fiduciary

Author Topic: true lightsaber  (Read 7189 times)

Offline HolyJedi

• Force User
true lightsaber
« on: August 28, 2007, 08:51:56 PM »
Hey when are the companies and saber makers going to make a lightsaber with a white core and color hue on the side.

Offline HolyJedi

• Force User
Re: true lightsaber
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 11:14:17 PM »
ive seen a hyperdyne saber at c4 and it was as bright as a mr stock obi just my pov maybe i should have seen it in the dark

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 03:33:38 AM »
Not quite sure what you are looking for here but a Corbin blade from TCSS has a laser like core that might be what you are referring to.

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 04:57:34 AM »
agreed....corbin material is probably the closest thing to what you are looking for. well, for now anyways
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 05:05:16 AM »
ive seen a hyperdyne saber at c4 and it was as bright as a mr stock obi just my pov maybe i should have seen it in the dark

Huh?

Was the hyper in broad daylight?  From all the reviews I have seen and read a hyper is as bright as you can get for now.  I could see a hyper in daylight being as bright as a stock MR was in the dark.  An MR in daylight is very dim.

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 05:29:30 AM »
The hyper blades are very bright.  I'm not sure where you would have been viewing the blade for it to be as bright as a stock MR.  The hyper should be MUCH brighter than a stock MR.

Like the others said, were you viewing this during the light of day?

Offline HolyJedi

• Force User
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 07:37:29 AM »
yeah it was during the daytime didn't look very bright but this i tell you i saw a red hyperdyne from like 100 feet away and said omg thats bright got closer and he say he had to recharge the cells so yeah hyperdynes are bright from afar

Offline GRAND MOFF TARKIN

• formerly pianoman/Admiral Piett
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Fear will keep them in line...
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 07:53:24 AM »
FYI, if anybody came up with a bright enough blade that it had a white core....It would burn your eyes right out of your head. Im being completly serious. Ever seen somebody welding? It has a blue off throw of light yet a white core.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 09:10:11 AM »
The Admiral is correct!  I work around hundreds of welding robots every day,  and if you could get a saber that bright,   you'd be blinded  by looking at it.  The best way to simulate the white core effect is with a double wrap of Corbin's diffuser from TCSS.

Offline HolyJedi

• Force User
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 05:42:06 PM »
but the thing is, what if lightsabers did really exist, i mean the plasma sabers that are made of glass are pretty bright, i saw this ultrasaber darth maul saber and man it hurt my eyes. But i don't think it'll blind ya but i see your poiint, the sun has the same effect, a white core it'll blind ya for good.  :o 

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 05:27:02 AM »
The tech to make real sabers isent acheavable in our life time, do to materals and elaments and the sort.

But I knwo what hes talking about. He wants that movie blade look of the blade being white and the colored outer blade glow.

Which you can sorta get with a thinwalled blade lightly sanded on the inside and corbin film over ultra style film inside the blade.

I liked the effect but dident like how ultras film turned out after a month or so.

Its attract so much static I couldent keep it clean after I spent a month getting as clean as I could.

If theres a film material that does the same effect as ultras or celophain gift wrap stuff that dosent sttract static then I will try it. till then Iam just gonna use my double wrap of corbins film.

Iam still waiting for tim to get a nylon style diffuser tube for the thin walled blades. Cause I do like it but it just needed a little bit more to stand out more. and some blade sanding a bit will give that effect.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 06:28:56 AM »
The tech to make real sabers isent acheavable in our life time, do to materals and elaments and the sort.

That's what people in 1899 said about space and the moon as they drove in theie horse and buggies.  Yet they saw the automobile, the airplane, and men on the moon.  I do agree that it is unlikely but you never know.  The one thing I do know for sure is if they do make one I won't be anywhere near it, as I like having arms and legs. lol

Offline HolyJedi

• Force User
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 10:29:49 AM »
but the thing is, what if lightsabers did really exist, i mean the plasma sabers that are made of glass are pretty bright, i saw this ultrasaber darth maul saber and man it hurt my eyes. But i don't think it'll blind ya but i see your poiint, the sun has the same effect, a white core it'll blind ya for good.  :o 

then wouldn't it blind all of the jedi and sith, i mean they're eyes are right next to the darn thing, don't know if they'd look directly at it lol . Wouldn't it blind them in the sw universe

Offline GRAND MOFF TARKIN

• formerly pianoman/Admiral Piett
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Fear will keep them in line...
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 10:49:30 AM »
That is correct, atleast with the tech we have in todays world.

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 10:55:14 AM »
Yeah I get what your saying, but back in 1899 they dident have the materials and resoruces in there life time, They finally went to the moon in what the 50s or something like that?

Maybe in 100 years there will be the resources and such but again in 100 years thats our lifetime gone.

retrousse