fiduciary

Author Topic: ANH Graflex w/Gabywan Chassis for JM419  (Read 1291 times)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
ANH Graflex w/Gabywan Chassis for JM419
« on: February 18, 2012, 09:12:57 PM »
ANH Graflex w/Gabywan Chassis for JM419

JM419 had an empty g-flex.  He had a demolished Gabywan chassis. He had a borked PC.  He made a good call and asked for help.  Y'all know the LDM likes to help a brotha out on occasion, so I did.  First order of business was to "tighten" up the chassis.  It was missing one of the accent LED's for the big crystal so also had to replace that.  It is still not perfect, but I can only do so much.  At least it doesn't rattle anymore.  Next, sent the PC off for repair.  luckily it was indeed repairable.  Next, made the chassis actually fit the BH kit.  That was fun.  Next...PC...2 switches...where Aux switch gonna goez?  Hows about somewhere it doesn't usually go?  Check.  Lets put her under the glass eye...Haz mill will modify after all.  Had to replace the burned speaker and rewire the battery pack as well.  Not sure the history of this chassis, but it was in some kind of terrible shape.  Oh yeah, almost forgot...there was a 1/2" diameter hole on the side of the top half of the Graflex...I cut a circular piece of mylar to cover it.  Not perfect, but way better than a darned hole.  Got her all installed now.  Turned out to be a solid little ANH.  Enjoy man.

Particulars:
Replica Graflex
Gabywan Chassis
PC w/ Madcow's Heirloom
P4 Blue
New speaker

BMT:

Glams:

Album (with build pix):  http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll317/drdicarlo/Luke%20ANH%20sabers/ANH%20Replica%20with%20Gabywan%20chassis%20fot%20JM419/

Note:
  the chassis now has a black accent rather than the silver mylar pictured above:

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
Re: ANH Graflex w/Gabywan Chassis for JM419
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 07:30:12 PM »
Aah, there's my beauty.  I haz a happy, lol. 

Clearly, I'm not cut out for saber building, but when you have LDM on your side, who needs saber skills?  He apparently got all mine, lol.

Beautiful work.  Thanks, GG.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 07:37:20 PM »
Aah, there's my beauty.  I haz a happy, lol. 

Clearly, I'm not cut out for saber building, but when you have LDM on your side, who needs saber skills?  He apparently got all mine, lol.

Beautiful work.  Thanks, GG.

You're welcome.  I buttoned her up for ya.  Still waiting on my TCSS order for a few of the other items you asked me for.  Probably going to still b e a week or so before I get any of these newly completed saber shipped.;

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 07:38:12 PM »
Hey, you know what, that's all right by me.  It'll give me a chance to watch the video some more!   :D

Offline Kaplan

• Force User
  • Dr. Jones, we meet again... at last.
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 08:02:12 PM »
Nice graflex! I have an ANH with a gabywan chassis too.  I like the SA greeblies & bubble strip on there.

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 08:03:11 PM »
Gotta make it SA.  It's a Graflex, right?

I can't stop watching the video!  I can hardly wait for this one to be home.

retrousse