fiduciary

Author Topic: Shii-cho section 4 5 6  (Read 3767 times)

Offline Michael_Acurantes

• No Force
Shii-cho section 4 5 6
« on: August 28, 2010, 06:57:54 AM »
Hi everyone, i have been searching the internet for the continuation of the first form shii cho section 1-3 and it seems that i cannot find it anywhere that is why a very good friend of mine rowena and me made our very own section 4-5-6, although it is quite incomplete the shii cho strikes are still noticeable yet as the form progresses it eventually turns towards the dark side of the force.

I will break the 4-5-6 apart and show you how to do it in the next few weeks.

here it goes

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4633/section456.mp4

Offline Rafalema

• Master Force User
  • Dancin' with da polar bears
Re: Shii-cho section 4 5 6
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 07:47:23 AM »
You know, if you want people to actually learn anything from these, you should do the movements in a fairly lit place so that we can see your body/leg movement, since they are a big part of any swordfighting/saberplay.

Otherwise, well, I really can't see anything else but the glow of the blade but it's always cool..

BTW what saber are you using for this?
Through Passion, I gain Strength
The Assassin - MHS Custom, CFv5.6

• No Force
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 08:39:14 AM »
You know, if you want people to actually learn anything from these, you should do the movements in a fairly lit place so that we can see your body/leg movement, since they are a big part of any swordfighting/saberplay.

Otherwise, well, I really can't see anything else but the glow of the blade but it's always cool..

BTW what saber are you using for this?

Yup that's what cain suggested, no worries the next video would be done in a lit room. but sad to say i cannot use my saber since the blade broke and it cannot withstand the swordplay i am doing. but then ill use a stick instead.

i am using a MR luke Rotj

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 10:51:06 PM »
There is no section 4-6 on YouTube.

This form was brought to the saber community by former NY Jedi member General Tsun., a kung fu- teacher and dojo (school) owner. It's actually a very basic broadsword form that fit the Shii-Cho description very well. IMO opinion, sections 2 and 3 repeat many of the same moves as section 1, so I basically omitted it from whenever I teach it.

But hey...adding on to a saber form is all about creativity and your own personal interpretation , so kudos to you for doing so.  ;)

• No Force
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 09:59:13 AM »
There is no section 4-6 on YouTube.

This form was brought to the saber community by former NY Jedi member General Tsun., a kung fu- teacher and dojo (school) owner. It's actually a very basic broadsword form that fit the Shii-Cho description very well. IMO opinion, sections 2 and 3 repeat many of the same moves as section 1, so I basically omitted it from whenever I teach it.

But hey...adding on to a saber form is all about creativity and your own personal interpretation , so kudos to you for doing so.  ;)

Thanks caine. So that's the story behind the sections 1-3, Anyway we will do our best to make the form 1 fun in the saber land. And most of all enjoy the hobby of wielding a saber with you guys.

I hope i can get a conversion soon.

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 10:06:48 AM »
Suggestion on tutorial filming if you are new to it. (and believe me, I am STILL learning the best ways, lol)

*Break each move down step by step
*Explain the target areas you are striking to....try not to generalize by striking "anywhere" to the body
*Explain the turns clearly (I usually use degrees like 'I turn by body 180 degrees over my left shoulder" as some people learn different from others regarding visuals.
*Go slow (about 50% speed) so no moves are missed. Some people may only want to get the jist of what you are teaching, others may take your form 100% to heart and don't want to miss a beat.

Good luck and have fun. We look forward to seeing what else you got.  :)

• No Force
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 10:23:23 AM »
thanks for the advise cain. Ill make sure ill follow these. So Ill be posting the videos soon.

• No Force
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 12:08:36 PM »
I would like to thank caine and nova for the inspiration as well as General Sun for making the 3 part sections of Shii cho, without this I would have never been in this hobby.. here's my update after 5 long years.

https://www.facebook.com/michaeljan.acurantes/videos/899605420082864/?pnref=story

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 02:57:52 PM »
Awesome, man! Glad to see this post updated and you staying on track!

retrousse