fiduciary

Author Topic: 2005 Mace FX  (Read 5152 times)

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
  • I like my lightsabers too bright, too loud!
2005 Mace FX
« on: January 13, 2008, 12:53:13 AM »
I am a huge fan of Mace and like it or not. His hilt is the prettiest one out there.

So, finally, I brought this one home. Its a display piece but all in good condition.

The lightings really is embarrassing compared to the other 3 FX that I have. You can easily see red blotches along the lenght of the blade. :D

The sound is comparable to Obiwan's but just a tad louder. I am beginning to understand that all FX sounds are staticky!

The hilt, this is a major turn on area! I love it and I am likely to get another 1 or 3 down the road. I know people said its over size yakity yak etc etc but maybe I got big hands. It fits like a glove. And the weight is heaven! I love everything about the hilt.

I think its my day because I got a call this morning from the shop and they told me of a demo Mace but worn plating. We agreed on a price and he will ship it over to me shortly. I think a double Mace would looks seriously nice too!

The gold plating is like Obiwan's. Very bad! I would love to have these gold plated with thicker microns much, much later on. Would be difficult to pry the stuff out to plate and I think some areas are not possible without breaking anything.

I can't find the thread where someone wanted to sell his torn down but fully operational Mace FX without the blade. If I can find that now, I will make offer to buy it because that is how much I love the hilt!

Anyway, I am going nuts with this one! ;D

B
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 01:56:14 AM by Boxster »

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
Re: 2005 Mace FX
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 03:37:58 PM »
Gotta agree with you that the Mace Windu hilt is one of the nicest.  The FX as a whole is another story, though - due to the poor blade color.  To me, the Mace FX has always been sort of a wild card:  Sometimes it looks purple, most of the time it doesn't. 

I currently have three Mace FXs myself - a stock one, an Ultra converted one with color disks, and a luxeon-converted AOTC version (with the earlier, muffled MR sounds) 

I'm eagerly awaiting the day that Hyperdyne releases their purple hyper blade.  Once they do so, I'll be sending them one of my Windu hilts for a retrofitting.  That will most-definitely be the ultimate Windu lightsaber.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 06:39:09 PM by Jedimoves »

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 06:26:49 PM »
 ;D

Congrats on your mace saber and I have to agree.It's a nice hilt for a saber. 8)

Offline lowandheavy

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 07:41:39 PM »
I love it to I recently got a hold of a green ultra fx mace, this in addition to my regular mace and I can't say enough how I love this hilt. I just wan't to drill out the holes in the in the emitter for that look.

Offline Ishi-Goturi

• Experienced Force User
  • The Hutts are gangstas!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 08:22:06 PM »
The Mace is currently my only MR FX saber, so I can't really write a review or compare it to other sabers, but I will say that the hilt is very impressive and definitely commands attention whenever I show it to someone new. I don't mind the weight and size at all. I find it very comfortable now that I've gotten used to it. I want more sabers, but the Mace is certainly a gem. :)
Many Bothans died to bring us this signature.

Consular Green Ultra FX
MHS Blue Lux III

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 03:24:31 AM »
Heh, yeah, the LED is pretty bad. Even the salesman said its the worse in terms of lights. He is right! :D

Jedimoves. Wow, that is mighty cool man! I am still in the market to see what's hot and what's new. I still have a long road in front of me regarding customisings because I saw in TSCC site which offer a board to make the blade flickers and so forth. How is the Lux with coloured disc? I read somewhere that its not as bright?

Kenobi, thanks! I think of the hilt whole day while at work. Geeky huh? :D :D :D

Lowandheavy, tell me about it! :D After I get the 3rd Mace. I will make some custom works one of the hilts. Drilling holes is one of them. ;D

Ishi, yeah, these FX is pretty addictive but I blame this board as well! :D ;D I don't swing or even have someone to spar with. I just like the fact that these are 1/3 the price of the LE ones.

Tho I like Obiwan my favourite but Mace just up a notch for me now, just the hilt. :D

Thanks for responding, guys! Once I get the second Mace, I will post pics of them.

B

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 07:19:12 AM »
You're right, a luxeon-converted Mace FX with color disks does lack in the brightness department.  But it's also wayyyy more purple than a stock FX, so it's an acceptable give-and-take.  ;) 

Best of luck to you with any future custom projects, and be sure to keep us updated with any cool stuff you get.  :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 07:24:30 AM by Jedimoves »

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 05:07:57 PM »
 :D
It's nothing wrong to think about your saber boxster now and then.Now if you were like me and try to get the saber to fly off the wall and into your hand like I do once and a while----now that's another matter lol :D :D

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 04:25:42 AM »
Hey Jedimoves, thanks! I will definitely post here coz its here where I learn about modified or custom sabers.

Hmmm, the coloured disc now sounds tempting to me. I often wonder if there is anyway to by pass the MR card to use Lux 5? That would be something to make the disc'ed purple blade far brighter. :D

Kenobi, :D :D :D don't get me started on that coz I been doing that since 81' without much success!!! :D :D :D

B

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 05:12:20 PM »
 :D :D

My wife shakes her head and laughs everytime she sees me try lol :D :D

retrousse