fiduciary

Author Topic: Luke Skywalker (Empire Strikes Back) Blue 3W Lux review, Saber by JSS.  (Read 15643 times)

Offline TheNewWinduMaster

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
I recieved my Lux sabers from the infamous JSS today. I am extremely impressed with his work, and would get more conversions from him in a heartbeat.

Now, for the review I took 3 hours to write!!!!:

Luke Skywalker (2004) Luxeon Blue 3W Lightsaber done by JSS!

"He told me enough... he told me YOU killed him!"

"No Luke, I am your father."

Luke Skywalker is the son of the twisted Anakin Skywalker. He recieved his father's "modified lightsaber" in Star Wars: A New Hope, and modified it even more in The Empire Strikes Back. Master Replicas did an incredible job of making the Luke Skywalker Force FX lightsaber from ESB. A perfect blue blade, but one flaw clouded my future. Being delicate.

That is where the amazing Jedi Saber Smith (JSS) came in. I sent my Luke and Vader ESB to him to be converted into a Luxeon saber. Not only did JSS do an amazing job, but the blade is even more durable than I thought it would be. It's super tight when the set screw is tightened. I had a duel with it and no problems whatsoever. I then put it on display to see it's amazing beauty. I then spent some time polishing it up the best I could with the highest quality Mother's Metal Polish.

The hilt is a beauty on it's own. I like the larger handle than the original, and the slightly smaller LED circuit board. I think it makes the saber look a lot more balanced. The hilt is of a true Jedi, Master Luke Skywalker. The Graflex handle is a small bit shinier and "chromier" than the rest of the hilt. I like the look, and I think that also helps balance everything out. The bunny ears seems like a great addition, and the 2 red buttons add style and creativity to the saber. The small little bronze color screws are also a cool addition. I also loved carrying around the hilt just by itself with no blade. It's not overly large, but a perfect look. I really like how absolutly nothing at all was damaged during the conversion. I give the hilt again, 9.5/10.

As you can see, I polished it very well in my opinion. I used a lot of polish up though.

The blade is as blue and bright and sturdy as a Luxeon can get. I'm talking bright as Obi Wan with almost NO bulb effect (I'm serious, like virtually none). A beautiful blue that matches the movie almost perfectly. What really strikes me fancy is how even the blade is lit. It almost seems that it isn't a Luxeon, and JSS did a beautiful job on it.  I like it so much because there is no dark spots, and it is super durable. The blade easily came off after using a 3/32 allen wrench to untighten the set screw. When it's tight, that blade doesen't move anywhere. High quality conversion by JSS. As you all know, the sounds still work just as perfect as before. And I still can't get over the brilliant bright blue blade, so I will show you what I mean. (Pics don't do justice):

HIGH room Light:

Normal Room light:

Darkness:

Overall, 10/10 on the saber and conversion. My lightsaber dreams are complete. A perfectly duelable, super bright and removeable blade Luke ESB Luxeon.

100% JSS for the conversion, and I highly reccomend going through him for conversions. Not only was he curtious, he responded to all of my questions in a timely fashion. A+!

"The abilitiy to destroy a planet is insignificant to the power of the force."- Sith Lord Darth Vader, Ep IV

"When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master."- Sith lord Darth Vader, Ep IV.

"In the name of the Imperial Galactic Senate, you are under arrest."- Jedi Master Mace Windu, Ep III

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
Re: Luke Skywalker (Empire Strikes Back) Blue 3W Lux review, Saber by JSS.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 06:46:20 PM »
Looks great! Awesome review!

Nothing Is Impossible

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 06:48:28 PM »
Thank you Dark Skywalker! This Luxeon is absolutly fantastic!
"The abilitiy to destroy a planet is insignificant to the power of the force."- Sith Lord Darth Vader, Ep IV

"When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master."- Sith lord Darth Vader, Ep IV.

"In the name of the Imperial Galactic Senate, you are under arrest."- Jedi Master Mace Windu, Ep III

Offline Equinox

• Experienced Force User
  • An Elegant Weapon From A More Civilized Age.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 08:33:13 PM »
Im glad you like it.  Have fun with them!   :)

Offline SAESEE TIIN

• Formerly known as Lazbum
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I wish I had quotes as cool as Admiral Ackbar!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 09:30:25 PM »
Nice review.  I'm tempted to get my ESB converted now... but I'd have to find another one to at least save with the led strip.  I can't wait for my next luxeon from JSS, he definitely does do top notch work.

Thanks to Darth Nerdold for the sig!
Proud Owner of a Graflex V from Yoda!

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 01:44:25 AM »
Nic review, TheNewWinduMaster.  ;)
The ESB is one of my favourite looking hilts, and the addition of the Lux blade makes it even sweeter.  ;)

Offline DarthArn

• Master Force User
  • They'll do their job. I guarantee that...
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 04:06:27 AM »
Cool. I cant wait to get mine converted JSS. Ultra costs too much.

- Custom Saber Shop Luxeon
-UltraFX Luxeon

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 04:44:12 AM »
He does cost to much for what the Luke ESB model or in general, I have seen average price of 75.00 for the converison
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 06:49:28 AM »
Whatever the conversion cost is for the Luke ESB I suggest you do it. We all know how fragile it is. I can't believe how tightly the blade is in place on this one. When I screw the set screw in super tightly, this blade is so tight on the hilt I went full force dueling and had absolutly no problems. Plus he put in an aluminum blade holder, so the blade isn't going anywhere!

I love the hilt by itself, and with a Lux it's perfect. PERFECT. I will be doing a review of the Vader ESB Luxeon soon.

PS: I went full force dueling with my Vader and Luke Luxeons last night. Another teacher Mr. Coley and I reinacted the Vader and Luke fight, except faster and harder.

I will be making a video of these 2 Luxeons later on today. My wife is still sleeping and if I turn them on, she'll get annoyed and angry.

Offline Starkiller-x

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 05:31:18 AM »
I would love to see review / pics of your ESB Vader.

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 07:42:40 PM »
Soon my padawan, soon. :D

I am so busy now. I gave my students their first test and it seems like these papers are taking forever to grade!

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 08:04:54 PM »
JSS, how did you get the blade so evenly lit?

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Equinox

• Experienced Force User
  • An Elegant Weapon From A More Civilized Age.
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 12:57:28 AM »
Magic

Offline vivan_cygna

• formerly known as Vivan Cygna
  • Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 02:00:02 AM »
Hahaha... a company secret it is  ;D
Eat all the bacon!

Offline sycor

• Master Force User
  • Um...Hello?
    • Soylent-Red
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 04:48:52 AM »
Just out of curiousity, how much doe a conversion cost?

retrousse