fiduciary

Author Topic: Black Chrome Weathered Dark Malakyte CSv1 for Johannes Huber  (Read 2308 times)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Black Chrome Weathered Dark Malakyte CSv1 for Johannes Huber
« on: March 22, 2013, 10:31:38 PM »
Black Chrome Weathered Dark Malakyte CSv1 for Johannes Huber

Johannes Huber approached me with a question..."Can we incorporate weathering with black and black chrome powder coating?"  My response was, "I am not sure, but I will give it a shot".  Well, it worked and it worked in epic fashion.  What I did was apply a 10-step colorization process that incorporated Triple-baked Weathering and dual color Powder Coating.  The finish is simply amazing to behold in person.  The weathering is perfectly visible and mixed exceptionally well with the trans color of powder.  It also added "texture and realism" to the matte color.  Now the saber has a "blue steel" and black weathered motif.  I sure hope this is what Johannes had in mind, lol.  Electronics are the standard CSv1 Malakyte option with a gorgeous "IceBlue" blade and white FoC.  I am also taking this opportunity to debut a new font from Sek, "Savage".  Very nice font.  Oh yeah, this sucka is LOUD ;)

Particulars:
Dark Malakyte CSv1TM with "Savage" by Sekrogue1985
Black Chrome WeatheringTM
IceBlueTM Blade with White FoC
Standard CSv1 Electronics Package
Blue Ring Lighted Switch
Easy-Spin Pommel insertTM

The BMT:

The Glams & FoC:

A Comparison between Weathering and Black Chrome Weathering:

Offline Fat Ewok

• Master Force User
    • Gamer Professionals, LLC
Re: Black Chrome Weathered Dark Malakyte CSv1 for Johannes Huber
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 10:57:47 PM »
Hey hey hey! I like that! That looks pretty! I love the blue steel looking color! ;) ;D

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 12:24:49 AM »
Hey hey hey! I like that! That looks pretty! I love the blue steel looking color! ;) ;D

Thanks man.  It is my first new weathering technique in about a year.  All of my past styles are extremely popular and I have no doubt that this one will be as well.

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 08:33:25 AM »
I really dig this saber. The flat black/black chrome reminds me of Ventress' sabers, but the weathering really makes it pop. I also really love that blade color. It's not quite silver, not quite sky blue, but a shade in between. Lovely.

As a side note, great job on these sabers. I always felt that the stunt lines that the fx-family produces (among them the VV Havok and Fury, and GCS ascend line) were kind of the "Clan Sabers" for our little community here, and the Malakyte line is a great addition to the family.

Anyway, great work as usual, General. Cheers.
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline Fat Ewok

• Master Force User
    • Gamer Professionals, LLC
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 08:54:14 AM »
Really? It looks fantastic just like all the other weathering styles! I didn't hear you mention it in the video either... maybe it was because I just wanted to see lights...  ::)

Offline Starwinder

• Master Force User
  • I don't like sand...
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 09:23:06 AM »
Wow, i love this new weathering General!  Heck, i think the original weathering looks great on this saber, but that black chrome style really sets it apart!

Really dig that icy-ice blue LED too  :)

Offline Johannes Huber

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 10:24:52 AM »
I t looks fantastic :D! Way past what I was hoping for (even from the good General...). Absolutely perfect effect with the weathering. Reminds me of the service weapons I used way back when, which is exactly what I was thinking of: lived in but highly functional and maintained in all the important places. The blade is also just the right shade, a hint of blue and a lot of white. A phenomenal job as always, General.

Johannes

Offline LordBlako

• Master Force User
  • I'm just the Font Maker!
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 10:44:56 AM »
i'm really digging the weathering! it looks great with the malakyte saber!  8)

Offline Goodman

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 02:21:34 PM »
GREAT weathering! Texture is often overlooked but you're right in saying you've nailed it in epic fashion with your various processes! And the font sounds great, too... geez these sabers are loud!
**I AM RETIRED from saber commission building**

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 11:36:54 PM »
Thanks fellas.  Johannes, I am glad that she is what you were hoping for.  I just got home and it is late, so I will get PM's in the AM.  John, thanks...they are indeed very loud.  Resonance was very important to me in their design and they could even be louder if I moved the speaker up to the top of the grip section...yeah, I tried it and ZOINKS!  I really thought it was too loud that way, so the speaker is down by the pommel now (as the standard). 

I think that folks will have fun with these. 

retrousse