fiduciary

Author Topic: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!  (Read 46370 times)

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
Re: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2009, 09:48:25 PM »
Just curious to see if anyone has received their Overlord yet. On the 30th, Ultra said the following:

We heard from Derek just last week and he said he's building the sabers and shipping them out.

I'm trying to be hopeful, but if Ultra posted that on the 30th, and he was told that the week prior, we're looking at the 26th at the latest? Has anyone received a shipment or a notice of shipment at this point? You'd think in almost 3 weeks, one or two would have gone out... Come on, people, give me some good news!

::I'm not holding my breath, though...::
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline DerFrownmacher

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2009, 10:27:30 PM »
Mine was on the completed list, and I haven't seen it.

Then again, it could be drifting through the collection of Cul-De-Sacs the post office insists I live inside. Sigh.

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
  • Evil is just a point of view
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2009, 06:03:18 PM »
Any news on this yet? It's been a week since DT's "update" and I have yet to hear of any tracking numbers going out. Looks like I won't be taking my Overlord to Comic-Con......again..... :-\

I find it odd not ONE Overlord has shipped out....especially the ones without sound. It's not like they are being built from scratch. It should not be taking nearly this long to get these out the door, even with the "personal and financial issues".  The whole situation is ridiculous and smells funny.  >:(

« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 06:53:03 PM by Ri-on Ozryel »

“We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.”

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2009, 09:00:32 PM »
I think most of us would agree, Ri-on. I find Ultra's faith and trust admirable, and I have no doubt that things are happening behind the scenes, but I do feel the same way as you. It has been 3 weeks since Ultra heard that they were being completed and shipped out. So far, I haven't heard of a single one being in anyone's hands, or even being notified of shipping. And no update from Ultra, which leads me to believe there is either a) no news (which means nothing is done yet) or b) no good news, which could be even worse.

Again, I applaud Ultra's faith (misplaced as I'm starting to believe it is), and I do understand the situation is far from ideal, but I'm starting to lose faith that anything is going to ever get done. DT commented in his update about how he has been turned off of the whole star wars thing because of this. While I'm nowhere near his level, I can say these are the last custom sabers I'll be buying for a long, long time...

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2009, 04:21:50 PM »
Well after being thrown under a bus... I am glad to report that the jerks like (name removed) will be receiving some nifty things...

As for anyone else... I am just doing what I can as I can.  We just had some nice letters from an attorney pop up, we are losing our house.  All because we can't make the payments because my medical bills have drained us. 

And a few Overlords HAVE shipped moron.  Kinda hard to find time to build a toy when I am talking to law dogs, and begging the finance company to settle with us so that we are not out on the street in July.

But what do you guys care?  As long as you have your expletive removed by moderator toys that is all that matters.

Want to talk about misplaced faith?  How about faith in someone that NEVER answers your calls?  Even when you give them the number OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Mods please Lock...

« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 04:05:35 AM by LUKE SKYWALKER »

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2009, 04:43:52 PM »
Calling names is not helping.

Can you put the remaining sabers in a box with their orders, parts and soundboards and ship them too me for assembly.

I will sort and parcel the rest of the run out to the sabersmiths that have offered to help finish  the run and ship them out.

I also need the the Bane paperwork as well.

250.00 dollars is an investment more than it is a toy.

This thread stays open.

Ultra will send you a PDF address label, if you contact him.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 07:57:00 AM by JANGO FETT »

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Rion Ozryel

• 50% Ri, 50% On
  • Experienced Force User
  • Evil is just a point of view
    • The Galactic Sweatshop
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2009, 09:45:51 PM »
Wow, name calling....I hope you don't talk to your attorney the way you talk to your clients.

Unfortunately, the world does not revolve around you and your "whoa is me" stories. A lot of people are having financial issues, but you don't see them spilling them all over public forums. A lot of people paid a lot of money for these "toys" and in these tough times I can see them wanting them and asking where they are, especially when they've taken you so long to complete.

