fiduciary

Author Topic: NOT MINE EBAY $390 buy it now parks El obi won tpm with cyan led  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Big Boss

• Formerly known as phophjoph
  • Master Force User
  • there is only room for one Snake and one Big Boss

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."-The Boss

"Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath"-Michael Caine

Offline Chowser

• Master Force User
  • Greetings Program!
Re: NOT MINE EBAY $390 buy it now parks El obi won tpm with cyan led
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 09:26:21 PM »
Does xwingband know this guy is using his videos?  Are you allowed to link someone else's videos for your auctions??

Offline xwingband

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 05:55:22 AM »
Thanks for informing me chowser.

This guy didn't ask me for use of the video.  I'm not terribly hurt though... he's not claiming it's my work.  As he stated it's just an example of what can be done.  The problem is an uninformed buyer may get confused, and he certainly isn't the authority.  That is NOT the same hilt.  I can tell it's a phase blade hilt not the more favorable EL hilts.

He should have just said who he bought it from.

I'll figure out an official response later today.  Does anyone know if youtube has a way of telling me where I'm getting linked to?  I don't want to disable it as I use it instead of hosting my own video, but having a list would be nice and if nothing else amuzing to see.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 07:58:59 AM »
You can report it to ebay. It's basically stealing photos.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Avvatar

• Boots Buttered Toast to AWESOME
  • Experienced Force User
  • Making CF boot's like a mad man...
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 08:59:16 AM »
You can report it to ebay. It's basically stealing photos.

Yup, report him to ebay customer service. Ive done that several times and they inform the person that they violated the ebay pics/text/videos rules and take there auction down.

The guy will then have to relist using an ebay approved format.

Offline xwingband

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 10:22:06 AM »
I don't really feel it needs to be taken down.  He's obviously not a sabersmith trying to make money off my work.  He's just Joe Blow who wanted some visuals to help his auction.

I will not use ebay against others in the hobby like certain other sabersmiths.  >:(

I will likely ask him to edit the auction to clarify it is not my product, or indicative of the work you will be receiving.  I feel that's fair.

Offline Master Dai Bendu

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 10:57:39 AM »
Very classy X-wing. I like the approach you are taking.

Offline wookieecrisp

• Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee Win!
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 04:29:06 PM »
I don't really feel it needs to be taken down.  He's obviously not a sabersmith trying to make money off my work.  He's just Joe Blow who wanted some visuals to help his auction.

I will not use ebay against others in the hobby like certain other sabersmiths.  >:(

I will likely ask him to edit the auction to clarify it is not my product, or indicative of the work you will be receiving.  I feel that's fair.

I will forever look up to you.  ;) ;)

Offline xwingband

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 06:20:37 PM »
All is cool.  He added a disclaimer as I asked.  Turns out I had an unanswered message from him on youtube about some work and general info.

He's pretty close to me too, Jacksonville.  Hopefully he'll get into the hobby more as I've sent him some good links. :)

Offline Goodman

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 10:58:24 AM »
'Looks like the saber that Gil Gamesh built...(the FX-forumite, not the Mesapotamian hero ;))

..."Cyan", "Parks Phase", "no sound", converted then "sold on eBay", .... 'Matches all Gil Gamesh's criteria for his saber a couple months ago. It's a very nice saber either way. I'm surprised no one has bought it yet.

Classy approach indeed, Xwing!
**I AM RETIRED from saber commission building**

retrousse