fiduciary

Author Topic: Lightsaber Hilt that Most Resembles Kendo Shinai  (Read 3349 times)

Offline The_Antiquarian

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Lightsaber Hilt that Most Resembles Kendo Shinai
« on: May 18, 2017, 01:02:02 AM »
Hello,

I have been a collector of Darth Vader helmets and this is my first time venturing into the world of lightsabers!
My plan is to acquire high-end pieces, but at the moment, I would like to purchase two set of lightsabers for my son and myself (for fun).

I see that your website lists out numerous types of lightsabers. I currently practice Kendo and as such, I would like a hilt that accommodates the grip of Kendoka and resembles the "shinai" both in length and the girth.

I have been eyeing for Legionnaire. Would this be the best choice? I believe Kendo Shinai hilt is longer than the usual lightsaber hilts that we are accustomed to in the films and etc.

Offline VoxFX

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Lightsaber Hilt that Most Resembles Kendo Shinai
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 02:23:04 PM »
You definitely want the Legionnaire.  It is a 14" long hilt, so plenty of room for the type of grip you are talking about.  However, you will probably find that the width is not quite the same.  One of the trademark features of VV is the slenderness of their hilts.  It has been over a decade since I've held a shinai, but if memory serves they are a little wider than the Legionnaire would be.  If that isn't an issue, I say go with that hilt.

The other one you could investigate is the Mitsurugi 3K.  It also has a similar design, but will give you a slightly thicker hilt at the expense of some length.  Still plenty of room for both your hands, just not the 14" of the Legionnaire.

Good luck!

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 08:02:48 PM »
The legionnaire would be good for the fighting style and similarity in the hilt.
However I would recommend the standard TRI Cre LED blade over the neopixel for
dueling use and the affordability of empty blades :wink:

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 08:40:22 PM »
You may want to act fast, because I believe that model is going to be discontinued.

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline The_Antiquarian

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 10:15:28 AM »
The legionnaire would be good for the fighting style and similarity in the hilt.
However I would recommend the standard TRI Cre LED blade over the neopixel for
dueling use and the affordability of empty blades :wink:

I haven't checked my original posting for more than two years!
As always, thank you very much for your input and it's been an honor talking to you!

You may want to act fast, because I believe that model is going to be discontinued.

Atm, I put aside my kendo practicing, but that is definitely something to consider!
Thank you for the info!

retrousse