fiduciary

Author Topic: Custom Old Republic Jedi/Sith Armor  (Read 2901 times)

Offline GnostDural

• No Force
  • Keeper of the Jedi Archives.
Custom Old Republic Jedi/Sith Armor
« on: July 25, 2019, 08:14:08 AM »
Hey guys, quick question.

Convention season is around the corner, as well as the coming TSL Dueling Season.. Looking to go all out this year and do a FULL cosplay/ dueling armor set. Ideally, I'd like to make an Old Republic Era inspired armor set, though not based off any one character, moreso just a custom set. Maybe even similar to some of the original drawings for the Force Unleashed outfits.. Not crazy heavy armor, just a couple key pieces in conjunction with robes.

Does anybody know of any inexpensive methods of doing this? I've seen people online who 3D print armor, or who use crazy casts and mouldings and then paint it all.. not against a more labor intensive build, these options just sound expensive.
I'm new to this whole process, so I'm just trying to do as much research as possible to hopefully do a good job.

Thanks for your help, and May The Force Be With You

This will be the subject of my next report. May the Force be with you.

Offline GnostDural

• No Force
Re: Custom Old Republic Jedi/Sith Armor
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 08:22:20 AM »

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 01:42:54 PM »
EVA foam, or foam floor mats... that's about as much bang for your buck as you're going to get.  I'd research "foam armor" or "Foam Armor The Old Republic", or something similar... Punished Props Academy and Evil Ted Smith are your patron saints of EVA foam.

Offline GnostDural

• No Force
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 08:54:05 AM »
EVA foam, or foam floor mats... that's about as much bang for your buck as you're going to get.  I'd research "foam armor" or "Foam Armor The Old Republic", or something similar... Punished Props Academy and Evil Ted Smith are your patron saints of EVA foam.

Thanks for the tip! I checked those guys out; super cool! That may just do!

retrousse