fiduciary

Author Topic: MKIII with CF 4.31 for Rogue Graymatter  (Read 4321 times)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
MKIII with CF 4.31 for Rogue Graymatter
« on: November 08, 2010, 08:40:55 PM »
MKIII with CF 4.31 for Rogue Graymatter

This saber is a Brand new MKIII with a mixture of ROTS and ANH greeblies.    A great deal of boring was needed to fit the electronics for this saber (this can be seen in the build pix).    I went with (2) blinkies under the bubble strip and a Faux Crystal Chamber.  APOP is on, the on/off switch is under the lever and the Aux switch is on the side (emitter end) of the box.  He asked for (2) cone kill keys so I made him (2) different styles (both in silver).   I also added the copper mylar to the neck like I did with Zerospeed's ROTS.  Enjoy.

The Particulars:

New MKIII converted by LDM
Crystal Focus 4.31 with APOP on & the following fonts:
1.  Stygian General
2.  Novastar
3.  Ep. III by Anatim
4.  Ep. IV Remastered
5.  Ep. IV Training Bot
6.  Phoenix Pyre

Seoul P4 blue in MKIII Custom Optics
TCSS HO speaker
2.1mm Recharge/kill in pommel
Blue & white HO blinkies in clamp (blue = Power)
Blue Faux Crystal Chamber
7.4V Li-ion
CF access @ pommel
Copper Mylar
Silver mylar strip on G-flex clamp
bubble card
(2 styles) Cone knob kill key

The BMT:

The Glams:

Selected Build and proofs (selected):

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 07:54:11 PM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

Offline Rogue Graymatter

• Force User
  • for teh lulz
Re: MKIII with CF 4.31 for Rouge Greymatter
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 01:46:40 PM »
It's funny, I've looked at my username lord know how many times in the last year and never noticed my apparent dyslexia with the spelling of rogue until I heard it said out loud during my own BMT. Does this mean I have lipstick on the brain, or that my gray matter is in fact, a shade of pink? Either way, my wife and I laughed until we cried (my side was killing me) when we saw the video. Way too funny, I may keep it.
As for the saber, well, it speaks for itself. Spot on general! Can't wait!
I have a feeling a BK4 will be seeking a new home once this shows up ;D
RG

Offline Darth Kevin .T

• Master Force User
  • At last the Snugi are no more!
    • My youtube page
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 04:00:11 PM »
OH MAN!

This baby is sweet!!!!!!  :o

I was hoping some one would make a episode 3 obi wan with CF really soon cause I havent seen very many at all maybe like 2 others, but great job LDM I love the pommel

One of the best parts is the activation box I love the blinkies!  :P

Offline Lord Dracus

• Master Force User
  • "The force is mine to command."
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 07:01:42 PM »
 Excellent job as always LDM. ;D Congrats Rouge Greymatter. :)

Offline Ducos Rossis

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 07:04:16 PM »
Stunning saber. Who makes the thin neck like this ? I want my next saber to be a thin neck like this but heavily weathered. Congrats rouge greymatter

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Re: MKIII with CF 4.31 for Rogue Graymatter
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 08:03:43 PM »
LOL, sorry bro.  That was how you had it spelled?  Or did I FUBAR it?  Glad you like it BTW.

Okay, as to "who" makes these...I didn't really think it was a secret, but this is a conversion that I pioneered nearly 3 years ago now.  It is indeed the reason that I am a Member of the S.A.B.E.R. Guild and it is my most requested saber.  I do at least one per month for people on this very forum.  The prices are listed in my services section as well as most of the options (under MKIII's).  I have actually made 3 in the Episode 3 style in the last 3 months and 2 each of the hybrid style and ANH style.  Most of them are posted here in this section along with heavily weathered versions. I am indeed doing a heavily weathered one for Lord Dracus later this year.   Thanks for the interest and questions ;) ;D :D

Offline Rogue Graymatter

• Force User
  • for teh lulz
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 08:22:10 AM »
LOL, sorry bro.  That was how you had it spelled?  Or did I FUBAR it?  Glad you like it BTW.
  Oh no, you were right! I've had it misspelled for over a year now, that's what makes it so funny to me. I'm a bit slow sometimes I guess :)

