fiduciary

Author Topic: To buy or not to buy the Anakin ROTS LE? + found some rare LE's online  (Read 13032 times)

Offline Luis88

• Master Force User
I recently purchased the Luke V2 LE for what I believe to an amazing price $USD337+Free shipping to Australia which comes to $AUD306.81.

Now I want the Anakin ROTS, it's probably my favourite saber due to it's role in the saga and especially rots. I bought one that was used and unfortunatly the saber was scratched, chipped and the mirror case was shattered so luckily it was only a local seller and i returned it in person to get a full refund. I also thought once i got it..."wow i wasted my money it's very simular to my FORCE FX removable Blade" (i display mine without the blade).

Now that i returned it  and was happy i was able to since i thought i wasted my money since i have a force fx, i have this burning urge to buy another Ani LE brand new. I'm trying to shake these feelings but i can't. i love this saber but i can only find one for $399 + $80 for shipping that is brand new and sealed.

Should I buy it, Is it really worth it?
Anyone know of any stores that still sell LE's for cheaper than $400? I only know of Brians Toys.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 08:03:05 PM by Luis88 »

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Hey there,
xxx that's a steal for the Luke rotj v2, I've literally been looking frantically everywhere for over a week to get one with no luck :( i also live in Australia so I know how much the $80+ shipping sucks.
There is actually a member on here that is selling the anakin: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=31955.0 you won't beat that price! You can then buy the case separately if you feel like you want it. All the le's seem amazing, and I hope I can get hold of the rotj Luke v2!

Did you get the Luke rotj v2 off eBay, or possibly somewhere else where there is still one available? I'm guessing eBay though, what a find! Oh, and if you wanted the yoda le, look around because you can find it for almost half the price of $400 that you linked to.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:01:14 AM by Dave316 »

Offline Luis88

• Master Force User
hey another aussie on the forums, thats awesome!

I spent many hours looking online for it online. i got it from northside collectibles (http://www.nsidecollectibles.com). I had the brians toys one on best offer from ebay when i found it. Luckily for me brians toys declined my offer, came up with some pathetic excuse like "we only have a few left so we wont be doing any best offers we will only be selling it for the full amount". That hurt because only 2 months earlier they counter offered me $315 which sounds great too but they're greedy and want to make the most profit BUT it looks like ill be forced to go through them for my anakin if i want it brand new. On amazon brians toys are selling it for 350 so see if it's still there. The only other advice i can give you is keeping searching for it on google. "BUY luke V2" or "add to cart Luke Skywalker V2". I found one store with every LE still available only they sell all their for $900 a piece, a little too much for an LE.

Theres an australian site selling a new signature edition Luke V2 for just $AUD 1,095 + shipping.
http://www.sagacentral.com.au/content_common/pc-master-replicas-limited-edition.seo

Offline Paul Lanski

• Master Force User
  • facebook.com/adrigraphics
are there other stores with LE's still available?

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Thanks for the reply! Yeah brianstoys did the same thing to me on eBay! Counter offered and then went back on it, grr. With the amazon one, I thought they didn't ship to Australia at all? That site you got it from doesn't seem to have it anymore :( thanks for the advice, I may just have ti buy it through brianstoys store, is all their stuff like that sealed in box? It doesn't really say... You should get the anakin, you only live once, and it's an awesome saber!

Offline Luis88

• Master Force User
yeah there are a few other stores but it all depends on how much you're willing to pay.

Qui Gon Jinn $250+ (ebay various websites and amazon) http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=222860761&listingid=147332972

yoda from ROTS $US199 (Brians Toys)

Yoda AOTC $499 (Brianstoys)

Obi-Wan Kenobi TPM $US749.99 (Brians Toys)

Luke Skywalker V2 $399.99 (Brians Toys)

Luke V2 SE $1,095 Australian (Saga central australia)

ALL USED IN GOOD CONDITION Anakin AOTC, Darth Maul, Luke ESB, Yoda, Vader ANH, Darth Sidious $US400-$575(maul)
@ http://www.cellulargiant.com

EFX Ashoka tano $AUD650 (saga cental) http://www.sagacentral.com.au/content_common/pr-star-wars-efx-collectibles_star-wars-clone-wars-ahsoka-tano-lightsaber-le.seo

google is your friend!

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Ah, screw it. I just did it! Bought the Luke mr rotj v2 le from brianstoys for $481 including shipping from US. I just had to have it, and was worried it would be gone from there too as literally every place I've looked this last week are now all gone that had it except for the $500+ places. Now I'm feeling like I hope I've done the right thing about getting it, and almost second guessing it...

Offline Luis88

• Master Force User
Hey dave,

North side only had one in stock when I purchased it, and I only bought it less than 2 weeks ago. I check for LE's on a daily basis and that item wasnt there 3 weeks ago so it must of been on clearance because it was %15 off with free shipping. People find stock in their warehouses and just sell it to clear.

I'm sure amazon ship internationally because ive seen a shipping chart with the Luke V2 but i may be wrong. Try buy it, put in your details and if it cant be shipped it won't let you complete the transaction because it will want an address.

Found one for $AUD374 + free shipping. I will PM you the link.

Offline MasterRoyce

• Padawan Learner
  • You will Try!
Re: To buy or not to buy the Anakin ROTS LE? + found some rare LE's online
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 12:34:30 AM »
Thanks luis I have been looking for some of the sabers listed. Your right google is your friend, and so r u! LOL.
I;ll let u know if I find a saber from one of those stores.

Offline Luis88

• Master Force User
Re: To buy or not to buy the Anakin ROTS LE? + found some rare LE's online
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 02:58:47 AM »
glad i could help. did you buy any of those sabers I listed?

retrousse