Honestly, I don't care what your excuses are anymore and yea, I'm an insensitive jerk. But look at it from my point of view. You have my money, my soundboard and my saber. I asked you months ago just to send me my saber and my soundboard without completing the installation and you threw one of your infamous temper tantrums. Grow up, and ship out my stuff, it's been long enough.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 09:48:41 PM by Ri-on Ozryel »

“We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.”

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2009, 11:43:10 PM »
Well after being thrown under a bus... I am glad to report that the jerks like (name removed) will be receiving some nifty things...

You mean the "jerks" that PAID for a product AND for shipping?  THOSE "jerks"?  Speaking of....where is that shipping money? 

You talk of cowards and people "turn-coating"....but I invited you to our chat room for you to address these people and speak to them one on one....in an effort to keep this away from the forums and save what little bit of dignity you still had.....you have YET to appear. 

And a few Overlords HAVE shipped moron. 

More name calling?  Sinking to a new low....desperate people do desperate things, I suppose.  Good luck!

AMAZING that just two short months ago....I would have defended you to the end....as a friend and a fellow sabersmith.  But then this????  I looked up to you....alot of us did.  And then you post this (along with your last useless post)....way to "lead by example". 

You come here to give these "updates" but can't help to take a few jabs at the same time, can you?  I think most of us would rather you just ship off the sabers so someone else (MORE STABLE) can complete them.  Or have not enough of us pleaded with you to do just that?

Your situation is unique....no doubt.  But are you REALLY going to blame the saber community for WANTING the products that they paid for?  No need to answer that....since you already have. 

« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 12:49:31 AM by Master Jedye »

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2009, 11:54:02 PM »

Your situation is unique....no doubt. 

I disagree. Who remembers Jedi Saber Smith AKA Equinox? I'd call these situations pretty similar.

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2009, 04:10:28 AM »
Just as a reminder guys, let's please try to keep it civil.  This is a very sensitive issue and I am proud of you for keeping your replies within forum guidelines.

Like Jango said it has not been locked down yet.  Let's try to keep it open to allow it to be a form of communication.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 04:12:34 AM by LUKE SKYWALKER »

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2009, 06:04:07 AM »
The only thing that's missing is the ever famous "should I stay a member of this forum" poll. ::)

Anyway,

Can you put the remaining sabers in a box with their orders, parts and soundboards and ship them too me for assembly.

I will sort and parcel the rest of the run out to the sabersmiths that have offered to help finish  the run and ship them out.

That's generous of you Jango, and if this becomes a reality be sure to post here and let us know(as I'm sure you would anyway). I didn't get an overlord, but I did buy the ancient saber(elder w/ sound) like.....4 months ago. I don't mind being patient, but given the extent of the situation something needs to be done. :-\

Offline JANGO FETT

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2009, 06:15:47 AM »
To be clear. I am only going to finish the Overlord run and sort out the Bane list.
Possibly some E series repairs that DT has.

My main responsibility is to the Ultrasabers clients.

If he sends it or any other saber to me, I will contact the client and try to work something out.
The Overlords and Banes take priority.

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2009, 08:02:20 AM »
This is very generous of you Jango. I am not holding my breath that it will happen, but the offer is generous, and it would at least reassure those of us waiting for the overlords that they would actually be worked on. I, like many others, asked to have the sabers and boards (I have 2 ordered, as well as 2 US 2 to be installed) shipped to me incomplete, even went to far as to offer to give my UPS account number so I could pay for shipping. Nothing. I'm beginning to wonder if these sabers actually exist...

Offline JANGO FETT

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2009, 08:18:13 AM »
I'm beginning to wonder if these sabers actually exist...
Do you mean the hilts themselves? here's a pic.

While there are some problems going on, this is not the elaborate conspiracy scam your post seems to imply.

Keep it civil or this will be locked.

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2009, 08:23:31 AM »
To be clear. I am only going to finish the Overlord run and sort out the Bane list.
Possibly some E series repairs that DT has.

My main responsibility is to the Ultrasabers clients.

If he sends it or any other saber to me, I will contact the client and try to work something out.
The Overlords and Banes take priority.

Noted. Thanks for the clarify. :)

retrousse