fiduciary

Author Topic: Toronto Saber Guild  (Read 41298 times)

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
Re: Toronto Saber Guild
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 12:04:36 PM »
i heard Dalhousie is a good school. i dont know much about Manitoba or Calgary. Western is ok, thats a party school though.

what, no U of T?  i went to U of T, got my BSC.   of course im not doing anything with it now. i work in accounts recievable. what a waste of money, hahahahaha.

who is paying for your student loans?  its gonna be pretty hefty i bet. they keep raising the prices all the time. i am so glad i paid off my student loans.

Offline Smokiewan

• Master Force User
  • Canadian Jedi do it in the snow
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 11:09:36 PM »
Oi! Student loans....

Thanks for the illusion of a future PLUS debt!

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 05:28:15 AM »
i know  a few friends of mine that are still paying off their student loans. and they told me at the rate they are going, they wont be able to fully pay it off (including interest) until they are about 45 years old. and they are all in their early 30s. 

if you can, try not to live on campas, live at home, that will save you at least 10 grand a year.  living on residence is killer man. thats what kills you.

luckily, i lived close to U of T at the time. so i didnt have that problem. saved myself 10 grand a year.

can you imagine, after you finish school, you have this huge xxx debt.   nothing worse than finding your first job and getting paid but you cant keep any of the money. it all goes to your studen loans.

my wife and i got an RESP (a savings plan for our sons education, so when he goes to school, tuition will be paid for). so when he graduates, he will have no student loans. his first paycheque will go directly in his pockets.

i wish my parents thought of that   :(

Offline greco18

• Force User
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 01:11:50 PM »
Luckily my parents are paying for all of my schooling :). I did not apply to uoft because I dont really want to commute downtown every day and my rents said they wouldnt pay student housing if I were somewhat local. I am very thankful that I will not have any debts when I graduate though. I have a few friends who are getting killed already just trying to pay for their undergrad. Graduate school, if one wants to be a Lawyer in Canada will cost 60-95 thousand, and probably 200 thousand if you want to be a doctor. So, better plan for that! lol. Not to mention an undergrad degree at a local school like York or UofT will probably cost 35 thousand after 4 years. More subsidizing please...

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 01:20:28 PM »
yup, i know all about it. thats why we are doing Evan's RESPs right now.  and he isnt even 2 years old yet, hahahaha.

we are throwing in $100 every month. so by the time he is 18, he should have a couple of bucks in there.  also, the government matches your contribution. so you get what you put in, and more.  oh, and plus the interest too.   

that little fart better go to school man, cause we are putting a lot of money away for him. hahahahaha.

i think if they chose not to go to school, you can transfer the money into an RRSP. so it doesnt all go to waste. but i think the government take back the contribution part.  which is understandable.

good for you man, you have smart parents. good to hear.

Offline impa

• Force User
  • I Must Pwn ALL
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 05:22:17 PM »
Sounds like an idea, i may need to look into the RESP idea for my daughter's future. I skipped college/university myself went straight into working for Bell Canada at 18 (i'm 27 now). But there isn't much flex or opportunities for youths to just opt to go straight into the work force anymore... which is unfortunate. I just couldn't see myself spending 5-10 years and paying the same amount i would for a house over the course of 20-30 years on tuition etc. Most companies have their own training courses etc once your accepted... Which kind of negates the whole school experience. Just my own opinion.. Although if you want to be in law or medicine you most definitely can't skip steps. I hope it all works out for you Greco, best of luck!

FX-Sabers Yoda's Vintage Graflex V - CFv5
Orbital Machining Wat's Obi-Wan Kenobi TPM #36 - CFv5
Harp's Darth Maul TPM battle damage - CFv6.5
RO's Starkiller weathered - CFv7
MH's LS6 ROTJ Luke Hero - PCu1.6
Dark Navel's LS6 ROTJ Luke V2 - PC2.0

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 06:10:23 PM »
ok, so you only have once choice of hilts. which one would you pick?

you can only choose one, and it will be your hilt forever. no trades, no returns.

I would choose the Adi Gallia. i think that is one of the coolest looking hilts. with that bar graph. so cool.

you guys?

Offline ag3nt4877

• Force User
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 06:22:16 PM »
Hard one! .... I'm torn ... But I would have to go with a Graflex ESB with a Yoda chassiss of course!  ;D

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 06:41:12 PM »
yup, you can only choose one. this will be your weapon to defend your family, your neighborhood, your honor.

hahaha, so funny, hahahaha.

Offline Smokiewan

• Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 09:08:56 PM »
If I had to choose a saber for life, it would be Darth Sidious' black crome saber. So sexy....  ;)

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2012, 05:35:53 AM »
really, it comes in all black?  i never seen it in all black, only in that gold/silver/beige look. it looks kinda like a bug or something. something organic. but i never seen it in black. do you have a picture. i would love to see it.

i also wonder when they are going to have a Fan Fair with starwars in it. is that coming up anytime soon? does anyone know?

Offline Smokiewan

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2012, 07:50:26 AM »
As requested.

Granted, the difference could be do to the fact that these are collector pieces, but I'm pretty sure both were used in the film. One against Windu, one against Yoda.

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 07:53:51 AM »
ahhhh, i see.

nice. i like it. i really like it.

how come no one has made a Sidius saber?  i mean i saw an Iron Man saber and a Superman saber, but never seen a Sidius saber. wat up wit dat! 

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2012, 06:06:39 AM »
alright boys and girls, today i sent my kit fisto saber off to be modified. yup, there are going to be some blinkies, some FoC, some PC, some bad xxx speakers. its going to be amazing. i cant wait.

the Kit Fisto hilt is one of my favorite hilts. so getting the stock Force FX Lightsaber fixed up is going to be great.

so its going to have a PC
Green with Red FoC
lots of blinkies and accent LEDs
a good premium speaker
kill key with recharge port. etc. etc.

ill post some pics onces its done. its going to take a few weeks im guessing.

woo hoooo. i cant wait, im so excited.

a very good buddy of mine Simpi-Gon Sims is going to be the mad scientist behind the curtain.

Offline impa

• Force User
  • I Must Pwn ALL
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2012, 09:44:24 AM »
alright boys and girls, today i sent my kit fisto saber off to be modified. yup, there are going to be some blinkies, some FoC, some PC, some bad xxx speakers. its going to be amazing. i cant wait.

the Kit Fisto hilt is one of my favorite hilts. so getting the stock Force FX Lightsaber fixed up is going to be great.

so its going to have a PC
Green with Red FoC
lots of blinkies and accent LEDs
a good premium speaker
kill key with recharge port. etc. etc.

ill post some pics onces its done. its going to take a few weeks im guessing.

woo hoooo. i cant wait, im so excited.

a very good buddy of mine Simpi-Gon Sims is going to be the mad scientist behind the curtain.

Congrats, look forward to seeing it.

FX-Sabers Yoda's Vintage Graflex V - CFv5
Orbital Machining Wat's Obi-Wan Kenobi TPM #36 - CFv5
Harp's Darth Maul TPM battle damage - CFv6.5
RO's Starkiller weathered - CFv7
MH's LS6 ROTJ Luke Hero - PCu1.6
Dark Navel's LS6 ROTJ Luke V2 - PC2.0

retrousse