As far as liking the saber, who wouldn't? I've watched the vid a few times already (still laugh). This has been a dream of mine since I was a kid. The graflex and the MK III.... doesn't get much better in my opinion. General, you are the MK III master sir. This will be treasured for a long time to come. Thank you.
RG

Offline Rafalema

• Master Force User
  • Dancin' with da polar bears
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 09:57:58 AM »
Looks great!  ;D

What kinda "transistors" are those?
Through Passion, I gain Strength
The Assassin - MHS Custom, CFv5.6

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 10:35:27 AM »
Looks great!  ;D

What kinda "transistors" are those?

Parks makes them...they are 3/8" aluminum standoffs attached by 6-32 buttonheads.

Offline Fetts Vett

• Experienced Force User
  • Star Wars, Skateboarding, and Heavy Metal
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 10:52:37 AM »
Beautiful work LDM! I'm glad I chose you to do my V2!  :D

Offline Salvatore1971

• Master Force User
  • "Yes, I know, I have a toupée on my head!"
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 12:20:20 PM »
ALL the works by LDM I see here in the forums comfort me!  ;)

I'm Italian. Sorry in advance for my bad english! :D

Offline Ducos Rossis

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 02:36:38 PM »

Okay, as to "who" makes these...I didn't really think it was a secret, but this is a conversion that I pioneered nearly 3 years ago now.  It is indeed the reason that I am a Member of the S.A.B.E.R. Guild and it is my most requested saber.  I do at least one per month for people on this very forum.  The prices are listed in my services section as well as most of the options (under MKIII's).  I have actually made 3 in the Episode 3 style in the last 3 months and 2 each of the hybrid style and ANH style.  Most of them are posted here in this section along with heavily weathered versions. I am indeed doing a heavily weathered one for Lord Dracus later this year.   Thanks for the interest and questions ;) ;D :D

Lol I know you retro fit these... I was asking who produces the thin neck hilt, I found out with a bit of searching its parks/saberkit hilt.  This is going to be my next saber for sure. Do you sell the 7/8 blades?

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 02:46:00 PM »
LOL, sorry bro.  That was how you had it spelled?  Or did I FUBAR it?  Glad you like it BTW.

Okay, as to "who" makes these...I didn't really think it was a secret, but this is a conversion that I pioneered nearly 3 years ago now.  It is indeed the reason that I am a Member of the S.A.B.E.R. Guild and it is my most requested saber.  I do at least one per month for people on this very forum.  The prices are listed in my services section as well as most of the options (under MKIII's).  I have actually made 3 in the Episode 3 style in the last 3 months and 2 each of the hybrid style and ANH style.  Most of them are posted here in this section along with heavily weathered versions. I am indeed doing a heavily weathered one for Lord Dracus later this year.   Thanks for the interest and questions ;) ;D :D

Lol I know you retro fit these... I was asking who produces the thin neck hilt, I found out with a bit of searching its parks/saberkit hilt.  This is going to be my next saber for sure. Do you sell the 7/8 blades?

Yep. Just PM me when you need one.  I don't remember the price, but it is listed in my services section :D

ALL the works by LDM I see here in the forums comfort me!  ;)

Grazie mille! ;D
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 02:48:47 PM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

Offline Salvatore1971

• Master Force User
  • "Yes, I know, I have a toupée on my head!"
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 12:24:34 PM »
Grazie mille! ;D

Prego! (transl.: "You're welcome!")  :D

Questa volta non hai fatto nessun errore, LDM. (transl.: "This time you have done no error, LDM."). Bravo.  ;)

I'm Italian. Sorry in advance for my bad english! :D

Offline s Rank

• Force User
  • Fighting evil by moonlight...
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 07:39:54 AM »
Bravo! It has always been a hard choice for me on deciding if Obi Wan ROTS and ANH sabers were my favorite or Luke ROTJs. They are similar in many ways. I love that the pummel doesn't have a ton of holes for sound venting, but how did you achieve this? I had thought to incorporate reverse sound and have vents underneath the granted clamp "holes and slits" to have sound come out that way. Is that what happened here, the crystal chassis windows double functioned as sound vents?

retrousse