fiduciary

Author Topic: Evolution Arms (Formerly ACGCustomSabers) Services and Build Log *Now Open*  (Read 34606 times)

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
Re: ACGCustomSabers Services and Build Log *Now Open*
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2013, 08:24:03 PM »
Sent you a PM.

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2013, 09:20:17 AM »
Replied and added. 

Also, I'll be posting a new shop vid in this thread very soon to show off exactly what capabilities I have now.  I'm currently installing the latest piece to the shop and it is going to increase my capabilities immensely. 

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2013, 09:46:50 AM »
updated. 

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2013, 06:14:50 AM »
Updated.  those who have sent email and pm inquiries, I'll try to get them answered before I leave for the weekend, but I might not get to them before monday. 

Build logs to be posted soon:
DL-44 for JYN
Awesomesauce install

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2013, 04:13:18 PM »
Updated and an announcement.  I'll be out of town from wednesday 7/3 through sunday 7/7. 

I'm done with the awesomesauce installs, and there's a vid uploading now.  I'll post that build log and the DL-44 tomorrow. 

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013, 12:58:19 PM »
added a new log of when I empty my pm box in the second post.  it fills up faster than I can empty it and this is just a way for everyone to know when I've last emptied it.  If anyone ever needs to reach me and cannot get through, check the list to see if I've emptied my box (typically I don't realize it's full until a few minutes after I send a pm, which is usually enough time for someone to respond) and then feel free to post here reminding me that my box is full. 

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2013, 07:51:42 AM »
Updated and pm box emptied.  didn't realize it was full till just now

Also, I'll be taking the day off today as it's my birthday.  Work will resume tomorrow
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 08:53:29 AM by Alex Gordon »

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2013, 09:02:58 AM »
Updated and pm box emptied.  didn't realize it was full till just now

Also, I'll be taking the day off today as it's my birthday.  Work will resume tomorrow

Happy birthday, Alex! Enjoy your day off, I know they are rare for you sabersmiths ;) I just celebrated my birthday on Friday! July birthdays are only for the best people hehehhheh  8)

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2013, 11:27:47 AM »
Happy birthday!

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2013, 07:25:04 AM »
I've been due for an update here for quite a while.  The dl-44 that's currently on the bench has taken an insane amount of time.  It's very near to completion (don't want to say how near for fear of the voodoo taking over) and I should be moving right along the build log after that.  I've gotten quite a few requests for builds, and as each client confirms the project, I'll add them to the list in the order that I'll be tackling them. 

Obviously, after a 3 month build, I'm gonna need a break from big projects.  So, I may jump around a little bit to some smaller projects before hitting another big one. 

As most of you probably know, I'm a 3rd year Mechanical Engineering student, so school is taking up a lot of my time, and pretty much forcing me to build only on the weekends with larger projects, which cause things to get backed up.  Things are going really well with school (for once) but it's still taking up most of my free time. 

@Enaswede: the end is finally in sight.  Expect a few emails throughout the day with more progress pics. 

EDIT:

There has also been some confusion about the  *customer supplied boards only* line in my services list.  I'll think up a better way to word that when I get some time later on, but basically, if it's in stock at plecterlabs, I can order a CF for your build at cost.  I've also been known to occasionally use a CF out of my personal stock for a build if the project that the CF was for wouldn't be built prior to a restock at plecterlabs. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:33:48 AM by Alex Gordon »

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2013, 04:16:15 PM »
Updated. 

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2013, 12:28:37 PM »
Sorry I have been so quiet lately guys.  It's been xxx with school.  12 exams in the last 7 weeks, plus finals start this friday (I have 1 early and 4 next week). 

That said, Roguejedi, your saber is done. 
Clark kent, your saber is being wrapped up tonight
Mkadvil, I got your pm, no problem. 
Aginor, still waiting on a few things for your build.

I'm done with school on the 13th, after which I'm sure I'll be playing a long night of COD.  The following week, I'll finally be able to sit down and work for more than 3 hours at a time.  The ideal time for builds would be between december 14th and january 14th, so if anyone wants a build done, that's the time to do it.  I'm hoping next semester won't be as difficult either. 

And unfortunately, my lathe seems to be on it's last leg.  It's getting bogged down under normal operations and it starts to fluctuate when I turn it on most of the time.  Looks like I'll be forced to upgrade to the bigger one sooner than I had hoped. 

Build log updated

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 12:41:32 PM by Alex Gordon »

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2014, 05:54:11 AM »
Just so everyone is on the same page, Alex Gordon is now ANAKIN SKYWALKER.  There was an announcement posted, but I want to post it here as well to avoid any possible confusion. 

Thanks everyone!

Offline dgdve

• Force User
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2014, 06:54:47 AM »
This day has been a long time coming. So proud of you boy! (Maybe a "formerly known as" in your profile and I'd say your as good as golden!)

I did post a congrats in the fx thread but allow me to say it again here.. Huge Congrats!!

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2014, 06:49:22 PM »
updated.  I'm fully back in the swing of things.  It took me a while, but I guess I was just worn out with star wars stuff for the last 6ish months.  Didn't help that I've had big project after big project lined up with no breaks in between for some easier ones.  Aside from the occasional interruption from school and family (you know, the important stuff), I expect things to move much faster and more smoothly from this point on. 

Finished my e-11 last weekend (well, really monday afternoon I guess), and I've got #2 on the bench.  I probably won't be doing any more e-11s after I finish enaswede's.  They are just too much work, and to be fairly compensated for ~36 hours of labor (much more for a demilled base like mine was) would just be an insane amount of money, and I don't feel comfortable charging that much for a prop.  A run doesn't seem feasible given the cost of these, but it would be the only way I'd do more going forward.  Same goes for the dl-44's.  I'll continue to do those, but one at a time is a huge pain.  I'd much rather do them in batches of 5's.  So if you want one of those going forward, don't hesitate to ask, but I won't move forward until I have around 5 interested parties.  I'd have to hunt for parts on those now as blas-tech stopped selling theirs. 

Expect a vid and some glams over the weekend.  If I can stop playing with it for long enough to shoot the vid, lol.   It's definitely going to be a centerpiece of my colection. 

retrousse