fiduciary

Author Topic: HOLOPROJECTORS Real VS. Props  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Jedi_Corellian

• Experienced Force User
  • There must be a balance between light and dark...
    • Kerwin Kels Productions
HOLOPROJECTORS Real VS. Props
« on: February 07, 2019, 02:16:44 AM »
Hey Community!

It's been a while "sense" I've been here but just wondering how to produce a real, functional Holoprojector.

Any ideas on where to find materials, resources or outsources for this project? I'm hoping to have my officially created character
completed, with all accessories included, by this year. Old Republic Era

Thanks with any advice or help anyone can give, it will truly help a great deal!

-Mikkel

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
    • Universal Saber Library
Re: HOLOPROJECTORS Real VS. Props
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 07:53:18 PM »
You might have better luck trying this question on the Arduino forum. There are plenty of smart folks on this forum for sure, but the size Arduino community severely dwarfs that of this niche hobby.

With that said, I'd sure like to see what you come up with when your project is complete!

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 06:17:27 AM »
It depends on how you define "real" and "functional." I've seen small, 3 dimensional, holographic displays that are little more than some cut plastic and a phone. That we years ago and miles away, but I believe YouTube would yield joy with the proper key words.

Offline Jedi_Corellian

• Experienced Force User
  • There must be a balance between light and dark...
    • Kerwin Kels Productions
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 10:43:28 PM »
Much appreciate the insight Jake and jb! I'm thinking, to have something that may project a real 3D image for the holoprojector. I did look at some vids on YouTube but most of the ones seen are the ones using your cellphone, downloading a holographic app and using a prism to project the image. More research, I'll have to do.

All the best guys!

retrousse