fiduciary

Author Topic: Now that I have seen and used all the Fx sabers I have to say the best saber is.  (Read 12405 times)

Offline The Abbot

• Master of the Jar'Kai Style
  • Master Force User
  • Lajedi.com ,Force-Fx.com Founder
    • http://www.Force-Fx.com
Ok I just got my Vader ESB..I'm loving it.
Now I have used all the force fx except the anakin aotc(it would be last anyways)

I have to say they the Anakin ROTS is the BEST fx saber..
It is the brightest, (a little more then Luke ESB) the LOUDEST,this saber screams compaired to all the other ones even the Vader ESB.
The motion detection for the clash sounds seem to be the most sensitive of all the  2nd and 3rd gen fx.
The blade also seems fatter then the other fx sabers when lit,due to how bright it is.

2nd best saber would have to be the Vader ESB,it has its own sound and its nice,but next to a Anakin ROTS it gets out shined in brightness....But it feels,sounds,and looks great!!
Another great feature is the power on and off switch,it never gets accidentally turned off mid twirl like with my other fx.   
Its no doubt my 2nd fav force fx...

3rd Would have to be the Luke ESB its just as bright as the Anakin ROTS just a little different..but in comparisen to the Anakins sounds it can`t compair,landing it in the #3 spot,beating the Windu by a hair..

Forth place would have to be the Windu AOTC,just for its hilt alone it could have easily tagged 3rd..but the blade could be more purple.It has a nice sound to it,its just not loud enough for me..and its heavy as xxx.You get the Windu more to admire its beauty hung on your wall,then to duel with.
Though I said the blade is not as purple as I had hoped(its almost silvery purple),it is still a VERY beautiful color...I REALLY like that saber,but not as much as 1-3

All 4 models mentioned are quality lightsabers and I recommend getting um all regardless of witch is best,they are ALL worth having.
They are have different personality's or lightsaberality's if you will, and they are are great!
I can`t wait for Luke Rots and Obi.

*note* This is not a review it is a opinion I have formed after trying all the fx models.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 01:10:47 AM by illbeats »
LaserBlade:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/laserblade/id608879483?mt=8

The poster formerly known as Kit Fisto. Creator of the Force-FX sig style. Master of the 2 saber staff style way before Pong Krell

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
I have all four of those, and I'd have to agree with your order and assessments.  The only reason that I could see some question of gen II over gen III is the weight and metal feel of the hilts.  But when it comes to the look of the blade and the sound, no contest.  Just I'd thought weigh in.

(maybe I'll make a proper review one of these days...)

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
Yes I to concur...

The 3rd Gen sabers are the ones to get.
Both the Anakin ROTS and Vader ESB are more robust
in blade mounting and sound quality.

However My third would be the mace simply for It's
difference in looks and the blade seems relatively well
attached. Yet due to it's lack of attachments is more
comfortable to hold.

The Luke ESB and Vader ANH are behind the Mace in my
opinion because they are the predecessor to the new 3rd Gen
so If you get one of these it's more for the collectability
factor than actually using is.

The First Gen? only if you really want them for collecting...
Or modification?

always
MERIDIAN

Offline Jedi_Miyagi

• No Force
I'm split between my two ... Vader ESB and Anakin ROTS...  The Anakin sounds are way better, but the Vader just feels better...I really cant pick...

Offline The Abbot

• Master Force User
^indeed,the Vader is very nice,if the hum where louder and the blade looked at fat as the Anakin Rots when lit it would be #1

LaserBlade:

The poster formerly known as Kit Fisto. Creator of the Force-FX sig style. Master of the 2 saber staff style way before Pong Krell

Adrena1in

Do I just have a particularly bright Luke ESB, or were all three of my Anakin ROTS dim, because the Luke out-shone them all.  Here's my list of favourites:

1)  Luke ESB - brightest blade of the lot, nicer looking hilt than the Anakin ROTS.  The sounds are quieter than the Ani, and the poweroff sound doesn't match the blade retraction very well. On/off switch in a good location.

2)  Vader  ESB - I just love the deep, gutteral idle-hum, as though it really is oozing the Dark side of the Force.  Slightly off on the motion detectors, and only one clash sound.

3)  Anakin ROTS - Very loud, crisp sounds, but I think TOO loud.  The dark spot on the blade is a shame.

4)  Vader ANH - Not much different to the ESB Vader, apart from the largeer hilt.  On/off switch in a good spot and very difficult to accidentally switch off when spinning, which is a good thing.  idle-hum stops when you hit the power-off, which is a shame.

5)  Luke ROTJ - My favourite hilt, despite people complaining that the next is too fat.  They just want it exactly like the film prop...that sort of thing doesn't bother me.  Sounds are a bit dull, EL blade isn't great, motion detectors not up to much.  The LED version will almost definitely be the best.

Receiving a Mace Windu in a few days.  The only other I've not seen is an Anakin AOTC.

Offline Mr.Griffin

• Master Force User
  • mmmmm... Star Wars
    • Family Guy Stuff
I agree with your order illbeats
{[][][][]--{}================

(((FORMALLY MR.GRIFFIN)))

Offline The Abbot

• Master Force User
No doubt Mr.Griffin.

Adrena1in  yeah I love the deep, gutteral idle-humthe of the Vader...so these are what sinthetic sith crystals sounds like ah? Coo!!l ;D
LaserBlade:

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
The Luke TESB is the shizzle

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline Kai Paedwen

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Cool reading illbeats - I believe I've spoken to you over AIM about the Windu lightsaber. Mine should be arriving in a few days and it will be my first FX saber, and although I heard several negative things about it - heavy weight and blotchy blade being the most prominent - I still think it is the nicest looking hilt by far and I think the blade is still pretty sweet. As I said in my other post, I will hopefully be getting the Anakin Episode III and Vader ESB not long after, so hopefully I'll be able to do a proper comparison like yours then.
I got a sneaky feeling, however, that Mace will remain on top purely because it will be my first, and because the unique blade and hilt.
"You should never spare the moment for the sake of the future" - Jedi Master Kai Paedwen

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
Kai;
Just be sure and use New batteries when you fist power it up.
then as they drain you will be able to monitor the look of the
blade and how long a set and type of battery lasts.
Use Duracell Digital Ultras or Energizer E2 type for best performance.
"see don't skimp on batteries" for more on this topic

ForceDragon

As most of you know I wont be getting my saber until early August. But this thread has ensured that I made the right choice in choosing the ROTS Anakin Force FX. I will most definitely write a review when I get it.  ;D

Offline TV

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Illbeats - where would you place the ANH Vader lightsaber on your list and why?
cheers

Offline The Abbot

• Master Force User
I don`t really like the anh,I would place 2nd to last place,and last place would go to the anakin aotc.
LaserBlade:

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
Yes I have to agree there!
The VADER ANH is not a very sturdy constructed blade mount.
This has something to do with the inner emitter shroud being
a seperate chromed piece that makes the blade feel wobbly
even right out of the box.
Not to mention the DEEPER  RUMBLE of the ESB is far ahead of
the almost wimpy sound of the ANH.
( I returned the ANH walmart sent me due to this very fact )
I too would put it in second to last place

always
MERIDIAN                               Oh...   and thank you illbeats;)

retrousse