fiduciary

Author Topic: eFX Red 5 X-Wing...Anakin Skywalker standing by...  (Read 9551 times)

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
eFX Red 5 X-Wing...Anakin Skywalker standing by...
« on: February 25, 2009, 05:01:35 PM »
...a huge freakin box!

My X-Wing touched down today at 3:00pm at work.  About an hour after I had left for the day! haha. It's like my bday carried over to today now that I have it!  I had to get a bigger vehicle to bring it home because it wasn't going to fit in my Solstice. even with the top down ahah.

I don't have any pics as I am not going to open it up anytime soon.  There are some things I have to get in order first.

-Take down Darth Vader costume on Mannequin to make room
-Build a 4ft display tower to fit the eFX base to be sold later
-Buy the eFX base and cover! ahha
- Have the time to write a comprehensive review spanning MR's involvement to eFX's triumph.

This will be my last replica.  I'm not going to be buying any new ones.  The X-Wing was my grail and now I'm happy.

Congrats to Biggs for his Red 5 arriving safely at port!  If you need a wingman...let me know! ;)

Here's a teaser pic
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 05:30:08 PM by ANAKIN SKYWALKER »

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
Re: eFX Red 5 X-Wing...Anakin Skywalker standing by...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 05:07:04 PM »
congrats to you as well Master Skywalker, hope you post pcis soon of this, from looking at Biggs' one, it is really impressive!!

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 05:13:09 PM »
Congratulations!  Biggs posted pics of his earlier, and wow!  "Most Impressive" ;D

Facebook: VVFB

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 06:44:24 PM »
 :o :o

congrats anakin!! 8)

Offline Qui-gol Reyah

• Darth Claven
  • Force User
  • "I know! There was nothing I could have done!"
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 07:19:02 PM »
Teaser pic.  Uh huh...   :D

Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 12:13:38 AM »
Most impressive vehichle you have Anakin. I also got this space issue, only few items can come anymore then my room is full. I`ll wait for your review like crazy

Offline BIGGS DARKLIGHTER

• Formerly known as Heimidal
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 09:30:09 AM »
Cool!  You got your X-wing right away too  :D

I'm in the same boat as you. I've already unpacked it, tested it and looked it over, and packed it back up.

I really need the alternative base / case from eFX first. I also want to buy a new table or something to display the X-wing on but I need the final new base dimensions first.

I'm the same Anakin. This is my LAST studio scale. This is and has always been my "grail." I think we make a pretty good squadron eh?  :D

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 10:48:36 AM »
I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.  my focus is 1:1 props and helmets (OT>PT).  I don't have any other studio scales and this would have just opened a can of worms. (you can't have just one).  :P next thing you know my house would be filled with model ships.

I'm getting the sense that my prop collecting days are over, as well. I didn't get the AOTC helmet. and the mcQvader doesn't interest me. there's nothing on the horizon that I've been looking forward to, the way you guys looked forward to the Xwing. (congrats, btw).

unless eFX does an about-face and starts remaking some of the more iconic OT props, (like they said they wouldn't,  to maintain resale value of old MR products on Ebay), then I think I'm pretty much done. its a shame that nobody will take this license and produce the more iconic 1:1 props from the OT, for a new generation of collectors. thats the ONLY way this hobby will still exist in ten years: if somebody takes the license and (ignores what MR did in the past) and "Reboots" the entire license -- the way MR did after Icons folded. 

ie: somebody needs to use this license to give 'new' collectors something they want to buy.  otherwise, in ten years time, the next generation of young collectors will only be able to buy 'Ashoka' props and 'EU' characters, (because thats all thats left to produce after the license was bled dry by MR), and these "new collectors" won't even BOTHER to get started on the hobby. ::)

I predict, eventually, if eFX continues on this path (of producing props from the clone wars and the EU instead of the-greatest-movie-of-all-time), then they will fold in a matter of just a few years, and eventually, somebody ELSE will pick up the SAME license and target that new generation of collector.  its a shame that eFX's loyal customers won't LET them do it. (and/or, a shame that eFX has chosen to listen to a dozen people on RS as the voice of the entire fanbase).  this attitude, that they can't "REHASH" products, (from a 30-year-old-license),  is downright asburd.  especially when the "current" generation of collectors were ONLY attracted to this hobby by nostalgia for those original films -- its hypocritical for us to condemn future collectors to "EU-ONLY" for the next ten years (or more). 

without those OT "icons" to attract new collectors, then (eFX will go broke and) the hobby will die.     :-\  I'm already losing interest

« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 11:01:02 AM by WEDGE ANTILLES »
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 11:55:45 AM »
Wedge, you seem more than slightly miffed there.  :)

But I do agree to some extent with what you're saying.  But I doubt eFX will completely abandon the OT and PT and only focus on the EU and the Clone Wars.  They are, after all, releasing a new version of the Obi-Wan ANH saber - the Xtreme Edition.  So you can technically consider that a rehash.  I personally would like to see every single LE redone in reveal form.  That will placate those who don't want new companies re-releasing old products and, at the same time, make new (and old) collectors (Xtremely) happy.  ;)

Okay, now enough thread-jacking.  Congratulations, Anakin.  That's one awesome-looking studio scale.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 11:57:44 AM by OBI-WAN KENOBI »

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 12:34:48 PM »
Wedge, you seem more than slightly miffed there.  :)

But I do agree to some extent with what you're saying.  But I doubt eFX will completely abandon the OT and PT and only focus on the EU and the Clone Wars.  They are, after all, releasing a new version of the Obi-Wan ANH saber - the Xtreme Edition.  So you can technically consider that a rehash.  I personally would like to see every single LE redone in reveal form.  That will placate those who don't want new companies re-releasing old products and, at the same time, make new (and old) collectors (Xtremely) happy.  ;)

Okay, now enough thread-jacking.  Congratulations, Anakin.  That's one awesome-looking studio scale.

Here's my little off-topic thought -> If the Obi ANH Xtreme sells well I think we will DEFINITELY see more OT rehashes. And you know what? I'm totally ok with that and I hope that is what happens.

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 10:54:34 AM »
My COA and signed plaque came in.

Got #038

I'm happy with the number cause it falls in line with "1138" and the edition size "838" heh heh.

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 11:11:55 AM »
By the way I agree with Wedge that eFX needs to ignore it's "loyal" customers about not reproducing OT and Prequel props just because the "customers" say it will devalue the MR items. 

I would love to get back into collecting props but with the prices the MR's are going for is outrageous and to be honest it's too rich for my blood.  I'm sick of people saying "oh don't rehash this it'll devalue the previous said item so I can't sell it!".  I still stand by the fact about 80% of "collectors" are mostly in it for the money and that's not fair to give others a chance, especially people who start to become new to the hobby.

Speaking of outrageous prices, I'd love to get an Elite Edition Obi-Wan TPM saber but how much it's going for on ebay I could build me (or buy) a new freaking computer for that xxx price!

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 12:27:06 PM »
Congrats on 38!

#45 landed here  ;)

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 02:16:04 PM »
This X-Wing is really cool collectable and I know you guys have waited for a long time to get these vehicles. I wouldnt mind having one, but it would come to cost just too much, since shipping costs can be pretty wild. For Falcon the shipping costs would had been 800 U.S dollars, so no way, plus these studio scales take so much space. Still I`m here to drool when more pics come, I can always tease myself. When it comes to Efx overall their products doesnt interest me that much, atleast not yet, their X-Wing rocks without a doubt. Most likely not gonna spend money on efx clone wars stuff and why should I when the series fails for me.   

retrousse