fiduciary

Author Topic: Hello everyone! Building my first custom-ish saber  (Read 499 times)

Offline ChrisFields

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Hello everyone! Building my first custom-ish saber
« on: April 07, 2020, 07:29:41 AM »
Hello all! Glad I found this forum. I've had a few years experience with ultra sabers and saberforge sabers, and building them, switched electronics around, etc. But recently got back into the hobby and found the custom saber shop and this forum. Working on building a custom-ish saber now for myself based on some TCSS parts as a base and making a few fully custom parts on top.

Alittle about myself. I'm an aerospace engineer working for mil and nasa contractor work, mechanical and systems. I also own a side business making authentic swords and daggers for museums, theater, film, martial artists, etc. Each piece I make is based on the numerous examples I've been able to study in europe, the UK, and here in the US.

Looking forward to learning a lot here!

Offline etcstevebruce

• No Force
Re: Hello everyone! Building my first custom-ish saber
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 11:07:25 PM »
Hey, Chris!
How did that saber build go for you?  Post a few pics if you feel like showing it off.

I only found out that saber-smithing was a thing in January of this year.  Since then I started doing some research, buying some parts, and building some sabers.  The fist few I built were with parts from Ebay and The Custom Saber shop.  Then I started going off and making some of my own parts, and even built two lightsabers from scratch.  I have a background in electronics and soldering with the navy, but this is much more fun than any of that, lol!

Anyway, there are a lot of us "budding" saber-makers out here who would love to see some of your finished products.  And welcome to the forum!

Steve
A U.S. Navy submarine Electronics Technician turned lightsaber enthusiast!

retrousse