fiduciary

Author Topic: FX-SABERS 2018 Picture Hosting Options  (Read 3639 times)

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
FX-SABERS 2018 Picture Hosting Options
« on: January 26, 2018, 12:07:58 PM »
The situation with pictures - we have several “solutions which I will cover here, which you can use to post (or fix) your pictures.

1. There is now and “Add image to post” option under the reply text boxes now. This is a Forum Mod we just added, which is attached to an off-site, free third party hosting service imgbb.com. While is isn't necesssary to create an account with them, if you want to organize your stuff, It might be a good idea to create an account, so you can organize your stuff.

To actually use this feature:
1. Click “Add image to post”
2. Once you have uploaded your images, select the BBCODE (thumbnail) code, and copy that back into your post.

2. You can use imgbox, which is also free, but has an ad or two on their page (which really was no worse than Photobucket.

3. You could use Google picture hosting, which gives you something like 15 GB of space, and is free.

4. You can also use Imageshack.

5. You can use imgur, which is like $49. A year for a hosting account.

While it is possible to go in and manually “repair” your broken links from Photobucket, by changing the address from http to https, it might just be easier to use one of the other options listed above.

We will be giving people 90 days to sort out their posts and pictures, and what hasn’t been repaired will either be left with the broken links or simply removed if the posts weren’t of any great importance.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Re: FX-SABERS 2018 Picture Hosting Options
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 10:57:14 AM »
imgur is free. imgur similarly gives the appropriate BBcode, and has Android and Apple apps that work very well.  I've been using it for quite a while and I have never been asked to upgrade or pay, nor can I find a place where I could pay even if I wanted to.

They even have a free API for non-commercial use.  Commercial use of the API is the only thing I can find that has an associated cost, and that varies depending on volume of uploads (up to 10,000 is free) and requests (up to 100,000 is free).

Offline Doaln

• No Force
  • Impressive. Most impressive.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 09:28:25 AM »
For anyone using Chrome, Opera, or Firefox, you can download an extension that will automatically make Photobucket pictures work for you.

GitHub - BridgeTroll-IO/photobucket-hotlink-fix

For this reason, I really hope all the old posts stay up.

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 12:40:32 PM »
For anyone using Chrome, Opera, or Firefox, you can download an extension that will automatically make Photobucket pictures work for you.

GitHub - BridgeTroll-IO/photobucket-hotlink-fix

For this reason, I really hope all the old posts stay up.

Posts that have working pictures, and have "Still relevant" information will stay, others, well... :police:

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 06:02:16 PM »
When posting pictures, make sure your URL has https:// instead of http:// in it.

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

retrousse