fiduciary

Author Topic: Riveting in Graflex Grips  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Hopkinsc93

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Riveting in Graflex Grips
« on: January 29, 2017, 06:29:07 PM »
Hey there!

I am looking to start building a fully functional Vintage ESB Graflex soon and I am looking for some advice on putting on the grips. I'm looking at riveting in both the Kobold D-Ring and the grips, but don't know what size rivets the rivets were in canon. Also what would be a good size for the speaker to pass the rivets but block a TCSS disc? (if that wording was way too complicated look at Yoda's Graflex 2.0 chassis rendering, that's the basic idea i'm going for) Any help would be appreciated!

Offline Joakim

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Riveting in Graflex Grips
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 12:14:46 PM »
Hello!

Im a noob in this, and found an excellent guide for download from wannawanga.com, he also sells things needed!

/Joakim

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
Re: Riveting in Graflex Grips
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 07:36:33 AM »
For the speaker, it depends on your chassis. most of them dont come far enough down to be under the grip rivets so its fine. In a graflex 2.0 the standard grips have a piece that goes inside the rivet holes. These pieces have the thread for the screws on. I used 6mm long rivets and they dont pertrude through the thread holes but seem to be nice and tight. They are 3mm wide. I went for the TFA setup. Joakim above is right about the diagrams on Wannawanga. Check what width rivets they have listed for ESB and use that width. But for the length, 6mm is fine for grips and I used 10mm for the D ring, KR Sabers pommel cap (which is probably as thick as the TCSS disc) and the pommel itself. They pertrude about 3-4mm but thats good because they hold on pretty tight.

retrousse