fiduciary

Author Topic: The Dara, a NEW saber for Ramaditya, complete, 5/31/09  (Read 18815 times)

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
Re: The Dara, a NEW saber for Ramaditya, (WIP)!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 10:19:44 PM »
I requested earlier to add an accent LED at the pommel, perhaps it will be nice. But DC told me that the board probably would not have enough power to drive it.

1. Won't it be too much light if we add accent LED to accompany the crystal chamber which has already lit the hilt?
2. Suppose this accent LED idea is accepted, do you think the board can handle it?

I think the board can handle it, .....just gotta wire a few things up a little differently. Since it is a 7 pin style board, I have a few ideas.
My concerns are still power, since it is only 4.5V max.  We got quite a bit going on in that hilt, (or will once it is all complete)

So, yes, ...we will still try it, I THINK it will be fine.

And sorry, ...but I dont understand the first question. The crystal chamber is very bright, ....it is just that my cheap camera doesn't show it well while the BRIGHT p4 is lit up. But the Chamber is a bright, vivid purple.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:23:13 PM by Darth_Call »

Offline Ramaditya

• Guardian of the Outer Rim
  • Master Force User
  • The first blind member of FX-Sabers Forum!
    • Who Says A Blind Man Can't Blog?
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 10:44:44 PM »
Sorry DC. What I mean with the first question was; Will it be suitable/looking good/nice or not if we add additional accent LED? As I can't see, will it be okay and feel nice to add the accent LED?

This is about appearance, I believe...
~If you want to be loved, make yourself loveable~

Check out my lightsaber collection here (post #44):
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=20080.msg308481

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 11:06:59 PM »
Sorry DC. What I mean with the first question was; Will it be suitable/looking good/nice or not if we add additional accent LED? As I can't see, will it be okay and feel nice to add the accent LED?

This is about appearance, I believe...

LOL, ..Ok, i understand.

Let me make sure the pommel Accent LED idea will work first, ...then we can examine the possibility of more.    ;)  ;D ;D

If any one else has worked with a 2n1 Card, feel free to chime in here, ........pooling ideas from where ever!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 11:08:42 PM by Darth_Call »

Offline secretApprentice

• Force User
  • guns and (or) Sabers..
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2009, 01:16:44 AM »
this is, will actually be the coolest saber in indonesia.. i know i'll get there.. SOON.. LoL..
"i'm here to rescue you.. and i'm not too short for a stormtrooper.."

collecting enough money for a new Hasbro ROTS Obi or a MR ROTJ Luke.. or whatever worth buying on a limited budget.. Xp

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2009, 03:06:22 AM »
An amazing saber. Vader's Vault did an amzing job on that crystal chamber and MJ's overlay is gorgeous.
Great work, all!

Offline Maim

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2009, 07:45:56 AM »
Wow a very cool saber. Im jealose to be honest the crystal chamber is prettty much what i envisoned for my dual saber that i have contacted ldm on mine.
Diffrent color but just wow on that.
The gold overlay is fantastic awesome work.
I wasnt around for whatever drama that happen before but i dont see fx boards or sabersmiths putting down this hobby.  it might to alot seem like childs play but to me it fullfills dreams i had has a small boy and i am sure wheever one of the sabersmiths finishes a build he or she knows what it means to the owner and how appreciative we are to them.
Btw qui qon eagerley awaiting the brass saber 15 mmm i cant wait to have it in my hands.

Offline Sparhawk

• Padawan Learner
  • I'm a pretty pretty princess...DON'T JUDGE ME.
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2009, 07:55:36 AM »
*Simply stares. And drools. Wash, rinse, Repeat*
Not every Jedi is a Hero, nor every Sith, the Villain.

Offline Ramaditya

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2009, 08:16:45 AM »
To both Maim and Sparhawk, yes this one is actually a great hobby. Never mind about child's play, as it can remove stress and bring happiness like any other hobbies, so what?

Back to Dara. I started the request last December 2008, and slowly built this together with DC.

Now awaiting pommel and some minor improvements, and the saber will be ready! And, it's duelable, too!

