fiduciary

Author Topic: Trying to mod Battlefront 1 & 2… can you help?  (Read 1604 times)

Offline thebigdb

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
Trying to mod Battlefront 1 & 2… can you help?
« on: April 06, 2015, 07:53:25 AM »
Hey guys…

I just thought that I would ask this since I haven’t had any luck with it. But I wanted to leave a post seeing if anybody could help out.

Roughly for 2 weeks now, I have been looking online for tutorials or any kind of explanation of how you decompile the resource data for Battlefront 1 & 2. I can’t find anything to solve my problem.

I own both games for the PC. A hard copy, & not a Steam download. What I would like to do, is that I would like to play around with the meshes, textures, & sound files if I can get to them. A lot of the textures that they used in Battlefront they just recycled & reused in the SWTFU games. So people might know that already… but I have been out of the loop for a little bit… & was laughing when I was poking around looking at what I do have.

I should have all the software that I need to do any of the editing that I want… it’s just with game editing… you can miss 1 step… & that just screws everything up! I am not new to game modding, but I just haven’t found the right tutorial explaining what I am doing wrong. I would rather do it myself, but I am not getting the help that I need. Hence why I am asking. This is something that I am doing on the side for the fun of it. I’ve been working on making a bunch of custom sabers… & have been playing with making new meshes on my off time to kill some time, keep myself interested, & just to keep my skills sharp. I am just wondering if there is anybody out there that knows what I am doing wrong, & can point me to the right direction.

Thanks guys!

retrousse