fiduciary

Author Topic: Graffias - 3rd Saber - 2nd Sink Tube  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Et Kin Evenstar

• Padawan Learner
Graffias - 3rd Saber - 2nd Sink Tube
« on: April 08, 2010, 05:19:56 PM »
I originally posted this here:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=10527

I was unhappy with it and stepped away from it for a bit.

Meanwhile I became interested in some of the Nocturne Armory designs which while not curved, have a bit of a bend in the hilt.  Like this:

I doubt I'll ever create anything close to the quality work they dispaly, but that's the idea of the little bend in the hilt.

I also got interested in the idea of a "battle worn" (not so much "weathered") saber and the story behind it after reading through a thread on fx-sabers:

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=22359.0

So, here is the story I came up with that "explains" why this saber looks like it does:

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....   ;-)

Imagine a Padawan who grew up in the lap of luxury.  He is recruited to train as a Jedi but holds onto his desire for "flashy bling."  When he constructs his saber he uses bright gold colors, ornate jewels etc.  If you've read some of the EU stuff, think Valenthyne Farfalla.  Then through a series of events, he is betrayed and finds everything he has believed to be a lie.  He is forced to go on the run and into hiding.  He is without any $ or resources.  He has the clothes on his back and his lightsaber.  He lives on the street, learns humility and defends those in need.  He becomes known as the "Street Angel."  His garish saber becomes scarred from battle and he is forced to scavenge for parts to repair it.

This saber is so ugly I love it. ;-)  Thanks to those who offered help. Kudos to Cardcollector for insisting I use the relay/resistor to get the best brightness from my LED.

And along overdue belated thanks to Master Jedye for hims dremel fu tutorials and advice.  I've alooong way to go there!

"Graffias" is Latin for Claws.  It is also a blue-white star in the Scorpius constellation. 

Pics:

Lights are actually on in the room for this shot:
Jedi Ronin.  No Master, save the Force.

retrousse