fiduciary

Author Topic: My very own Luke ROTJ V2!  (Read 2573 times)

Offline chaos_79

• Force User
My very own Luke ROTJ V2!
« on: May 20, 2008, 01:43:15 PM »
Well I thought I may as-well post some images of my latest conversion.

I got the hilt of ebay a few months ago pretty cheap. It was already converted but it hadn't been done right, it had no heatsink, the led and lens where held in with just some sticky foam, it was just using the stock blade holder and there was no blade retention screw of any kind. Heres a pic of the inside:

So I decided to convert it properly and since I already had a Luke ROTJ saber I wanted to turn it into a V2. I got the blade holder from TCSS, the Luke ESB clamp I got from silverspyder here on the forums, the fillister screw and D ring I got of ebay and the cone knob I got from http://www.elvistrooper.com/tiekit.htm.

For the switch I decided to mount it on the clamp box just in front of the lever, I used a switch from a Luke ANH saber as it pretty small, because of its position in front of the lever there will be no accidental shut offs! You can see it on the fourth pic.

I also decide to turn it into a V2 but as first built (no weathering). I prefer it this way plus I know I would never be happy with the way the weathering would come out, I’m too much of a perfectionist. Also so you know its running a green 3w luxeon.

So here it is:

And finally here it is with one of my own emitter plugs.

Hope you like it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 01:48:54 PM by chaos_79 »

Offline BIGGS DARKLIGHTER

• Formerly known as Heimidal
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
Re: My very own Luke ROTJ V2!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 02:46:28 PM »
Looks really nice! Like the emmitter plug too.

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
Re: My very own Luke ROTJ V2!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 02:49:07 PM »
Very nice job - it looks great.  And I like the placement of the switch.

retrousse