fiduciary

Author Topic: NEC no hum during power off?  (Read 2247 times)

Offline shleeve

• No Force
  • Washington Revan
NEC no hum during power off?
« on: May 13, 2018, 11:14:50 AM »
Hello all, I got my first NEC equipped saber a few days ago and have a question that I have not found discussed anywhere.  The board is supposed to mix in real time the hum with the other effects, which works great on all the effects except my power off.  As soon as the "in01" or power off sound starts to play it cuts off the hum sound, resulting in no mixed in hum during power off.  I have changed the value for the offset for power on, which mixes the hum before the end of the power on sound.  But there is no option to do this for power off?  Am I missing something? 

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
Re: NEC no hum during power off?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 03:37:36 AM »
What does it do with the default files?
Did you format using 'SD Formatter' and then copy the files across in their complete form?

When you say "changed the value", did you use the config editor progam? if not you should always use this as a final step as it adjusts any parameters within the config files themselves as required.

Offline shleeve

• No Force
  • Washington Revan
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 07:32:42 AM »
Yes, it does this with all files including the stock ones. Yes, the parameter I edited in the the config editor, I think it's called Humstrt, but again that only affects the power on. I have always formatted the SD, although not with a "SD formatter" is that a program made for nec?

After watching some videos showcasing NEC boards, I'm wondering if they are even set up to mix the poweroff sound, because it doesn't sound like there is a background hum in any videos on power off. Perhaps I am wrong?

Do you have an I2 to compare with?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 05:10:27 PM by shleeve »

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 02:26:01 AM »

Offline shleeve

• No Force
  • Washington Revan
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 06:49:19 AM »
Here's a video I made a while ago
NEC Igniter 2 - Feature Demo and Instructions (Dual Phase, FX) - YouTube

Hm, listening to your video it sounds the same to me, like the actual hum sound file immediately ends when the in01 file begins, no gradual fade out of the hum. Very abrupt sounding compared to my NBv4 saber, where the same font hum is premixed with the poweroff sound to gradually fade out in the background, rather than stopping completely

Offline IceSaber

• Experienced Force User
  • Midi-chlorians..
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 08:30:22 AM »
I'm not sure. It sounds fine to me but you may find the answers you're looking for by messaging Scott (Naigon) on his facebook page or even the NEC experts on Elite Lightsaber Society on fb. They don't really have a presence here and it sometimes takes a while to get the reply you need for some products here.

Offline shleeve

• No Force
  • Washington Revan
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 06:10:08 PM »
Cool thanks, I messaged Naigon and am going to ask that facebook group.

retrousse