fiduciary

Author Topic: Obi Wan FX lightsaber Review Shadowlynx style  (Read 3208 times)

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
Obi Wan FX lightsaber Review Shadowlynx style
« on: February 15, 2007, 10:06:16 PM »
Yes I have waited for a long time for this saber. And now finally after a long wait I finally have it in my hands. The Obi Wan FX lightsaber, Coming out this year MR did a great job on this saber over all. I did a trade with Pianoman in exchanged for my Darth Vader ESB. It was well worth it from my point of view. Just the feel of the Hilt to the sound and the color of the blade makes this force fx to be taken seriously. Even the box tells the story of Obi wan fighting in the clones wars, to a betrayal of his friend and brother.

The Hilt:

First off I really do like how the hilt feels. The grenade grip makes it very easy for dueling and even spinning the saber around makes it so effortless. From turning it on the Circuit board enites this bad boy up with 64 LED madness from power up to power down. The Gold grip ring or whatever you want to call it makes it even cooler, and more safe to spin with. By far I feel that this hilt is the safest MR has to offer yet.

9/10

The Blade and Color:

The blade carrying those nice 64 LED's, has a Royal Blue or Cobalt looking color to it just like the Anakin. The only difference is that you don't see the dark area in the middle of the blade like the Anakin at least this one doesn't. I was a bit disappointed, about how the blade is just like it's other FX cousin's excluding the Darth Maul. If you duel too hard with it you might have a broken LED. I know that MR is still coming up with Innovations for the future that will make these present FX's only a relic living in on your wall or shelf.

7/10

The Sound 

Now for the sound I wasn't surprised when I heard that it has the same sounds like all the other Jedi Lightsabers. It sounds just like the Anakin only softer. I don't really care about the sound since I like for the feel of the hilt. The only difference is when you power down the saber it has a higher pitch unlike the Anakin. It'll even get drowned by the Anakin any day. Still like I said this is only a minor set back that keeps some of us thinking if MR will ever change there Sounds. Until that time comes I know there will be others who will use what they know and offer us a different sound board instead so you won't have to hear that same tune with every FX you get.

5/10

Overall:

From the Hilt, color and blade to it's sound, I think this saber is a absolute must for anybody. When you look at this saber it tells a story. The story of Obi wan and what he went threw in times of darkness durning the clone wars and losing his lost brother seduced by darkness. You can even have a friend use the Anakin and you use the Obi wan or vise versa, reliving the Battle of the Hero's all over again. Every Saber has a story and this one speaks more than a 1,000 words.

"May the Force be with all of us"

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
Re: Obi Wan FX lightsaber Review Shadowlynx style
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 03:36:45 AM »
 8)Great review and pics master shadowlynx!!I have the obi-wan rots saber too;and;I really like that saber!!DaJoQuim ;D

Offline vivan_cygna

• formerly known as Vivan Cygna
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 04:03:29 AM »
8)Great review and pics master shadowlynx!!I have the obi-wan rots saber too;and;I really like that saber!!DaJoQuim ;D

Moreover, yours had been converted by Ultra..  ;)
Eat all the bacon!

Offline GRAND MOFF TARKIN

• formerly pianoman/Admiral Piett
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Fear will keep them in line...
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 11:35:00 AM »
Nice.....

And for the record that speaker pack is from my Anakin. The stock one that came with it was even softer.

Edit... If you want it a hair quieter, take out the battery pack, and that metal ring that sits on top of the speaker, flip it around, line up the little tab to the hole on the battery pack and then push it in place, you'll hear it snap into place.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 11:40:07 AM by pianoman »

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 07:51:29 PM »
 ;D haha for the record I've got two obi-wan rots sabers lol!! One that is untouched;and;One which I bought from ultra sabers with a guardian blue lexeon blade. I guess I'll do that with the luke anh saber too!! DaJoQuim :P

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 07:52:12 PM »
Nice review man, totally agree with "Every Saber has a story and this one speaks more than a 1,000 words", Indeed  ;)

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 04:42:22 AM »
Nice review. It's nice to read a review that uses fresh new words and ideas to describe a particular saber. I have often thought about the "back story" of each of the sabers I own. Each one is critical to the story and unique in it's own right.
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 09:43:25 AM »
Great review Shadowlynx!

The Obi Wan is definitely one of the most photogenic sabers!

May The Force FX Be With You!

retrousse