fiduciary

Author Topic: Igniter Mini(TM) available to ALL!!!!  (Read 9449 times)

Offline naigon

• Board Moderator
  • Experienced Force User
  • Naigon's Electronic Creations
    • SaberIgniter.com
Igniter Mini(TM) available to ALL!!!!
« on: August 29, 2013, 12:38:20 PM »

Judge me by my size do you, hmm?

Igniter Mini(TM) is now available to all
Master Footman and I are thrilled to announce that today that Naigon's Electronic Creations is offering Igniter Mini(TM) to the public! When Igniter Mini(TM) was rolled out at the beginning of the year I sent it to smiths only to all them to test and see what they wanted from the board. That feedback was incorporated into this new hardware revision, rev1.1. The main changes in rev1.1 are the following:

• Mini now supports a fourth die or fourth driver. It is sort of a combination of the Flash- and Crystal pad from Igniter(TM)
    • Mini supports full RGBA/RGBW/RGBX mixing even for the blade color, unlike Igniter(TM) which only only allowed the Flash- to be used for the flash effects.
    • Mini now supports 8 accent LEDs as an advanced feature (5 of the pads are small and on the middle of the bottom of the board)

Of course the other obvious change is that the classic Igniter(TM) red is back! (yes it doesn't really do anything, but for some reason I love the red color!)

From today forward, everyone can have the power of Igniter(TM) in a board that is only 1.75"x.93"x.18", and only needs one 18650 or 18500 to run. This will open up amazing features to small sabers where these features would never have been possible before.

Video
Here's a video that @industrialaction did a while back on the Mini. I didn't do a specific video for this release as not much has really changed.
Igniter Mini(TM) in action.

Price
The price of this board is set at an amazing $150! Small board, small price, huge features. What more could you ask for?

Spark(TM)
Spark has also been upgraded to the new red PCB, though no real features have been added. However, to further pass on value to the customer I've reduced the overall price of Spark(TM) to $99! Holy smokes a board with great features for less than $100 USD! Well you can thank Master Footman for that one, because he told me that the customers have been so great they should get a nice reward (actually he said "ruff uff rrrr ruf-ruf", but fortunately I speak Puganese :p)

What about Igniter(TM)?
Due to the cost and complexity of the board, it has been dropped from NEC's lineup of regular products. However, it is still fully supported for upgrades, repairs and replacements, and you may see a few for sale from time to time if I feel like building up a few more. It definitely paved the way for high-end board features and its legacy will surely live on. Contact me if you have any more specific questions regarding it.

I need it!
To get the new boards, simple navigate to Igniter? - Naigon's Electronic Creations. Boards are currently stocked and are ready to go!

Thanks everyone for the continued support, I hope this will help to shine a light in your day. Godspeed, and MTFBWY!
Naigon
Igniter developer/creater - my site is in my profile!
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=29490.0

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
Re: Igniter Mini(TM) available to ALL!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 12:40:46 PM »
Whooo! It is about time ;)

I've been playing with the new boards for some time. Hopefully tonight I can get a video done showing off all three boards together. In the mean time, my YouTube channel has Igniter Miniâ„¢ videos if anyone wants to see it in action again (the Epoch Naigon posted below and my OR QGJ)

I can't wait to mess around with FOUR color die mixing. That's just nuts!

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 01:08:42 PM »
I've been looking forward to this.  The new boards look just plain awesome Naigon.  Very cool.  I know the public has been wanting to get their hands on these and I'm glad it's finally available.

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline Xene

• Master Force User
  • Sup?
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 01:35:58 PM »
Awesome, just awesome :D
"What I lack in finesse I more than make up for in blanket ruination.."

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 01:38:14 PM »
Here's my first order, haha

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 02:23:10 PM »
A top-tier board at a mid-range price with the footprint of a single cell solution?

This is the best news I have had all day.
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline Arryck Corso

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 02:44:32 PM »
Congratulations on this naigon.  I know I myself am excited to hear this news and can't wait to give the Spark a test drive in my next build!!  :))  And then it'll be the Mini's turn.

The question isn't who is going to let me;  It's who is going to stop me!

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 11:17:04 PM »
I finally got my first "big boy" custom saber w/ an igniter- I never thought I'd need 9 fonts and all those blade colors, but it really tops it off.  $150 is a freaking bargain. 

Offline Turgon

• Master Force User
  • Epic Bear sez " Can I haz two?"
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 12:10:27 AM »
So is the Mini a step UP from the regular igniter?  A step sideways? Or a step down?

I've broken Juggers in half, smashed their bones, left the ground behind me wet with brains. There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

Offline Darth Ryô

• Experienced Force User
  • Glory of the Hunt
    • My blog: GOTH Custom Sabers
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 12:14:46 AM »
This is awesome!
The features, the price, plus a very easy to wire board, wow  :))

@Turgon: take a look at this part in Naigon's post: What about Igniter(TM)?   ;)

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 04:23:26 AM »
So is the Mini a step UP from the regular igniter?  A step sideways? Or a step down?

Igniter Mini is a step-up. It has all the features, supports color mixing on FOUR channels (versus three on Igniter), has a much smaller footprint and only needs one battery.

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 07:38:20 AM »

Igniter Mini is a step-up. It has all the features, supports color mixing on FOUR channels (versus three on Igniter), has a much smaller footprint and only needs one battery.

I agree. Now Pat, you can answer this for me. Since you are more or less halving the voltage, is there any notable volume drop? I could care less what it means on paper, but from your experience, is it that much less louder than the original Igniter?
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 08:04:50 AM »
The Mini's max volume is pretty high. I can't run any of them at full volume at home because my wife gives me grief for it. The max volume on Igniter is louder but not so loud that it would drown out the Mini. Naigon can chime in on the technical details. There is something in dev right now to boost it even more for those that like to damage their hearing (;)) but there will be more on that down the road.

Offline Turgon

• Master Force User
  • Epic Bear sez " Can I haz two?"
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 09:31:16 AM »
The Mini's max volume is pretty high. I can't run any of them at full volume at home because my wife gives me grief for it. The max volume on Igniter is louder but not so loud that it would drown out the Mini. Naigon can chime in on the technical details. There is something in dev right now to boost it even more for those that like to damage their hearing (;)) but there will be more on that down the road.

Pat,  do you recall if the Ahsoka Tano saber I got from you has an Igniter or an I-Mini?  I used it for my "black blade" test and, if you watch the video on IRA, I comment on how frickin' loud it is.  Also, strangely (maybe), I have solved many low volume issues by going to a 2W, 8 Ohm 20mm speaker (I think they are by Veco), which seems to double the volume.

I've broken Juggers in half, smashed their bones, left the ground behind me wet with brains. There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 10:03:55 AM »
The Ahsoka has the big daddy Igniter.

I will say that the 2W 8ohm mini speakers are amazing in these builds. I put one in my OR QGJ that had the first Igniter Mini in it and it sounded awesome. I made a new resonance module for it before I sold it and it made it even better.

retrousse