fiduciary

Author Topic: Faulty recharge port?  (Read 548 times)

Offline Narcisith

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Faulty recharge port?
« on: March 27, 2017, 06:24:05 AM »
Hey guys, quick question.  Has anyone ever received a defective recharge port?  When I plug it into the charger and perform a voltage test on the (+) and battery (-) I get nothing.  Either I'm somehow using my meter improperly or my port may be a dud?  Wasn't sure if that is a common issue.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Re: Faulty recharge port?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 07:52:34 AM »
Defective ports do happen more often than one might hope, especially with cheaper manufacturers.  The batter leg should work even in defective ports since that is always connected, are you sure you are checking the correct leg?  The hilt side is the side that would normally not work correctly, since it is the side that switches on and off.

Offline Narcisith

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Faulty recharge port?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 09:18:15 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I checked using both negatives and neither one registers anything.  I verified the positive leg using Shoot2Thrill's video tutorial, but used every combination of legs for the voltage test just in case I did the first wrong.  I had the same assumption that it would most likely be the board negative that would be faulty as it's the one that switches, as you stated.

retrousse