Offline Sethski

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2009, 03:34:22 PM »
This is one of those sabers that crop up from time to time and seems to get the perfect balance between elegant design and uncluttered, effective simplicity... Ramaditya, you're in for a treat - aside from looking good, I'm sure it'll also be a joy to handle, and the sounds of the 2in1 card are great from the YouTube videos I've seen.  ;)

Respect to all involved - it's great to see people pooling their time and talent to create something so fricking awesome  8) I look forward to seeing the finished saber with pommel, etc (looks great as it is anyway, mind you...).

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2009, 06:21:38 PM »

With tension mounting and events uncertain in the saber community, ....I, ....we, ......us, ....the builders of THIS really cool saber, just wanted to show people that we, the sabersmiths, have a mutual respect and admiration for each others work, ....for each others talents. We discuss builds behind the scenes, ....we help each other when needed, ...when asked. We SUPPORT each others decisions and share our ideas. We can argue, we can disagree, but we do it respectfully.
We are a community, ....we are friends, .....we are family!

All is well, ....all will continue to be well.

Fenderbender and I are honored to have been a part of this project.   A few months ago, Darth Call approached us about making a crystal chamber for a saber.  A wonderful saber being made for a wonderful couple.  He had a concept to get some of the sabersmiths in the community to each contribute a part of this saber.  To show everyone that we, the sabersmiths, are a united group who can work together even when there are forces trying to cause dissension, and distrust.  At the time when this project first started, evil darkside forces were conspiring to try to put "us little guys", the individual sabersmiths who create sabers for the community to enjoy, out of business.  Darth Call had an idea that by collaborating on this project, we could "bring balance" back to the lightsaber community.  We could all get together and create something good and wipe out all the negativity with a united front.  It was an inspiring idea and I believe that it did help to pave the way towards some necessary healing.  A lot of people out there don't realize that, as Darth Call mentioned, we have a community within the community, as it were.  We share ideas and discuss new things in order to better sabersmithing and continue to bring the development of custom lightsabers forward, improving them with new features and techniques.  This is a tremendous benefit to the entire community and one which we cannot allow evil darkside forces to disrupt. 

It is great to see the progress that has been made so far on this lightsaber, and will be terrific to see it when it is completed.  The new owners will not only have an awesome saber, but one that represents the heart of the sabersmithing community, as well as the spirit of the community as a whole.  This is truly a unique piece!

Facebook: VVFB

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2009, 06:42:51 PM »
 ;)

Congrats for one truly one of a beauty of a saber!!See when we all help out anything can happen!! ;D

Offline Ramaditya

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2009, 07:37:43 PM »
When I received my first custom saber, Valkyria, my girlfriend approached me and she said it was beautiful and she wanted to have one. But at the same time, my heart wanted to have it, too. So we spoke and decided to ask Darth Call to build another saber, not only for me, but for her as well. A saber that can be for both of us, as my saber is hers and her saber is mine, too.

And, I heard that evil dark force event was floating around here, and Darth Call came up with the idea. So I agreed, and it means the saber won't only unite both my girlfriend and I, but also this community as well!

Well, I think my time has not arrived to say thanks to all of you yet, as the saber is still in progress. But here's what I want to say...

Dara will always be mine forever! I am terribly sorry if one of you probably want to have this piece someday, or those evil dark force that will probably plan to destroy it, as this saber will never appear on eBay or any other shop, as THE VALUE OF THIS LIGHTSABER CANNOT BE MEASURED, as it contains our spirits, the saber community!

Guys, if my destiny brings me to marry my girlfriend, I will proudly take that beautiful moment to show that the saber will be with us in the procession day...

So, please put any effort or suggestion in this WIP. I can't do anything from here, guys, but to pray for our community and the successful making of this lightsaber...

Offline DarrynVarson

• Master Force User
  • Aspiring Jedi
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 01:09:11 AM »
I just want to say that the work done on this saber is amazing. Praise to all involved as this is an amazingly unique saber that looks beautiful. Great work by all involved.

Offline Ramaditya

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2009, 06:13:20 AM »
DC, any progress for the pommel yet?

Offline Orakaa

• Master Force User
  • I'll send you in hades... with a taste of paradise
    • Orakaa - photography and computer graphics
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2009, 11:04:37 PM »
This is a very nice saber. It really feels like the weapon of a prince, anyway it's got some royalish feeling

Orakaa - photographer, photoshop expert and graphic designer

retrousse