fiduciary

Author Topic: Parks Phaeton II conversion for Link- CF5  (Read 2547 times)

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
Parks Phaeton II conversion for Link- CF5
« on: March 21, 2013, 04:02:12 PM »
Alright, so I've got a few minutes, and I figured I would post a build log.  Link came to me about converting an ebay package phaeton II empty many months ago.  I started way back then by dremeling and filing some invisible sound vents in the grip section.  Well, link had me put the saber on hold, and only recently was he ready to move forward with it.  So, I got to work.  From the beginning, I knew I didn't just want the "tucked in" cf and speaker in the stock milled slot in the saber.  I did quite a bit of milling to get the CF where it is at, and it works fantastically.  Sd card access is super easy.  In fact, you'll notice one side of the milling goes further than the other, and that is because I wanted to give plenty of room for sd card access.  I machined a delrin switch holder for the main switch (didn't use the extra tall switch that parks normally supplies) and a custom optics can/heatsink.  I also made a rear battery tube that fits inside the pommel, which contains the recharge port.  I then powdercoated it to match the gloss black anodizing of the grips, pommel, and emitter.  The saber takes a 7/8" blade at about a 1.5" depth.  To top it off, I made a custom blade plug.  Let me know what you guys think!

Specs:
CFv5
Tri-Rebel BBW
Rectangular 1.5W speaker
7.4V 16340 battery pack
Red button activation
1.3mm internal recharge port
7/8" blade socket

Glams:

Unfortunately, at one point, my camera auto adjusted (even though it was set to manual mode) and I couldn't replicate the white balance that I had in the first 3 pics.  And it wouldn't fully focus.   :'(  But, I wasn't going to be able to retake them as I had to get this saber to link before leaving for spring break, and all I've been able to do all week is study for tests.  it's also why the vid is rushed. 

Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmUVM8wfuRE

I'm really pleased with the way this one turned out, and I hope link enjoys having it as much as I enjoyed making it.   8)

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 04:04:41 PM by Alex Gordon »

Offline Link

• Formerly known as airframe31
  • Master Force User
  • Soundfont Artist & SIG Maker :)
Re: Parks Phaeton II conversion for Link- CF5
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 05:23:26 PM »
YES !!!!  Man this is so great ! 

SO !... Yeah, like Alex said, I came to him MONTHS ago with this conversion. I have been wanting a pretty accurate Obi TPM for well... years !  I tried to get in on the WAT / OM / Acerocket  Accurate Obi TPM way back when and unfortunately had to sell my spot. Im in the military and Ive been forced to put down saber building and funds for sabers for work reasons. But now I finally will have one of my unicorn sabers ive been wanting.

Thanks so much to AG for doing this build ! I cannot WAIT to get it and when I do, Ill put up a hefty review so you all can see :) 

Thanks again !        Link

Offline Nick Knight

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 06:52:57 PM »
Great job! looks amazing!
"A correction added to one’s store of knowledge. It was a thing to be grateful for, not something to take offense at. "
"Choose what is right, not what is easy"

Offline sastanly

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 12:34:32 AM »
Hello,

I am the french gay who contact you on eBay, I have finally find you.

The saber you sell on ebay is not the same ?

The kill key is not the same no ?

Then I not understand.

Offline Link

• Formerly known as airframe31
  • Master Force User
  • Soundfont Artist & SIG Maker :)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 12:42:15 AM »
This saber is for sale but it is NOT on ebay. I dont know who you contacted.

retrousse