fiduciary

Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer/Reveal!  (Read 13476 times)

Offline Dimes

• Experienced Force User
  • Formerly known as JMurphy
Star Wars Battlefront Trailer/Reveal!
« on: April 17, 2015, 11:22:56 AM »
Star Wars Battlefront Reveal Trailer - YouTube

So there it is, what do people think?

I'm pretty much discovering how the gamer scrabble can bum me out, lol. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with it so far, I think people are expecting way too much so early. In short I think early signs are promising :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 06:51:45 PM by Dimes »
Of Course I know him, he's me!

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer/Reveal!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 11:44:14 AM »
Looks incredible if that's Ingame, is it a 3rd person shooter?

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 01:29:28 PM »
Probably intro sections to different levels, but looks awsome.  Hope game play is as good as the game looks.
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline Rusty

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 01:36:41 PM »
Looks incredible if that's Ingame, is it a 3rd person shooter?

It's gonna be both 1st and 3rd. You can switch from either.

Brass Starkiller PC-L By Iggy

Offline 97th Acolyte

• Master Force User
  • [insert witty comment here]
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 02:49:54 PM »
It was in engine but not gameplay footage, but the people who have seen behind closed doors gameplay have said it does look a lot like that. So I'm very excited. :D

Kinda sucks there'll be no Space battles (<-- not sure if that's true) or Campaign/single player, but there you go. There's a couple of co-op missions...

I hope they release a special edition, maybe with a statue or something, like SWTOR.
Proud owner of:       JSK1 - Jaina Solo Kotobukiya lightsaber - created by Bombarta
Harp's Starkiller/Kylo Ren fusion - Prizm                      
Deadpool's Deathstick - CS2.5 Reveal, JQsabers               
JK-Sabers Battle damaged/Reveal Maul - Empty             
US Raven
Korbanth:
 Darth Maul - Empty
 Duke - NBv2, JQSabers
 Qui Gon - NBv2, MasterSabers

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 03:28:01 PM »
no campain or single player? that does suck, excitement just dropped

OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline Dimes

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 05:12:00 PM »
Yeah no single player does suck, but to me it makes sense as shooters are notorious for 'add on' single player that is very mediocre at best. Just amazes me how many people are spitting the dummy despite that (Like I mean where people are already boycotting the game because of it). So for me it's whether they bring in one of the best elements of single player, galactic conquest in multiplayer form. To me the possible loss of that is what most of the excitement drops with? Because that I totally get.

On space battles yes it has been confirmed no space battles (even though that came from an IGN interview), but they did go on to talk about DLC, and if the 'in atmosphere' element is strong enough; paired with the star destroyer at the start of the reveal, I think a dlc space element will be on the cards.

But in the end I was one of those people that would be happy with a battlefield reskin, because star wars. Still quietly confident that it will be better than that though.

And if you guys do notice any awesome preorder editions, please let me know! haha

EDIT: Heres a fairly solid article outlining what is known so far-
Star Wars Battlefront preview: it looks beautiful, but will it be fun? - PC
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 06:50:53 PM by Dimes »

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 02:09:16 AM »
as long as it plays as well or better than battlefield i'l be getting it.  would of liked single player mode though just for the story line.
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 03:22:44 AM »
I for one ONLY play single-player games...I don't have any friends and don't want to play with strangers so I don't like multiplayer shooters AT ALL so if there is no campaign I just won't buy it....too bad it looks good so if it had one I almost certainly WOULD have bought it. I do 'get' that too many games lately have a weaksauce 'tacked-on' single player campaign but the solution to that is for the devs to TRY HARDER and build a GOOD one [it CAN be done; Halo, KOTOR, Mass Effect] not to eliminate it, and with it players [potential customers] like me who don't want to play with other people. But I guess the devs just don't care about people like me.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 03:31:29 AM »
Onli-Won Kanomi i agree im the same i rarely play online and usually avoid online play i dont have ps plus or xbox live because i just dont bother with online play, titanfall was the same great game but was online mainly so i missed out,
going by that info i will likely not be buying this, gutted

OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline Dimes

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 03:41:29 AM »
Onli-Won (and to a lesser extent Scorp),

Building a better single player you'd think would be an obvious solution, problem is I think the energy us humans can put into something is finite, therefore I think that for a developer like dice to make a better single player they would need to sacrifice some of the multiplayer (and being a multiplayer focused studio I doubt they'd wanna do that). Of course you might be able to increase their 'energy' by giving them more resources (money and staff, etc), but trying to do that brings in even more problems, probably beyond the scope of what we understand due to not being in the industry.

It sucks that people like you are being left behind, maybe EA is just an shitey company and putting in a good singleplayer is possible, but until we know why that isn't happening it's hard to say boo (they could have legit reasons), e.g not wanting to step on the toes of the upcoming movie, but that's just a random guess on my part.

Fingers crossed they add something in later that would help you out, just because they don't have anything single player at launch doesn't mean they won't add anything at a later time.

Lastly what may give you some hope is that there will be some single player elements (with bots), we just don't know the extent of that, all we can say is that there will be no 'campaign'.

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 12:34:38 PM »
I believe its been confirmed to have both online and offline play, meaning that there must be some sort of single player. I'm guessing it will have a "campaign" similar to the original Battlefront games. If that style campaign isn't cutting it for people then they should probably stay away. I think a lot of people want this or expect this to have a good single player but unfortunately I would not bank on it. Battlefront has always been about large-scale conflicts, and the natural evolution with DICE leading development is to blend Star Wars and Battlefield, which is multiplayer centric. All the Battlefield games have campaigns but they are certainly not the focal point of the game and that (unfortunately) is probably not going to change here. Personally I think that is a bone-headed decision because of the vast, infinite universe they have and the great stories they can bring to life within SW, but I am pretty sure that is not what they are going to do. As someone said before, they can only focus so much time and effort and energy into the development process, and the money is in multiplayer so that is where the majority of the resources will go.

Personally, I could not be more excited for it. Battlefield Bad Company 2 is my favorite shooter of all time, contested closely by Halo 3 and Modern Warfare 2. I just hope DICE and EA handle this better than Battlefield 4. I am more than certain that we will see a new campaign based star wars game within the next 5 years, especially with the movies coming out. There is too much money in the pot with Star Wars, someone will certainly step up to claim it sooner or later.

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 01:54:39 PM »
I read somewhere that there will be no single player campaign, no AI OR Bots, and no offline mode.

This is disappointing to say the least.

I can't find that link at the moment.

Offline Dimes

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 03:17:24 PM »
I read somewhere that there will be no single player campaign, no AI OR Bots, and no offline mode.

Definitely read in a QnA on twitter with one of the guys working on it that there will be an offline mode with bots :)

Actually heres a pic of some of that as on twitter:

Only thing is that could be like 2 missions or it could be like 20… lol, also don't know how scripted those things will be :/

Offline jedicri

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 04:14:15 PM »

Definitely read in a QnA on twitter with one of the guys working on it that there will be an offline mode with bots :)

Actually heres a pic of some of that as on twitter:

Only thing is that could be like 2 missions or it could be like 20… lol, also don't know how scripted those things will be :/

Well then, this may be a buy for me after all!

Thanks for that link!

retrousse