fiduciary

Author Topic: custom Prophecy V1  (Read 10469 times)

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
custom Prophecy V1
« on: July 02, 2010, 07:23:39 AM »
I present Prophecy Fulfilled (corny I know but its fitting), my US prophecy V1.

I have had the parts just sitting around for a long time waiting for me to clear PC the hilt.  I had to clear some parts for a customers and didn't want to experiment on his parts so I figured I would go ahead and experiment on my Prophecy.  I am glad I did because I made a minor mistake on the Prophecy (build up of clear at the tip of the emitter) that I corrected on the customers part.  I also scratched the clear by the green LED.  I am not worried about these flaws because its a play saber and one that I will use often.  If it were a display piece only I would have re-done them or got frustrated and put it back on the shelf to wait for me to mess with it again.

Originally I was going to build a chassis for it but scrapped that idea and decided to go for long run time with the 18650 batteries.  The chassis would have been nice but for a play saber I figured run time was more important.

First the specs:
-US 2.5
-2x18650 AW Li Ion batteries
-Lux V blue main LED
-functional green and red accent LEDs
-Soundtraxx mega bass 27mm speaker (deeper speaker but smaller around)
-custom made box
-custom tactile switch
-1.3mm recharge port
-custom kill key
-TCSS aluminum thumb screw for blade retention screw.  I powder coated it trans red
-TCSS large thumb screw in place of covertec wheel.  I was just gonna put a set screw to cover the hole (I don't wear it on a belt) but didn't have one that size so I stuck the thumb screw in with some washers and liked how it looked so it stayed.
-blade plug I threw together from hard drive parts and a crystal
-Stand by Halon customs though its my every saber show stand.  I may get him to develop a custom one just for the Prophecy.

Anyway on with the pics (click for larger view) and vid:

Video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3S_bjdJasc

Here you can see the custom kill key and button

Here you can see the recharge port with the kill key removed

Here is the custom slug I had made and I drilled for sound

« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 07:28:00 AM by MH »

Offline wookieecrisp

• Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee Win!
Re: custom Prophecy V1
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 07:28:58 AM »
That looks great! It's still amazing what people can do with an Ultrasaber.

Offline Darth Xusia

• Master Force User
  • "quit cher whinin' and just build some sabers"
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 07:29:18 AM »
Man I like this saber! 2 18650's AND a US v2.5? WOW....
Great job.
Thank you Photobucket for the best Sig ever!

Offline Darksaber 3

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 07:31:29 AM »
I like it.. But one question is, the switch? Have you thought about putting a bubble strip in there, and a micro switch? Just a thought, it would look almost like a perfect AOTC saber. Although, since its a fun saber, I understand that isn't a big deal. and either way, it looks GREAT.

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 07:50:06 AM »
Thanks everyone

I like it.. But one question is, the switch? Have you thought about putting a bubble strip in there, and a micro switch? Just a thought, it would look almost like a perfect AOTC saber. Although, since its a fun saber, I understand that isn't a big deal. and either way, it looks GREAT.

no I don't like the look of bubble strips (unless I am going for a movie saber).

This is not in any means supposed to be a Anakin clone.  I realize it looks similar because you cant avoid that being the Prophecy is modeled to be similar but that was not my goal at all.  I am getting the tridcloudwalker Anakin for my movie accurate saber.  I actually tried a different PC at first to make it even more different (solar rain) but I didn't like the look so I went back to black.  I changed up the emitter area thumb screws and put the unique box and switch set up to help make it less like the Anakin though.

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 09:47:10 AM »
Looks fantastic. I love how shiny it is. Can't wait to see what you can do to mine. 8)

Offline Darksaber 3

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 11:28:49 AM »
Yeah, I get that... I like hte bubble strips personally and just had wondered if you had thought about that, but I totally get where you are coming from. And again, it's great this way.

Offline vulcan fox

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 03:15:57 PM »
looks fantastic and sounds great......... picked some soundtraxx speakers a few months ago.......  2 18650s ??? are they side by side or end to end ????????

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 03:45:53 PM »
thanks

vulcan fox-they are end to end.  You can barely fit two 14500s side by side in this hilt (and you cant in the middle section).

Offline enaswede

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 10:54:51 PM »
As always, PERFECTION!!! It looks like you added one of the new black buttons from TCSS on the handle... are you going to replace that with a covertec knob so it can be worn at all times on your belt. If not your little padawans might try and take it from Daddy's sock drawer before they are ready?

"When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master!"
Click here to view my personal lightsaber & blaster collection!

Offline vulcan fox

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 12:56:59 PM »
cheers MH---- that really is a nice piece of work, shiney and black works for me

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 01:40:35 PM »
That's one really sweet looking Prophecy, MH!  I love what you've done with it ;D.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Jedi Exile

• Experienced Force User
  • I once wore the robes...
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 02:05:57 PM »
What kind of run times are you getting with those two 18650's?
Member of the Lost 10

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 04:33:50 PM »
Thanks everyone,

As always, PERFECTION!!! It looks like you added one of the new black buttons from TCSS on the handle... are you going to replace that with a covertec knob so it can be worn at all times on your belt. If not your little padawans might try and take it from Daddy's sock drawer before they are ready?

Thanks, LOL yeah I gotta watch them.  They are content with their own though :).  I decided to keep the thumb screw over a covertec wheel.  It looks similar but is smaller and I actually think it would work in a covertec clip (though I don't have one to try).

What kind of run times are you getting with those two 18650's?
I am not sure yet.  They are AW 2600mah models though so they should be really good.  I have yet to recharge it but I have only had it running a little here and there.

Offline Green Ranger

• Formerly known as Darth Payne
  • Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 10:48:41 PM »
Now I am not a Anakin AOTC fan by any stretch. But that my good sir, looks GOOD. Good job! 8)

retrousse