fiduciary

Author Topic: Novastar and Caine's Saber Combat System "NCSCS" (1st COMPLETE System!)  (Read 61900 times)

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
Re: Novastar and Caine's Saber Combat System "NCSCS" (1st COMPLETE System!)
« Reply #165 on: July 04, 2011, 06:21:51 PM »
Thanks again, Erv!  Much appreciation on the time & effort it took to work in the garden clips + the "WIB?" vocals & clip, heheheh...

I only hope that DVD#2 will get completed in a timely fashion and that people will begin to TRULY see "where it's going"... since DVD1... is really just the most basic stuff in my opinion.  With maybe a few exceptions, although none are really coming to mind... :)
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #166 on: July 04, 2011, 10:54:53 PM »
=> "just the basic stuff" for you equal "just smd soldering" for me  ;D

which means => that DVD & those videos are MUCH more important that what you'd think ! especially showing things on various angles, slow down, and even fail.

*thumbs up*

filming / editing : as usual no much time, I filmed that at work on my spare time, and stupidly no good mike to record things, so I just "crafted" the vocals with a hammer and a chisel  :D

No time yet to really start with AVS but I'm going to leave Movie Maker soon anyway as I'm tired of the audio support (single audio track)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 10:57:26 PM by erv »

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #167 on: July 05, 2011, 12:15:26 PM »
=> "just the basic stuff" for you equal "just smd soldering" for me  ;D
Really?!?!  Hmmm... ok, well if so... point well taken, heheh.  I didn't imagine that even smd soldering was STILL "basic" for you... I just thought it was a skill you built up over time, and NOW it's like 2nd nature.  But yet... it's still "advanced", heheh...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #168 on: July 05, 2011, 01:54:37 PM »
fair enough  ;) maybe not SMD
still => that was a compliment !

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #169 on: July 08, 2011, 06:22:18 PM »
Thanks again to everyone who is supporting Mark & my work by purchasing!  It's been overwhelming so far, but I'm REALLY glad about that!

Just as a general note... some guest assistants from GGK (and hopefully Mark/Caine's WCH MA school!) will be helping to demonstrate for DVD#2.

Keep those reviews COMING, too!  Best place for them is on our Facebook page, under the "docs" section, so we can really allow people to see what those who have purchased & studied NCSCS DVD#1 have to say...

I'm also excited about "re-opening the research" on the type of camera to purchase (not that I can AFFORD it, lol)... but... yeah... my old one is just not good for this stuff anymore, and I'd rather just "go digital HD" with it and never look back... ya know?  I only hope everything will bloody well FIT on the upcoming DVDs...  :)

Click here.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2011, 02:50:30 AM »
I got a nice full HD "pocket size" camera for about $350. However, an actual camcorder might be required in your case just to get the wide angle lens you already use working on the new camera.

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #171 on: July 11, 2011, 04:46:20 PM »
Excellent performance in low light is actually VERY tough to find, unfortunately.  :(

Otherwise, I'd just get a "GoPro" or whatever they are... for... yup, agreed--$350 or what not.

Unfortunately, the price range I have to look at is usually in the $650 to $800 (or more) range... which SOUNDS "wrong", but believe me, it makes a difference in the quality.  That all being said... cameras are improving every day and prices come down.  So, I can only hope I find the "right" time to buy.

At this point... I'm praying for cameras to go all "aggro" and berserk with their bad selves this summer, lol.  :)  I mean if there is some kind of "summer frenzy" for cams... maybe I can swing an older model with GORGEOUS low-light performance in the pro-sumer range and make it last for the next 5 years...

Click here.

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2011, 12:06:51 AM »
Finally chose the new cam... :)

TOOK ME LONG ENOUGH, huh?!?  Well, the good thing is--Mark (Caine) has some "Tablet" cam too, so... that is something!

But this one?  Canon Vixia HF M40

My other choice was simply out-of-the-budget (Panasonic HDC-TM900K)... and quite frankly... uh... so was THIS CAM TOO, lol.  Needless to say--most everything for DVD#2 will now be in HD Video... if not all of it, if we re-shoot a few things.  Hard to say if it will be "100%" HD though... :)

Release target date goal again is... ... ... ... yes... you guessed it.  :)

Click here.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #173 on: August 05, 2011, 04:11:09 AM »
may the 4th 2012

or

(whipping your butt)

november (11) the 30th + 8 days of rollover = december the 8th, 2011

[hurry up lol  ;D]

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2011, 03:21:27 AM »
hahahah NO WAY on 2011!!  :)  I'd NEVER have enough time to (takes a DEEEEP BREATH):

* arrange guest artist music
* do DVD case artwork / photos
* print artwork
* film all sessions with Caine (who is EXCESSIVELY unavailable these days due to many reasons!!)
* assess all film sessions... check to see if re-shoots need to occur
* check to see if "mixing HD with SD" vids will "work", or if it will look screwed up
* organize, edit, annotate, "title it up", render and check vids
* make sure it fits onto a single DVD (or... I'd have to go "it's DVD2 + DVD3"... which MIGHT happen)
* make a new credits reel
* make a new intro(??) and outro(??)
* make a new Lightscribe cover (??), or stick with generally same one (who knows)
* complete & finalize notation for upcoming combat forms (I actually still need to do a lot of thinking on these--I may even go as far as "replacing" forms 3 & 4, since... I think that may have been 'too much' for people to utilize as drills, etc.)
* burn, burn, burn... lightscribe, lightscribe, lightscribe... then pack, ship... :)

All that being said... maybe it will get done by 5/4/2012!!  :)  I certainly hope so.  Just a bummer to be doin' all this somewhat "alone" again, heheh.  But that's the way it goes, fo shoooooowwwww, sooooooooollllllooowwwww!!!   ;D

Click here.

Offline Artorius Vidnyl

• Force User
  • Suns of the Force
« Reply #175 on: August 07, 2011, 12:13:11 PM »
I'm really looking forward to your next DVD!  I really appreciate the time and effort you put in.  Keep it up!

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."
―Qui-Gon

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #176 on: August 07, 2011, 03:51:19 PM »
QUICK NOTE/PLEA:

If you're on Facebook and have ordered the NCSCS system... PLEASE visit us on Facebook and... you know... start talkin'!!  I mean, we WANT the entire project to involve people and be a "community of combat", ESPECIALLY when it comes to notation and experimentation, etc.

So please... HELP US... to help everyone regarding staged combat with sabers... go share some experiences you've had with DVD#1, or... notate something, or... ask questions, or... give a review!   ;D

http://www.facebook.com/groups/207717372582367/

Oh, and if for whatever reason you don't have/want Facebook or Youtube... you can always post your comments/thoughts here and I can "cut n' paste" it with credit to you onto Facebook myself... :)

Happy Sunday...

Click here.

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #177 on: August 07, 2011, 07:31:19 PM »
Hey, I'll admit, I didn't read 12 pages of this thread, so I'm just curious, where can I get details on this DVD without using Facebook?  (I cancelled my FB account a few years ago.  Can't stand all the status updates.)

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #178 on: August 07, 2011, 08:07:12 PM »
Hey, I'll admit, I didn't read 12 pages of this thread, so I'm just curious, where can I get details on this DVD without using Facebook?  (I cancelled my FB account a few years ago.  Can't stand all the status updates.)

Here you go!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KBX94C6AJQJVU

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #179 on: August 07, 2011, 08:14:26 PM »
Excellent, thank you!  Can I get a brief synopsis of it anywhere?  The paypal link won't give me a full description.  All it does is open the order page over and over again.  Lol.

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

retrousse