take the comments of those negative people as a reflection on all of us.  YOU ARE APPRECIATED!!!  THANK YOU!!!  :smiley:

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
Re: Acerocket appreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 08:57:29 AM »
Acerocket is the man!

Always has been!

Always will be!!

Get better dude! Not good to hear you are in pain, but like you said, it is what it is. I hope you can inject some stem cells into your back or some other medical miracle to heal your back.

It's so awesome you work with Tim and we are all very lucky... all our saber parts come from the same beginnings. We are very lucky indeed.

Offline DarthRaevus

• Master Force User
  • Friendly neighborhood machinist...
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 11:22:55 AM »
Indeed, Acerocket/Wat Tambor as he has been on this forum - has, IMO been one of the cornerstones of this hobby becoming what it is today.  And sadly we maybe didn't even realize that until recently.  So Ace, with Tim and TCSS is one of the main reasons this hobby has been able to be so successful and meaningful for so many fans, hobbyists, dreamers, you name it. 

Of course there are others and I'm not discounting them in any way.  It is a community after all.  However, for one individual to literally be responsible for everything from affordable DIY MHS parts to offering high-end, detailed replica saber runs is awesome.  As a professional machinist, I can appreciate the time and effort (and time spent standing in one spot) that goes into completing all these things.

And for those of you who have been in this hobby for about five minutes, and are lobbing demands at Ace - there have been MANY successful runs of sabers over the years (never mind the success of TCSS).  Some took longer than others, some were downright magical in their turnaround time.  This is not China, there is not a warehouse full of people working 27 hours a day to make all these parts.

So I for one salute Acerocket and all that he has given to this hobby.  Feel better and MTFBWY!

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 11:28:12 AM »
Get well soon brother
This place simply would not have been the same without you

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline ShadyCanuck

• Experienced Force User
  • Member of River City Jedi
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 11:58:46 AM »
Take the time you need Ace.  The long time saber fans and forum members will just have to practice patience.

Yoda: [Looking away from Luke] I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.
Obi-Wan: [voice-over] He will learn patience.
Yoda: Much anger in him... like his father.
Obi-Wan: [voice] Was I any different when you taught me?
Do or do not. There is no try.

Offline Sohryu76

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 01:27:56 PM »
I'll echo the same sentiments.
Your machining is top notch on all of your runs.

We understand that life gets in the way, and sometimes things are beyond our control.

I'd be willing to put my money where my mouth is and get in on one of your runs that is on hold currently, but you have no room!

I have lost money to someone else before, but I know that my money would be safe with you as I wait for a high quality product!
Proud Owner of:

Offline NanoRex

• No Force
  • "But now, we must eat! Come!"
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 01:42:20 PM »
I can definitely say that I know what it's like to get flak for not being able to deliver on time due to health issues. We can definitely appreciate all the hard work you put in for this community, and I hope to participate in one of your runs someday!

Wishing the best for you Ace. MTFBWY!

Offline Mandalorian

• No Force
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 03:32:21 PM »
Really sorry to hear about the continuing serious health issues.  Sounds like a true nightmare.  Like others here I hope you get better soon Ace.  I don't know how likely it is that these problems will completely go away, but if that doesn't happen at the very least I hope the pain can be reduced significantly and you can go back to enjoying life.  Having participated in one run in the past, the machining work was great and the handling of my order was perfect.  Couldn't be happier.  And I'm sure it'll be the same when these other runs are finished.  I can't wait to get my hands on more of your work.  But above all, I really wish you the best in your recovery.  That's more important to me than getting my lightsabers sooner.

MTFBWY

Offline Corbin_Das

• Force User
  • Keeper of the Killer Penny
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 06:15:32 PM »
 Ace has definitely become a cornerstone of the lightsaber community. I remember back when we first met. We had been in contact via emails and phone for a year or two, conspiring on the Penny. When I flew out to L.A. for Celebration 4, he picked me up at the airport and we went out to eat. Great guy.

Hang in there Erik! It sucks right now, but things will get better. Having dealt with SOME similar issues (herniated disks, medication issues and arthritis), I can relate a little. If you ever want to have a sympathetic ear, to vent or whatever, please feel free to email me or send a PM.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 06:39:12 PM by Corbin_Das »

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 09:36:47 AM »
I am sorry to hear about the tremendous health obstacles you have dealt with! It took a lot of courage to open up and share that with everyone! I hope you feel better Asap Ace!

Offline Wolfgeorge

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 02:29:45 PM »
I just read CHEWBACCA's post..
Man health come first! Treat yourself, take your time. I hope you'll get better soon.
I'm just glad I'm in line to get one of your builds, I'm sure any serious guy here feels the same.

Wolf

Offline Wildcard

• Master Force User
  • This is an ex-parrot.
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 04:48:20 PM »
As others have stated - health always comes first!

Take care of yourself, and don't push things to the point of inducing further permanent implications. I, personally, am perfectly happy waiting for runs to complete in time frames that allow for health and sanity to take precedence. :)

/salute

retrousse