fiduciary

Author Topic: Lawgivers ! (pics intensive)  (Read 9942 times)

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
Re: Lawgivers ! (pics intensive)
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2012, 05:04:21 AM »
Problem here in the Netherlands is that the law forbids us to have a toy gun that looks real.
Black is extremely bad.
Punishment will be the same as having a read gun.
It will cost you a lot of money.

(Buy a real gun and paint it yellow, and you're good I think) ;)
Erv's gun will already be a problem to take outside.

In Austria we can buy airguns like M16's and all.
They look perfect and work the same.
You have to drive there to pick it up, cause shipment won't work.

I really like to have a gun like Erv's, although I know I can never go outside with it.

Erv,... since you only use this gun 2 times a year,... can I play with it in between?  :D
Next week I'm going to France again so,...

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2012, 05:12:08 AM »
drive to FACTS (gent) next saturday and I'll let you play with them :-)

Offline Veldryne_Drakx

• Experienced Force User
    • River City Jedi (site still under construction)
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2012, 06:22:40 AM »
I do have other options for plinking outside, indeed  ;D

The kick is nice and "realistic" with quotes (it moves, it shakes a bit), that's the goal, but it's just a prop replica, nothing I take outside or to play games.
thanks for the tip about the silicone. The alternative is to fill the mag with silicone added gas once for a while. I'm not worried about oiling, the prop will be used like twice a year and I don't think it's going to fire BBs too often.

YT corp and KSC has some full metal model guns but they are very rare. Finding those second hand in europe is extremely difficult. There was a fantastic stock in the UK and I was originally that close to get a full auto M9 but... shop closed and never re opened. Sourcing caps and shells is difficult too. I regret I can't purchase anymore one time use / disposable cartridges. I believe that's what they use in movies, no way someone fills by hand dozen of mags lol.

Try www.ehobbyasia.com I'm not sure what your import laws are in fancy. Very recently we started being able to get stuff from then in Canada.

As for the "realistic" kick. I don't find it too realistic in the deagle, but that gun is a hand cannon.

However from experience I can tell you that a Marui g17 is pretty much bang on to the real thing.

Most players honestly don't use the shell ejecting models, too much of a pain to hunt down shells after a game.

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2012, 01:40:10 PM »
drive to FACTS (gent) next saturday and I'll let you play with them :-)
Always a big hit the FACTS.
You really have something to show off this year.

Offline Arkos

• No Force
  • saber builder since 1998
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 05:29:28 AM »
Thanks for all the pics with so much coments, it's so much interesting to see the search/creation process!

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2012, 05:26:35 AM »
LGs were a bit hit (pun intended) at FACTS.

Before going to the con. we started talking about the couple of SW actors being there. I said mmmmm.... I think I got Paul Blake (greedo).
"What do you mean you got him ?"
"I shot first" I said  :D

The RL offered them gifts, I handed the gun to Paul Blake telling him that we ALL know he shot first (laughed !). I told him it "really shoots" and at some point he either would not believe me or could help himself from pulling the trigger (who can resist anyway) and he got a little  :o when the thing start to blowback  :D
Very nice people, great moments, great memories !

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 07:21:20 AM »
Wow, so the FACTS was a great succes again this year.
I really wanted to be there to my friend.

My vacation in France (Paris and Disney) was very good, but because of this, I missed out on the FACTS
Yes the Mont Martre and La Defense was great too.
We took the Tour Eiffel, again, and it keeps being awesome to see Paris from above, going from daylight to nightfall.
A few weeks ago I was there also with my wife, and just like many France people, we took a picknick on the grass in front of the Eiffel Tower.
Oh and that Historical Museum is beautyfull, but the dinosaurs are still death. ;D

La Defense is the place I always need to go back, since I was there with the opening of Le Grand Arche in 1989 when Jean Michell Jarre gave his incredible concert/show with Lasers and fireworks on the Mirror buildings in line with the music.
2.8 Milion people were there watching, from the l'Arc De Triomphe to Le Grand Arche, AND I WAS THERE.
You would not believe, but all people went down to sit during that concert. Be-au-ti-full.

So, yeah, I missed out on the FACTS.
Next year I'll be there.
My friends did go.
I promissed my yongest sun that we are going next year, so I have to.
I told him about the R2D2's that were there last year.
At frist he was angry that we did not go this time, till we got to Disney of course. ;)

retrousse