fiduciary

Author Topic: Help with sound font creation  (Read 615 times)

Offline Ben Swolo

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Help with sound font creation
« on: January 19, 2020, 03:19:04 PM »
Hey all,

I'm trying to create the ultimate snoke font for myself. I'm using k-siths snoke as a base. I wanted to have some snoke quotes after clashes and during the lock up sound.

I'm currently using a 2012 mac book pro and am a new born to editing saber sound fonts. I recently read the prizm 5.5 manual because thats the sound board my saber has.

Anyways what i did was i put the desired snoke quote, hum file, and clash file into garage band to create 1 mp3 file. I then used an online converter to make it from an mp3 to 16 bit 22050 hz mono wav file. I inserted that file onto my saber with appropriate naming convention "clash1.wav" did that for about 8 clash effects and one "lockup.wav" effect.

Went to ignite my saber and hit it and activate lock up but nothing plays. All silence for the clashes and lock up.
What am I doing wrong here?
Is there some kind soul that can teach me the ways?
Or create the files for me?

Thank you!

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Help with sound font creation
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 12:40:13 AM »
as answered by PM, you shouldn't convert your sounds to MP3 and work natively in (uncompress) WAV files. You can use audacity for this.
If the sounds aren't played, they got ignored / skipped because having the wrong format. Logging via the RICE port with debug enabled would tell you additional info.
Also, compare your WAV file with a HEX editor and look for differences in the header. Some horrible tools create non standard WAVE headers which I used to skip on previous board generation. CFX provides more flexibility by parsing the header deeper and more in details, even if the chunks remain deliberately misplaced by apps like Audition.

retrousse